YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1503 Members
15 Forums
25710 Topics
318577 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#327337 - 04/01/19 10:41 AM Favorites? Who has favorites yet?
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
These are some of my favorites (by categories) and opinions at the end:

Series
Snowtop Lodge
Making Memories
Family Game Night
NH&S
Father Christmas's Reindeer (complement)
Christmas Carousel
That's Snow Sweet (complement)

Overall, I'm underwhelmed with my series this year. They're nice but I think last year was a better year for me, in terms of series.

Toys
Music Box Record Player
Connect 4
Tinkertoy Tree
Defender
Pull String Horse

Very pleased with the toys offering. There are more I'm getting as well. Love the Tinkertoy Tree!

Disney
Bonjour!
The Lion King 25th Anniversary
A Beautiful Night
Bing Bong Saves the Day
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo
Woody and Bo Peep
Belle and Beast
Mickey Mouse Record Player
Good Scouts
Stocking Stuffers

The Bonjour! ornament is amazing! Thank you for thinking outside the box.

Miniatures
Mini Fisher-Price Lil' School House
Kiss-mas Greetings
Pretty Penguin
Chasing His Tail
Pint-Sized Piano
Tick Tock Twirlers

Not as good as last year's minis.

Licensed (other)
Fly On Snoopy
Sesame Street 50th
Crockett-Doodle-Do
A Holly Jolly Christmas
A Kitty for Christmas
ECTO-1
Clark's Cup of Christmas Cheer
Christopher Reeve as Superman
Ralphie Gets a Gift (it's been YEARS since I've bought one of these)

Looney Tunes stepped up their game. Very happy with the licensed ornaments overall.

Other
Bake Up Some Yum
Sew, Sew Happy (my surprise for the ornaments)
Nifty Fifties
Luck O' the Irish

Overall, a lot of nice ornaments. Pleasantly surprised with many, disappointed in a few. Disney was the most hit or miss. Many, I was excited about, then I would see these reworked sculpts and colorways, and it dampens the mood. I do not understand why the teacup was done like that. They should have put Donald and Daisy inside of it. It comes off as lazy.

Way too many premium ornaments. They bomb every year in my area.

Ouch! The BoB Heron is a December release? Better get that one on the wish list.

Everything seems really expensive to me. Not that the prices went up (only a few did), it's that they added more to the higher-end categories. All of those tabletops? Too many. None of them appeal to me except the cupcake display. The Christmas Cupcakes series will look adorable on it. I can already see the possibilities with customizing it with ribbon weaving through the cutouts. I would rather take the minis off and put them on the other Season's Treatings trees and replace them with ribbon to make it just the cupcake tree instead of competing for attention. The miniature ornaments alone make this a bargain, to be frank.

I do wish the Moose Mug was a glass premium. All of those premiums, and no one thought, "let's make the moose mug glass?" Really?

And I'm going to need Hallmark to do Christmas-themed Sesame Street ornaments instead of just plain ones. Cookie Monster could have had Christmas cookies, for instance. I also want Sesame Street Storytellers where they are caroling (think the penguins and Mickey sets). I want one of the songs to be "Keep Christmas With You."

lol at the Snow Buddies Surprise. Heck no. For the price, they should have been power cord and did a light show. Great for those that want them, but there are plenty of ornaments I would rather spend the $75 on.

Is Julie Andrews refusing for her likeness to be used? Disney Store did a cartoony Mary Poppins too, but I like their style better than this one. Disappointed.

Forky better be very redeeming in that movie and evoke some feels. To get an ornament before several other characters irks me (kind of like how the Star Wars series like to infuriate me. A Scout Trooper got an ornament BEFORE Boba Fett in that series. Let that sink in). Zurg. Where is Zurg?

#327338 - 04/01/19 10:59 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
DeniseC Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Sequim, Washington
I like some of the series that I collect. Some I will wait on until after Christmas and a few I will pass on completely.

These I will definitely buy:
Frosty Friends #40
Snow Buddies
Snowball and Tuxedo
Sleddin' Shenanigans
Pony for Christmas
Holiday Lighthouse
Cookie Cutter
Winter Fun with Snoopy
Mini Petite Penguin
Mini Frosty
Mini World Within
Mini Carousel
Forever by My Side
Mini Pretty Penguin

There are 7 I will look for after Christmas.

