YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 92 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1509 Members
15 Forums
25797 Topics
319552 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#327369 - 04/02/19 10:24 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I did get the Freebird guitar, only for it's appearance. I like the song, but not for that ornament.

#327379 - 04/02/19 03:16 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JamieG Offline
Elf

Loc: Chamblee, Georgia
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike

- Already said this in another thread, but wish they would do classic board games for the Family Game Night series.

Did you see the video of Rodney Gentry talking about the ornament (I highly recommend folks watch it so you can see the actual ornament instead of the CGI version)? The game was invented in the late 60s, so it's more than 50 years old. Chutes and Ladders, by contrast, came out in 1974 (same year for Connect 4). Yeah, it's based on an older game (Snakes and Ladders), but the first time Chutes was used was in 1974. So, Hungry Hungry Hippos is older. wink

Speaking of games, did anyone figure out who won Connect 4? There are four pieces connected on the ornament.

Milton Bradley first used the Chutes and Ladders name in 1943.

#327380 - 04/02/19 04:06 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Vixen Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Chicago, IL
On spring break in a dreary, cooler than typical South Padre Island, TX...thankful for the reveal of the 2019 ornament line to provide some much-needed, personal sunshine:)

My favorite ornament of the 2019 line...the Belle of the ball....Beauty and the Beast Bonjour!
Love, love the dynamic pose capturing Belle's essence and so pleased that Hallmark has decided on a wardrobe change... hanging the gold gown in the armoire-for a time.

Some other favs:
Hasbro Barrel of Monkeys = Barrel of Smiles:):):) Love it!

Next Stop: Adventure Globe Travel
Folks, this is your captain...welcome to your memories.
Perfect topper for my smaller, travel, souvenir tree

Mickey and Minnie Fireside Friends
I <3 couples ornaments! Minnie's sweet,loving gaze is adorable! Sigh:) Fireside memories warm my heart.

Moscow Mule
Hey, Bartender-can I get 2?!
Love the heart-shaped lime detail, perfect holiday sentiment

Noble Nutcrackers Prince of the Forest
I'm nutty for nutcrackers so I will be excited to see what's in store for this series.

North Pole Tree Trimmers
I adore these busy elves. This guy on bow-making detail is one of my favorites of the series.

Frosty Friends 2019
The flight school concept makes me happy. Friends see no limitations in one another; faith in friendship. What a cute sculpt. Probably one of my top 5 favorites of the series.

Frosty the Snowman 50th anniversary
I will be delighted to own this dual-character ornament featuring Frosty and his antagonist. I'd love to see more ornaments showcasing villains, nemeses and foes.

NHL Chicago Blackhawks
Glad to have a hockey ornament option that isn't a puck, helmet or skates. Go Hawks!

Biggest disappointment: Since Hallmark is in the mood for re-issues, repaints etc., I was hoping for the re-issue of NLCV Cousin Eddie's RV for the film's anniversary. I contacted Hallmark with my suggestion a few years ago. This is the ornament that started my interest in Hallmark collecting 10 years ago, and I still do not own it. Ugh. Not unlike Clark, I had high hopes of this being the year...only to be let down. Heavy sigh.

#327381 - 04/02/19 05:10 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Moley Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Arkansas
Vixen, I enjoyed your descriptions. I love Mickey and Minnie Fireside Friends, too. It was the toasted marshmallows that got me. Not as poetic a reason as yours, to be sure. smile

#327382 - 04/02/19 08:24 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: Vixen

Biggest disappointment: Since Hallmark is in the mood for re-issues, repaints etc., I was hoping for the re-issue of NLCV Cousin Eddie's RV for the film's anniversary. I contacted Hallmark with my suggestion a few years ago. This is the ornament that started my interest in Hallmark collecting 10 years ago, and I still do not own it. Ugh. Not unlike Clark, I had high hopes of this being the year...only to be let down. Heavy sigh.

I have been hoping for a Moose Mug for years since I hated the fake voices on the original ornament and didn't buy it due to that. I like that it gets represented twice this year. I'm not sure why they haven't repeated the RV. Not a literal repeat, but something. Have they ever used Cousin Eddie's voice since the first ornament? Maybe that's the reason? That could be the reason why the Moose Mug had fake voices...

