YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1503 Members
15 Forums
25710 Topics
318577 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#327753 - 04/14/19 07:44 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: JerseyVike]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
Does Jim Shore do an Arrow/Green Arrow or other Justice League superhero?

Maybe in the future. They just started doing DC Comics in January.

#327923 - 05/03/19 08:05 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
I finally got a chance to look over the dreambook and see what I want to buy this year. Besides my usual series ornaments (Frosty Friends, Snowtop Lodge, Season's Treatings, Barbie, Snoopy), the not-my-usual-purchase ornaments that caught my eye are the Wonder Woman invisible plane and Batgirl, more from nostalgia than anything else. I remember watching Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman when I was a kid and Batgirl on the original Adam West Batman series. Don't know if I'll buy either since they don't go with my other ornaments but definitely felt the tug of nostalgia with these 2.

I've been out of it with ornaments for the last couple of years and even skipped premiere and after-Christmas shopping last year but I hope to be settled in my "forever home" by this summer and to do up Christmas properly again this year. I'll have more room to deck out more trees. I might finally be able to display all of my Christmas ornaments and decorations this year.

#327931 - 05/04/19 09:34 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: homemadebycarol]
sparkle Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Oregon
Carol,

Great to have you back! Enjoy your new home!

Carol

#327991 - 05/05/19 08:02 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: sparkle]
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: sparkle
Carol,

Great to have you back! Enjoy your new home!

Carol

Thanks! I'm feeling a little out of it with ornament stuff so I have some catching up to do. Hadn't expected to move last year, particularly to another state, but it worked out well. My new hometown only has 1 Hallmark for miles around but it's a corporate store so hopefully it'll be staying open for awhile.

My new corp store takes wish lists but they don't let you preorder limiteds so I don't think I'll bother with a wish list. Still trying to narrow down my choices for July. I'm dismayed by how expensive most of the line is. Even at half off, I don't think I'd spend that much except for the ones I really, really want.

Speaking of favorites, another one that caught my eye on the second pass of the dreambook was One Smart Cookie with Minnie Mouse holding a Mickey cookie. I don't usually buy Minnie ornaments but this one is cute.

#327995 - 05/05/19 09:45 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: homemadebycarol]
Claudia Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Southlake,Texas USA

Carol, congratulations on purchasing your "forever home." Hope you post pictures of your Christmas decorations.

#328018 - 05/06/19 11:35 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Emma Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Northern Ca.
Hi Carol, Where did you move too?

#328047 - 05/08/19 01:59 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: Emma]
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Emma
Hi Carol, Where did you move too?

I moved to Reno, NV a few months ago. Although I'm still working for my company in the Bay Area. I tried to fully retire and leave last month but my CFO talked me into staying another 6 months, working part-time so I still commute back to the Bay Area a couple of times a month.But at least it'll be 30 hours a week, not 60-70 which was the minimum of what I had been doing.

#328081 - 05/10/19 11:32 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Santa Girl Offline
Elf VP

Loc: San Diego, CA
Carol it is so wonderful to see you post again. Hope you are enjoying your new home and hometown.

Renee’

#328093 - 05/11/19 10:22 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Emma Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Northern Ca.
How do you like Reno? A change in weather for sure. My daughter lives in Carson City. She likes it there. Are you from Reno? You look soooo young to be retiring? I'm glad to see you back on this site. I always loved seeing your pictures. I bet you will have sooo much fun decorating this year.

#328126 - 05/16/19 06:57 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
beaglebabes Online   happy
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Elf VP

Loc: WI
I like the tape dispenser reindeer that Tom Best did. It is just a different kind of ornament, than the usual.

#328130 - 05/17/19 07:18 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: beaglebabes]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: beaglebabes
I like the tape dispenser reindeer that Tom Best did. It is just a different kind of ornament, than the usual.

This one is in my top ten for this year. We'll have to wait till November to get the "That's a Wrap" ornament.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Moderator