The most expensive ornament is the Holiday Lighthouse at $24.99. I am trying to cut back. I have decided that I don't [/b] need[b] every ornament in a series. We will see how strong my will power is grin

DeniseC

#327339 - 04/01/19 11:24 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Some series, I do dabble in (like Toymaker Santa...which is baffling to me this year. Really cute, but I don't understand the concept. As a kid, it would have been puzzling to receive a clock for Christmas).

And while I don't collect Madame Alexander, I do love that ornament and will need to get it. I never got the original Madame Alexander Clara. Her bow in the back is a bit too big, but I love that the nutcracker is an ornament. And the head tilt is cute. You would think I would buy these for the toy tree. But nope. I only have a few I've found in after Christmas sales.

#327340 - 04/01/19 11:25 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
happytocollect Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: ID
If I had to pick just one, I think I would pick "Good Scout". Donald and his nephews are adorable. I hope in person they just as good or better.

I agree with Luckdragon, I was disappointed to see repeated ornaments. They do not designate them as "repaints", but in essence that is what they are. The Lion King is slightly different than the previous edition, and I do like this one better than the previous, but is it worth adding?????

I like the additional Table Top items, but I am running out of room to add anymore Table Tops.
I really like the new concept of the 4ft tree, but then not sure I can justify spending $249 on a 4ft tree.
In my opinion, I think Hallmark has over done this year for large ticket items. After all, this is a "convention year", and the additional costs of attending convention on top of the numerous large ticket items maybe a stretch.
2018, I purchased everything I wanted without trying to wait until after Christmas. I knew I would not be in town for after Christmas sales, and did not want to risk missing something. This year I maybe waiting for quite a few for sales.

#327342 - 04/01/19 03:07 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
VinceL Offline
Elf

Loc: North Carolina
Questions and Observations

I like light, sound, and motion, so the majority of ornaments that I buy are magic ornaments.

I have a few questions about some of 2019 magic ornaments.
1. The 3 Star Wars Storytellers (X-Wing, Death Star, and Darth Vader TIE fighter) that were offered in 2017 are offered again for 2019. But, the catalog numbers for this year are different than the catalog numbers from 2017. But, the 2018 ornaments (Millennium Falcon and TIE fighter) and the 2016 Death Star tree topper are offered in 2019 with the same catalog numbers as the originals. Am I reading too much into this? Have they made changes to the original 3 ornaments?
2. I have the original Star Trek Transporter ornament from 2006. After looking at the video of the 2019 tabletop version, I don't think it is as good as the 2006 ornament. Perhaps the video doesn't do it justice. This is something I will want to see in store.
3. The Hallmark website shows a picture of the Star Galaxy Black Wreath with all of the Star Wars Storytellers on it. I think it would be great if the wreath had a (black) Keepsake Power Cord built in to it. The description doesn't mention this. Also, it doesn't look like any of the LED lights on the wreath blink. My Star Wars tree has only white LED lights on it, but some of them blink, and the tree stand rotates to give the appearance of twinkling stars.

I can't see spending $249 on the Sound-A-Light tree. You can buy a 4 foot tree and some programmable Christmas lights for a lot less than $249.

Based on the description, it doesn't sound like the Star Wars light sabers light up. Bummer.

I really like the Frosty Friends 40th Anniversary ornament. Of course, it uses a Keepsake Power cord while the other 2 Frosty Friends magic ornaments use the Magic cord. Another special cord for that tree.

The Glistening Lantern Snowman looks very good.

It appears the only ornament offered this year for the Magic Cord is the 9th Once Upon a Christmas ornament. With 2 Magic Cords daisy-chained you can get all 9 ornaments to work together.

Kringle's Toy Shop looks great. I wish they would switch ornaments that need AAA batteries to use the Keepsake Power Cord. These ornaments tend to be heavy, and the added weight of 2 or 3 AAA batteries makes them very heavy.

I'm glad to see the Peanuts tree skirt. Now our tree with Peanuts ornaments will have a matching tree skirt.