#327383 - 04/02/19 08:29 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
goldcrownfan Offline

Favorites:

mini penguin in the teacup

mini white 1966 Mustang

cat photo ornament - I love the picture of the cat. I will leave the picture as is. smile

North Pole Tree Trimmers elf with the red bow - my new favorite of this series

Tudor House

mini Nemo and Dory

#327385 - 04/03/19 08:28 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: Moley]
Vixen Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Originally Posted By: Moley
Vixen, I enjoyed your descriptions. I love Mickey and Minnie Fireside Friends, too. It was the toasted marshmallows that got me. Not as poetic a reason as yours, to be sure. smile

Thanks, Moley! I didn't even notice the marshmallow-I had to go back and take a look--what a sharp eye you have! Love discovering new details even though I've looked through the ornaments several times already:)

#327386 - 04/03/19 10:12 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
happytocollect Offline

Loc: ID
I also like the Puppy Love this year. It reminds me of the Disney movie, “The Ugly Dachshund”. The Great Danes name in the movie is Brutus. I love all dogs but especially dachshunds, so the movie is dear to me. I love how the big Great Dane puppy is so big he fills up the little bed.

#327387 - 04/03/19 10:34 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Are the Mickey & Minnie in the teacup and the Toy Story Woody ornaments redo's? They look like the one's I have from prior years.

#327388 - 04/03/19 10:44 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: JerseyVike]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
Need to have the DreamBook in hand, but here are some favorites so far.....

- Nifty Fifties
- Noble Tudor NH&S
- Holiday Lighthouse
- Despicable Me Merry Minions
- Nativity Bible
- That's A Wrap
- Defender
- Boba Fett (helmet)
- Cozy Critters
- All Are Welcome (church)

Here are a few more I like:

- Bonjour! B&TB
- Star Trek Transporter tabletop
- God's Love Banner
- Fire Brigade - 1958 Dodge
- Rockin' Guitar
- P.D. Eastman - The Best Nest
- R2D2 Lego
- C-3PO Lego
- Mischievous Kitten Surprise
- Reindeer North Pole Pilsner

#327390 - 04/03/19 12:36 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Kiz Offline
Elf in Training

Loc: Olathe, KS
After reading everyone's favorites, I thought I would add some of my favorites and some I haven't seen mentioned:

I've only been collecting for a few years but I think it's already too much for my husband.

I love the birds. I was really excited to see the Blue Heron...my favorite. I could watch them for hours.

I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan but I'm struggling with the Tree Topper and 3 kids that goes with it. So expensive. I've started getting out the Harry Potter ornaments for Halloween and then putting them away during Christmas. This way I have more room for my Christmas stuff. I think the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes looks cute. And I like that the 2nd book came out as well. Last year bought the Sniffler from Magical Beasts and I'm surprised there is nothing from the series this year. Maybe it didn't sell well!?!

I think Ken Crow hit another homerun with Kringle's toy Shop. I buy two of these each year and give one to my sister-in-law.

I really like the Monster Mash Collection too. I can't wait to put it out.

I love ALL things Disney and there is a lot to love this year. The Bing Bong one is so cute. And the Tink's Christmas Kiss is adorable. I will be buying many Disney Ornaments and some I get 2 of because I gift them to my niece and nephews and Step-Daughter each year.

My favorite and probably what caught my attention first years ago are the ornaments for The Year Without a Santa Claus. The Snow Miser Chorus is awesome. I always have to buy two of those because my Step-Daughter is already trying to claim some for when she moves out.

And finally I am curious about the Whimsical Ornament Display tree. I wonder what the height will be. I could put a few of the birds on it and display all year.

Have a Magical Day! Kiz

#327391 - 04/03/19 01:29 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
kmitch Offline

Loc: Conway, AR, USA
JerseyVike,
Yes, the Mickey and Minnie in the teacup is a repeat, just a different color. Toy Story woody looks the same.

#327393 - 04/03/19 03:12 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They added a few videos. The Sesame Street one with Big Bird is playing the authentic song, so that's a must for me.

The Star Wars wreath is a cute idea, but I don't like wreaths that require electricity. My wreaths are all battery-powered so I don't have to worry about cords. I'll stick with the tree for my Storytellers.

