YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (Moley, MarieChristmas), 65 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1514 Members
15 Forums
25845 Topics
320118 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#327770 - 04/16/19 12:18 AM Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info.
Goalie Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Some Premiere and Debut offers are listed on this site..

Offers etc.

Also on this site are some catalogs for 2019 if you wish to peruse..

Catalogs

~Goalie

#327771 - 04/16/19 02:01 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
Moley Online   content
Elf VP

Loc: Arkansas
They were a good resource last year, too. It is nice to know things like what is free if you purchase 5 minis so you can have the 5 minis ready to go on your wish list. Last year that offer sold out quickly and customers did not get the free set of glass minis. Having it on a wish list might avoid that this year. Thanks for the link!

#327772 - 04/16/19 02:57 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
Wow, I just checked and I ordered 11 mini ornaments. Last year our store here had quite a few of the glass minis. I wonder what they will have this year.

#327774 - 04/16/19 07:58 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Great to see the Grinch is back(there is a joke in there somewhere). Which means Hallmark has the Dr Seuss license again.

#327779 - 04/16/19 10:38 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
luckdragon Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Greensboro, NC
I KNEW those minis were going to be free again! I had already put them on my wish list in anticipation. Last year, nearly every store ran out and online did too.

Upped the anti with 5 minis to get it, but I think I have more than five, so I'm good to go. Kind of wish they did different colors. Maybe blue instead of red and silver instead of gold. They're a bit boring this year since they didn't change the colors. Like how last year the heart shape had a red version and a gold version. I like the star shape and the oval one makes me think they should do a pinecone next year if they do this again.

No more free power cords. That's okay. Got enough from the past two years. wink

I actually prefer the Debut bag. It has a simpler look, but reusable totes like that are not very good for the environment. I was reading an article last week about how banning plastic bags is causing more problems than keeping them. Reusable totes have a larger carbon footprint due to what goes into making them plus washing them (if people even bother). Paper bags are also worse for the environment due to their materials and how they're made. Plastic trash bag sales go up quite a lot when you ban plastic bags (I guess I'm not alone in using them as trash liners and doggie bags for walks). You can read about it here along with other numerous articles: https://greenliving.lovetoknow.com/Why_Should_We_Not_Ban_Plastic_Bags

I can personally attest to the fact that these "environmentally friendly" bags tend to be shipped inside plastic bags themselves. Some are individually wrapped in plastic. It's just a gimmick. The only place I remember to actually take them in is Aldi. Most places, it feels like a hassle. When I worked in retail, it was very rare to see people have reusable bags, but we sold them a lot. Know what the number one reason we sold them was? People bought them to use as gift bags since they were cheaper in price and were of a nicer material. Some folks would get mad if I tried to use their totes for their purchases, insisting that the totes needed to go inside the plastic bags.

Nailed the guess that the soldier was the December discounted one due to its item number and release date. He's kind of cute. I like that he works with last year's ornament and hope we get an elf or Santa next year to keep the tinsel-decorated Christmas character theme going.

#327782 - 04/16/19 07:50 PM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

So if we pickup a DreamBook by the 28th we get a $5 coupon and if we drop off our wishlist by 5/5 we get a free old Hallmark ornament.

I may get the December soldier ornament.

#327784 - 04/16/19 09:29 PM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: JerseyVike]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
So if we pickup a DreamBook by the 28th we get a $5 coupon and if we drop off our wishlist by 5/5 we get a free old Hallmark ornament.

I may get the December soldier ornament.

That's what that store is doing and not a Hallmark-wide promotion. Last year they posted that they would sell you a new membership for $10 if you spent $250 at Premiere, trying to win one of those special events in December. They were eliminated from that competition when Hallmark learned of their special promotion. You may also notice how they sell their limited ornaments which isn't a Hallmark policy either.

#327786 - 04/17/19 12:36 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Interesting that we can get reusable bags at both premier and debut. Might be a reason to head into my store in July before my mud run. (I'm in an early afternoon wave, so I can do both that day. As long as I don't look at any ornaments.)

And I really need to get my wishlist in.

#327788 - 04/17/19 07:44 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I guess no pins this year, but more bags.

#327789 - 04/17/19 07:47 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS

That's what that store is doing and not a Hallmark-wide promotion.

Thank you for pointing that out. I thought those where Hallmark site offers.

#327791 - 04/17/19 08:51 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: JerseyVike]
lindafay Offline
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Duncan, OK USA

There's a Frosty pin.

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/?&start=360

Linda

#327792 - 04/17/19 09:55 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: JerseyVike]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS

That's what that store is doing and not a Hallmark-wide promotion.

Thank you for pointing that out. I thought those where Hallmark site offers.

Some of those offers are Hallmark but the one with the free ornament is from that store only.

Originally Posted By: lindafay

There's a Frosty pin.

Linda

That pin isn't like the free ones last year which is what I think he was referring to.

#327802 - 04/17/19 06:45 PM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: lindafay]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: lindafay

There's a Frosty pin.

Linda

But no free pins with purchase at Premiere or Debut.

#327836 - 04/19/19 09:55 PM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: JerseyVike]
hazelstovey Offline
Elf

Loc: Bellevue, Ohio
Yep, reminds me of the '04 "Rudolph & Santa" vs. the '12 "Won't You Guide My Sleigh". A least then there was a change of name for the ornament plus one lit up while the other did not. Doesn't look like that's the case this time. Maybe the song will be a different rendition...

Glad the Dr Seuss license seems to be back though!

#327911 - 04/30/19 02:50 PM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: Goalie

Catalogs

~Goalie

Goalie, thanks for posting links to the 2019 catalogs!!! Iím finding some good stuff in them. Now I just hope my stores carry the things I want.

Must-have Seuss ornaments for my book theme tree:

Cat In The Hat Book (Enesco p199)

Cat In The Hat holding book (Enesco p199)

Grinch Cindy Lou and Max Book (Enesco p196)

Grinch holding book (Enesco p197)

Must-have Jim Shore ornaments for my husbandís superhero tree: (Jim Shore catalog, p96)

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Aquaman

Green Lantern

Flash

#327913 - 05/01/19 02:55 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
Moley Online   content
Elf VP

Loc: Arkansas
Good finds in those catalogs. I especially like the Seuss book themes.

#327914 - 05/01/19 07:30 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
APAL2016 Offline

Loc: SC
This year 10 "Button" pins will be in your registration bag if you are going to the event

#327916 - 05/01/19 12:11 PM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: APAL2016]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
Originally Posted By: APAL2016
This year 10 "Button" pins will be in your registration bag if you are going to the event

The KOC website mentions 10 event buttons. IMHO, one has to attend each of ten "events" during the three days of the convention to get the buttons, like last KOC convention in 2017.

#327921 - 05/03/19 07:01 AM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: Goalie
Some Premiere and Debut offers are listed on this site..

Offers etc.

Catalogs

~Goalie

Thanks for the links. This is great information to have. Loved looking
through the catalogs!

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#327922 - 05/03/19 04:28 PM Re: Some Premiere, Debut Offers and Other Info. [Re: Goalie]
thsrocks Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY
Thanks for sharing. Great information.

Moderator:  Moderator