The Mischievous Kittens Surprise is disappointing to me. A repaint of the 3rd ornament in the series in 2 schemes in mystery boxes doesn't do it for me.

I'll stop for now....these are my initial questions and observations after looking through Hallmark website.

#327345 - 04/01/19 04:44 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
APAL2016 Offline

Loc: SC
Minis
1st Cozy Lil' Critter
Both Creature was Stirring
World Within
Tick Tock Twirlers
Pretty Penguin
Little Country Church
Eastern Bluebird
Poppy the Snowman
Frosty Surprise
Pepe Le Pew Kiss mas Greetings
Chasing his Tail
Classy Lil' Rocker
Pint-sized Piano
Petite Penguin

Limited's
That's Snow Sweet
1969 Chevy Camaro

Series
Snowtop Lodge
Tea Time!
Cozy Critters
All-American Trucks because is it a Jeep
Making Memories

MISC
Snow Gentleman
Nifty Fifties
Cuteness Beyond Measure
That's a Wrap
Nativity Bible
2019 Snowflake

#327346 - 04/01/19 05:02 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Moley Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Arkansas
Oh so many favorites in this year's offerings. The Heritage Ornaments are mixed in with the Keepsakes. I counted 16, may have missed one or two. My top three of the Heritage are:

The lovely Heart of Love is the same size as last year's red heart.

The Floral Onion is like three of this year's offerings in a purple, green and blues palette. It is not a traditional Christmas color scheme but in one I do love.

The Elegant Blue Egg shows off even more the rich palette of its sister onion. There is also a bluebird with a feather tail in these colors and design.

A premium Tinkerbell is tempting me in spite of its hefty $60 price. The colors and the bling, they call to me.

The book ornaments are always a delight, front and back, no less so is the Nativity Bible. I selected a back shot of the cover of the book because it reminds me so much of a childhood Bible.

Also out of childhood is a set of Tinkertoys made into a tree.

Snoopy as the Halloween Vulture is a sound, light and laughter show. Snoopy in this pose always cracks me up. He is giving Charlie Brown a good scare.

Donald and the nephews together in Good Scouts.

Poppy the Snowman goes with this year's Season's Treatings popcorn and cranberry mix. His closeup shows off his incredible detail against the perspective of how tiny he is next to that penny.

From childhood to 21 or older, I needed a drink after all that ornament gazing last night. And the drink I needed was this cute ornament coming out in December, Moscow Mule.

#327349 - 04/01/19 06:59 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: U.S.A.
Puppy Love Great Dane - too cute

Mini Margarita - going to need multiples

Noble Nutcrackers Prince of the Forest - love that his hat is a
Christmas tree

Disney Mary Poppins - Such a cute face

Mini Pretty Penguin Porcelain - looks like he's going to start
dancing any minute now

Star Wars Lightsabers - love the way they look. I'm keeping me
fingers crossed that they're 1:6 scale.

Love all the record players! I like that they're all the same
size with few exceptions:
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Disney Mickey Mouse
Fisher-Price

Unikitty - I really like this character

NHS Noble Tudor - this is my favorite series

Zootopia Flash Slothmore - they captured him perfectly

Hasbro Connect 4 - I think it's going to work well in the dollhouse

Disney Donald Duck Good Scouts - I'm with Moley, it's a 10 on
the Cute-O-Meter

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - I'm overjoyed that it's
a series

North Pole Tree Trimmers - this series makes me happy :-)

Season's Treatings - I never want this series to end

Disney Princesses tabletop - Spectacular!

Mini Bitty Beer Stein - going to need multiples

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#327351 - 04/01/19 08:33 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
The new Nutcracker series calls to me louder each time I see it. Must resist.

I'm also surprised at some of the ornaments that aren't coming out until November or December, like the Harry Potter book cover. Definitely need to pay attention to that this year, especially for those of us who gamble on which ones we need to wishlist and which ones we can buy as the season progresses.

#327352 - 04/01/19 08:37 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JAS51 Offline

I like the new Nutcracker series also. I really hate to start another series though (already have too many). Time to stop some of the series I think so I can start another one--LOL

#327353 - 04/01/19 08:47 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Alabama
I think that the ornaments look nice this year. There are so many!!!

The Beauty of Birds ornaments and the LEGO ornaments are must-haves for me.