The FP Music Box Record Player is great! You move the little arm over and everything. I remember that toy. You flipped the records over for the different songs. It played more songs than the ornament, but that's okay.

The Lion King one is great. Timon seems a bit dark, but their expressions are perfect. I don't have the 1990s one, so I'll gladly take this one. Plus, it's another Disney song I don't have on my tree!

Defender is great too. I still want to see a Disney ornament like this but have it be the Fix-It Felix Jr. game from "Wreck-It Ralph." That would be EPIC!

#327394 - 04/03/19 03:14 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Heidi Offline

Loc: SC
I have enjoyed everyone's comments. I agree with many of them. However, the one I realy love is the Sparkling Poinsettia. I love this kind of ornament on the tree. They really catch the light from the tree lights. It is kind of like jewelry for the tree.

#327396 - 04/03/19 04:07 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: kmitch]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: kmitch
JerseyVike,
Yes, the Mickey and Minnie in the teacup is a repeat, just a different color. Toy Story woody looks the same.

Thanks!!! Didn't think to compare the colors. Will be better once we get the DreamBook in hand.

#327405 - 04/04/19 12:11 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Defender is great too. I still want to see a Disney ornament like this but have it be the Fix-It Felix Jr. game from "Wreck-It Ralph." That would be EPIC!

I would buy this in a heartbeat!

#327434 - 04/06/19 09:27 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
Just thought I'd add my two cents or three or four (one more and you'd get a nickel):

Only 5 must buys for me and a few maybes.

As for just general reactions, and I like many will get a better sense of the ornaments once I have the Dreambook to peruse rather then scolling through pages.

The Sesame Street Big Bird - Great concept. However I have other Sesame Street ornaments (miniatures) so I'll stick with those.

The "regular" Frosty Friends - Cute concept

The Holiday Parade - When I discovered it was going to be a series of trucks I though, meh ... but the snowman driver makes it more interesting.

Iron Man - Made of metal. Clever.

The NCC-1701 Motion Picture Enterprise - Originally I was going to skip this as I have 2005 NCC-1701-A. I knew from having read an interview, that Lynn Norton was never satisfied with the "A" as the saucer section and warp nacelle pylons had to be made thicker to accommodate wiring. On this one though the proportions are much better. Fiber optics? Still a maybe; perhaps I'll take the risk of missing out and make it an after Christmas purchase.

Love the Christopher Reeve as Superman ornament even more since I heard the song play with it. It does kind of look like him, but it is hard to tell with that pose.

This one's a maybe. I'm sort of disappointed in it. I'll have to see it in person. I was hoping for something more "figural" like the Captain America, Iron Man and Batgirl. This seems more like the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman (from three years ago?). What's with the base? Broken rocks? It should be crystalline looking. It should have looked more like this:

Better pose and base.
Also I'm not sure were the music is from based the orchestration. It's not "Superman the Movie" or "Superman IV". It maybe "Superman II" or some other recording that may have been cheaper to get. I'm thinking the latter is more likely.

The Tribble - extraterrestrial life form or Donald Trump's hair?

I hadn't realized that the Green Lantern and Aquaman are miniatures. As I am superhero fan and more of a DC person (having been raised on The Superfriends, Batman '66, Christoper Reeve and George Reeves's Superman, and Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman) these are maybes. I don't want my main tree to be littered with superheros but my miniature tree already has Superman, Batman and Robin, Catwoman and lasts year's Flash gracing it so why not form the Justice League?

Madam Alexander - Like many of you - what's with Clara again? Especially since I don't see this as an improvement on the previous one. If it had been "improved" then I get it (see my comments on the Enterprise NCC-1701 above).

The Wizard of Oz-For the 80th Anniversary, I'm underwhelmed. That being said, if I did not have the Ornament Club Wizard from 1996 then I'b be excited for this ornament. For those who don't have the older ornament this gives them a change to have the eponymous wonderful guy.
As for "The Merry Old Land of Oz" it does nothing for me.

Edited by Qui-gon Grin (04/07/19 11:21 AM)

#327740 - 04/14/19 03:02 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

#327748 - 04/14/19 05:53 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Does Jim Shore do an Arrow/Green Arrow or other Justice League superhero?

#327752 - 04/14/19 07:40 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
I didn't know that Jim Shore did anything with the "quilt work" pattern on it somewhere.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Moderator