My husband was excited to see a classic looking Aquaman, even though it is a miniature. We will be adding almost all of the Superhero ornaments to our superhero tree this year:

Christopher Reeve Superman
Invisible Jet Wonder Woman
Captain America
Iron Man
Spider-Man
Captain Marvel Mystery Box
Classic Batgirl
Batman Rocks (guitar)
Classic Batboat
LEGO Robin
Mini Aquaman
Mini Green Lantern

We won’t be adding the Thanos or the Infinity Gauntlet.

#327355 - 04/02/19 07:37 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Need to have the DreamBook in hand, but here are some favorites so far.....

- Nifty Fifties
- Noble Tudor NH&S
- Holiday Lighthouse
- Despicable Me Merry Minions
- Nativity Bible
- That's A Wrap
- Defender
- Boba Fett (helmet)
- Cozy Critters
- All Are Welcome (church)

I would have liked the Nativity Bible to have the more detail and be jumping out similar to the Dr Seuss ornament, but I still very happy with it.

#327356 - 04/02/19 07:50 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Some negatives, so far.....

- the 18.99 ornaments price, 17.99 was high enough for these.
- I like the new nutcracker series, but don't I will buy due to the $23 price.
- Not too trilled with the North Pole Tree Trimmer, this is one of my favorite series.
- Already said this in another thread, but wish they would do classic board games for the Family Game Night series.
- Wish the PD Eastman books were Dr Seuss again, Hallmark most have lost that license.
- All the Star Wars ornaments seem over priced.

Some positives to come !!!

#327357 - 04/02/19 07:55 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

A few positives so far....

- The tabletop lighthouse has a $50 price instead of the higher price for last years.
- good to see Star Wars Legos again(see my negatives for my thoughts on the price)
- Great to see another arcade game (Defender), played this in the arcades as a teenager.

Hopefully more to come !!!

#327362 - 04/02/19 08:56 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: JerseyVike]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: JerseyVike

- Already said this in another thread, but wish they would do classic board games for the Family Game Night series.

Did you see the video of Rodney Gentry talking about the ornament (I highly recommend folks watch it so you can see the actual ornament instead of the CGI version)? The game was invented in the late 60s, so it's more than 50 years old. Chutes and Ladders, by contrast, came out in 1974 (same year for Connect 4). Yeah, it's based on an older game (Snakes and Ladders), but the first time Chutes was used was in 1974. So, Hungry Hungry Hippos is older. wink

Speaking of games, did anyone figure out who won Connect 4? There are four pieces connected on the ornament.

#327364 - 04/02/19 09:17 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

Loc: The belly button of Illinois
My internet was dicey yesterday at home, at the office AND at work so I haven't had much time to gather my thoughts. Maybe tonight

#327365 - 04/02/19 09:21 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I wasn't too big on Chutes and Ladders either, but it was a board game. I will probably but the Hungry, Hungry Hippos ornament, but hope for a board game next year. Connect 4 and Barrel of Monkeys are also on my initial list.

I have the Holiday Parade ornament on my list. I still see this series as a "Holiday Deliveries" series. The tree has a "sold" sign on it. And next years is a cake from a bakery. The price for the size should be $12.99.

#327366 - 04/02/19 09:43 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

I played the video for the Batman guitar. I couldn't recall seeing the artist Rob Stanphill's name before. Seems like he did his first ornament last year (Vampirina, so that's why since I don't buy Disney Junior ornaments and wouldn't have given that one a second glance).

I'm tempted to buy the Batman guitar for my brother. How unique and fun!

Love the Christopher Reeve as Superman ornament even more since I heard the song play with it. It does kind of look like him, but it is hard to tell with that pose. I believe that one's going on my Wish List though. I'm more apt to put October ornaments on my Wish List since we get all the rewards from July. wink I didn't even realize until yesterday that I have $25 in rewards built up! Yay!

#327367 - 04/02/19 10:03 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Good to see the unofficial guitar series has a Christmas song again. Thought last years Freebird was a little strange. I'm also thinking of getting the Batman guitar. It's a little strange too, but I love the theme song.

#327368 - 04/02/19 10:15 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Yeah, I skipped the guitar last year. I didn't understand the choice. Beautiful ornament, so it's a shame. I don't know if I'll continue the guitars this year or not since I have all of them but Freebird, and there are a lot I want.

#327369 - 04/02/19 10:24 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I did get the Freebird guitar, only for it's appearance. I like the song, but not for that ornament.

#327379 - 04/02/19 03:16 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JamieG Offline
Elf

Loc: Chamblee, Georgia
Originally Posted By: luckdragon

Did you see the video of Rodney Gentry talking about the ornament (I highly recommend folks watch it so you can see the actual ornament instead of the CGI version)? The game was invented in the late 60s, so it's more than 50 years old. Chutes and Ladders, by contrast, came out in 1974 (same year for Connect 4). Yeah, it's based on an older game (Snakes and Ladders), but the first time Chutes was used was in 1974. So, Hungry Hungry Hippos is older. wink

Speaking of games, did anyone figure out who won Connect 4? There are four pieces connected on the ornament.

Milton Bradley first used the Chutes and Ladders name in 1943.

#327380 - 04/02/19 04:06 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Vixen Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
On spring break in a dreary, cooler than typical South Padre Island, TX...thankful for the reveal of the 2019 ornament line to provide some much-needed, personal sunshine:)

My favorite ornament of the 2019 line...the Belle of the ball....Beauty and the Beast Bonjour!
Love, love the dynamic pose capturing Belle's essence and so pleased that Hallmark has decided on a wardrobe change... hanging the gold gown in the armoire-for a time.

Some other favs:
Hasbro Barrel of Monkeys = Barrel of Smiles:):):) Love it!

Next Stop: Adventure Globe Travel
Folks, this is your captain...welcome to your memories.
Perfect topper for my smaller, travel, souvenir tree

Mickey and Minnie Fireside Friends
I <3 couples ornaments! Minnie's sweet,loving gaze is adorable! Sigh:) Fireside memories warm my heart.

Moscow Mule
Hey, Bartender-can I get 2?!
Love the heart-shaped lime detail, perfect holiday sentiment

Noble Nutcrackers Prince of the Forest
I'm nutty for nutcrackers so I will be excited to see what's in store for this series.

North Pole Tree Trimmers
I adore these busy elves. This guy on bow-making detail is one of my favorites of the series.

Frosty Friends 2019
The flight school concept makes me happy. Friends see no limitations in one another; faith in friendship. What a cute sculpt. Probably one of my top 5 favorites of the series.

Frosty the Snowman 50th anniversary
I will be delighted to own this dual-character ornament featuring Frosty and his antagonist. I'd love to see more ornaments showcasing villains, nemeses and foes.

NHL Chicago Blackhawks
Glad to have a hockey ornament option that isn't a puck, helmet or skates. Go Hawks!

Biggest disappointment: Since Hallmark is in the mood for re-issues, repaints etc., I was hoping for the re-issue of NLCV Cousin Eddie's RV for the film's anniversary. I contacted Hallmark with my suggestion a few years ago. This is the ornament that started my interest in Hallmark collecting 10 years ago, and I still do not own it. Ugh. Not unlike Clark, I had high hopes of this being the year...only to be let down. Heavy sigh.

#327381 - 04/02/19 05:10 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Moley Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Arkansas
Vixen, I enjoyed your descriptions. I love Mickey and Minnie Fireside Friends, too. It was the toasted marshmallows that got me. Not as poetic a reason as yours, to be sure. smile

#327382 - 04/02/19 08:24 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: Vixen]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Vixen

Biggest disappointment: Since Hallmark is in the mood for re-issues, repaints etc., I was hoping for the re-issue of NLCV Cousin Eddie's RV for the film's anniversary. I contacted Hallmark with my suggestion a few years ago. This is the ornament that started my interest in Hallmark collecting 10 years ago, and I still do not own it. Ugh. Not unlike Clark, I had high hopes of this being the year...only to be let down. Heavy sigh.

I have been hoping for a Moose Mug for years since I hated the fake voices on the original ornament and didn't buy it due to that. I like that it gets represented twice this year. I'm not sure why they haven't repeated the RV. Not a literal repeat, but something. Have they ever used Cousin Eddie's voice since the first ornament? Maybe that's the reason? That could be the reason why the Moose Mug had fake voices...

#327383 - 04/02/19 08:29 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
goldcrownfan Offline

Favorites:

mini penguin in the teacup

mini white 1966 Mustang

cat photo ornament - I love the picture of the cat. I will leave the picture as is. smile

North Pole Tree Trimmers elf with the red bow - my new favorite of this series

Tudor House

mini Nemo and Dory

#327385 - 04/03/19 08:28 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: Moley]
Vixen Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Originally Posted By: Moley
Vixen, I enjoyed your descriptions. I love Mickey and Minnie Fireside Friends, too. It was the toasted marshmallows that got me. Not as poetic a reason as yours, to be sure. smile

Thanks, Moley! I didn't even notice the marshmallow-I had to go back and take a look--what a sharp eye you have! Love discovering new details even though I've looked through the ornaments several times already:)

#327386 - 04/03/19 10:12 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
happytocollect Offline

Loc: ID
I also like the Puppy Love this year. It reminds me of the Disney movie, “The Ugly Dachshund”. The Great Danes name in the movie is Brutus. I love all dogs but especially dachshunds, so the movie is dear to me. I love how the big Great Dane puppy is so big he fills up the little bed.

#327387 - 04/03/19 10:34 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Are the Mickey & Minnie in the teacup and the Toy Story Woody ornaments redo's? They look like the one's I have from prior years.

#327388 - 04/03/19 10:44 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: JerseyVike]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Need to have the DreamBook in hand, but here are some favorites so far.....

- Nifty Fifties
- Noble Tudor NH&S
- Holiday Lighthouse
- Despicable Me Merry Minions
- Nativity Bible
- That's A Wrap
- Defender
- Boba Fett (helmet)
- Cozy Critters
- All Are Welcome (church)

Here are a few more I like:

- Bonjour! B&TB
- Star Trek Transporter tabletop
- God's Love Banner
- Fire Brigade - 1958 Dodge
- Rockin' Guitar
- P.D. Eastman - The Best Nest
- R2D2 Lego
- C-3PO Lego
- Mischievous Kitten Surprise
- Reindeer North Pole Pilsner

#327390 - 04/03/19 12:36 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Kiz Offline
Elf in Training

Loc: Olathe, KS
After reading everyone's favorites, I thought I would add some of my favorites and some I haven't seen mentioned:

I've only been collecting for a few years but I think it's already too much for my husband.

I love the birds. I was really excited to see the Blue Heron...my favorite. I could watch them for hours.

I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan but I'm struggling with the Tree Topper and 3 kids that goes with it. So expensive. I've started getting out the Harry Potter ornaments for Halloween and then putting them away during Christmas. This way I have more room for my Christmas stuff. I think the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes looks cute. And I like that the 2nd book came out as well. Last year bought the Sniffler from Magical Beasts and I'm surprised there is nothing from the series this year. Maybe it didn't sell well!?!

I think Ken Crow hit another homerun with Kringle's toy Shop. I buy two of these each year and give one to my sister-in-law.

I really like the Monster Mash Collection too. I can't wait to put it out.

I love ALL things Disney and there is a lot to love this year. The Bing Bong one is so cute. And the Tink's Christmas Kiss is adorable. I will be buying many Disney Ornaments and some I get 2 of because I gift them to my niece and nephews and Step-Daughter each year.

My favorite and probably what caught my attention first years ago are the ornaments for The Year Without a Santa Claus. The Snow Miser Chorus is awesome. I always have to buy two of those because my Step-Daughter is already trying to claim some for when she moves out.

And finally I am curious about the Whimsical Ornament Display tree. I wonder what the height will be. I could put a few of the birds on it and display all year.

Have a Magical Day! Kiz

#327391 - 04/03/19 01:29 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
kmitch Offline

Loc: Conway, AR, USA
JerseyVike,
Yes, the Mickey and Minnie in the teacup is a repeat, just a different color. Toy Story woody looks the same.

#327393 - 04/03/19 03:12 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

They added a few videos. The Sesame Street one with Big Bird is playing the authentic song, so that's a must for me.

The Star Wars wreath is a cute idea, but I don't like wreaths that require electricity. My wreaths are all battery-powered so I don't have to worry about cords. I'll stick with the tree for my Storytellers.

The FP Music Box Record Player is great! You move the little arm over and everything. I remember that toy. You flipped the records over for the different songs. It played more songs than the ornament, but that's okay.

The Lion King one is great. Timon seems a bit dark, but their expressions are perfect. I don't have the 1990s one, so I'll gladly take this one. Plus, it's another Disney song I don't have on my tree!

Defender is great too. I still want to see a Disney ornament like this but have it be the Fix-It Felix Jr. game from "Wreck-It Ralph." That would be EPIC!

#327394 - 04/03/19 03:14 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Heidi Offline

Loc: SC
I have enjoyed everyone's comments. I agree with many of them. However, the one I realy love is the Sparkling Poinsettia. I love this kind of ornament on the tree. They really catch the light from the tree lights. It is kind of like jewelry for the tree.

#327396 - 04/03/19 04:07 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: kmitch]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: kmitch
JerseyVike,
Yes, the Mickey and Minnie in the teacup is a repeat, just a different color. Toy Story woody looks the same.

Thanks!!! Didn't think to compare the colors. Will be better once we get the DreamBook in hand.

#327405 - 04/04/19 12:11 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Defender is great too. I still want to see a Disney ornament like this but have it be the Fix-It Felix Jr. game from "Wreck-It Ralph." That would be EPIC!

I would buy this in a heartbeat!

#327434 - 04/06/19 09:27 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
Just thought I'd add my two cents or three or four (one more and you'd get a nickel):

Only 5 must buys for me and a few maybes.

As for just general reactions, and I like many will get a better sense of the ornaments once I have the Dreambook to peruse rather then scolling through pages.

The Sesame Street Big Bird - Great concept. However I have other Sesame Street ornaments (miniatures) so I'll stick with those.

The "regular" Frosty Friends - Cute concept

The Holiday Parade - When I discovered it was going to be a series of trucks I though, meh ... but the snowman driver makes it more interesting.

Iron Man - Made of metal. Clever.

The NCC-1701 Motion Picture Enterprise - Originally I was going to skip this as I have 2005 NCC-1701-A. I knew from having read an interview, that Lynn Norton was never satisfied with the "A" as the saucer section and warp nacelle pylons had to be made thicker to accommodate wiring. On this one though the proportions are much better. Fiber optics? Still a maybe; perhaps I'll take the risk of missing out and make it an after Christmas purchase.

Love the Christopher Reeve as Superman ornament even more since I heard the song play with it. It does kind of look like him, but it is hard to tell with that pose.

This one's a maybe. I'm sort of disappointed in it. I'll have to see it in person. I was hoping for something more "figural" like the Captain America, Iron Man and Batgirl. This seems more like the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman (from three years ago?). What's with the base? Broken rocks? It should be crystalline looking. It should have looked more like this:

Better pose and base.
Also I'm not sure were the music is from based the orchestration. It's not "Superman the Movie" or "Superman IV". It maybe "Superman II" or some other recording that may have been cheaper to get. I'm thinking the latter is more likely.

The Tribble - extraterrestrial life form or Donald Trump's hair?

I hadn't realized that the Green Lantern and Aquaman are miniatures. As I am superhero fan and more of a DC person (having been raised on The Superfriends, Batman '66, Christoper Reeve and George Reeves's Superman, and Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman) these are maybes. I don't want my main tree to be littered with superheros but my miniature tree already has Superman, Batman and Robin, Catwoman and lasts year's Flash gracing it so why not form the Justice League?

Madam Alexander - Like many of you - what's with Clara again? Especially since I don't see this as an improvement on the previous one. If it had been "improved" then I get it (see my comments on the Enterprise NCC-1701 above).

The Wizard of Oz-For the 80th Anniversary, I'm underwhelmed. That being said, if I did not have the Ornament Club Wizard from 1996 then I'b be excited for this ornament. For those who don't have the older ornament this gives them a change to have the eponymous wonderful guy.
As for "The Merry Old Land of Oz" it does nothing for me.

Edited by Qui-gon Grin (04/07/19 11:21 AM)

#327740 - 04/14/19 03:02 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

#327748 - 04/14/19 05:53 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Does Jim Shore do an Arrow/Green Arrow or other Justice League superhero?

#327752 - 04/14/19 07:40 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
I didn't know that Jim Shore did anything with the "quilt work" pattern on it somewhere.

#327753 - 04/14/19 07:44 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: JerseyVike]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Does Jim Shore do an Arrow/Green Arrow or other Justice League superhero?

Maybe in the future. They just started doing DC Comics in January.

#327923 - 05/03/19 08:05 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
I finally got a chance to look over the dreambook and see what I want to buy this year. Besides my usual series ornaments (Frosty Friends, Snowtop Lodge, Season's Treatings, Barbie, Snoopy), the not-my-usual-purchase ornaments that caught my eye are the Wonder Woman invisible plane and Batgirl, more from nostalgia than anything else. I remember watching Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman when I was a kid and Batgirl on the original Adam West Batman series. Don't know if I'll buy either since they don't go with my other ornaments but definitely felt the tug of nostalgia with these 2.

I've been out of it with ornaments for the last couple of years and even skipped premiere and after-Christmas shopping last year but I hope to be settled in my "forever home" by this summer and to do up Christmas properly again this year. I'll have more room to deck out more trees. I might finally be able to display all of my Christmas ornaments and decorations this year.

#327931 - 05/04/19 09:34 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: homemadebycarol]
sparkle Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Oregon
Carol,

Great to have you back! Enjoy your new home!

Carol

#327991 - 05/05/19 08:02 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: sparkle]
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: sparkle
Carol,

Great to have you back! Enjoy your new home!

Carol

Thanks! I'm feeling a little out of it with ornament stuff so I have some catching up to do. Hadn't expected to move last year, particularly to another state, but it worked out well. My new hometown only has 1 Hallmark for miles around but it's a corporate store so hopefully it'll be staying open for awhile.

My new corp store takes wish lists but they don't let you preorder limiteds so I don't think I'll bother with a wish list. Still trying to narrow down my choices for July. I'm dismayed by how expensive most of the line is. Even at half off, I don't think I'd spend that much except for the ones I really, really want.

Speaking of favorites, another one that caught my eye on the second pass of the dreambook was One Smart Cookie with Minnie Mouse holding a Mickey cookie. I don't usually buy Minnie ornaments but this one is cute.

#327995 - 05/05/19 09:45 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: homemadebycarol]
Claudia Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Southlake,Texas USA

Carol, congratulations on purchasing your "forever home." Hope you post pictures of your Christmas decorations.

#328018 - 05/06/19 11:35 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Emma Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Northern Ca.
Hi Carol, Where did you move too?

#328047 - 05/08/19 01:59 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: Emma]
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Emma
Hi Carol, Where did you move too?

I moved to Reno, NV a few months ago. Although I'm still working for my company in the Bay Area. I tried to fully retire and leave last month but my CFO talked me into staying another 6 months, working part-time so I still commute back to the Bay Area a couple of times a month.But at least it'll be 30 hours a week, not 60-70 which was the minimum of what I had been doing.

#328081 - 05/10/19 11:32 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Santa Girl Offline
Elf VP

Loc: San Diego, CA
Carol it is so wonderful to see you post again. Hope you are enjoying your new home and hometown.

Renee’

#328093 - 05/11/19 10:22 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
Emma Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Northern Ca.
How do you like Reno? A change in weather for sure. My daughter lives in Carson City. She likes it there. Are you from Reno? You look soooo young to be retiring? I'm glad to see you back on this site. I always loved seeing your pictures. I bet you will have sooo much fun decorating this year.

#328126 - 05/16/19 06:57 PM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: luckdragon]
beaglebabes Online   happy
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Elf VP

Loc: WI
I like the tape dispenser reindeer that Tom Best did. It is just a different kind of ornament, than the usual.

#328130 - 05/17/19 07:18 AM Re: Favorites? Who has favorites yet? [Re: beaglebabes]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: beaglebabes
I like the tape dispenser reindeer that Tom Best did. It is just a different kind of ornament, than the usual.

This one is in my top ten for this year. We'll have to wait till November to get the "That's a Wrap" ornament.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Moderator