YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (lindafay, MarieChristmas), 141 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Forum Stats
1524 Members
15 Forums
25989 Topics
321515 Posts

Max Online: 395 @ 11/04/19 09:36 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#327858 - 04/23/19 12:54 PM 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread
oddsbodkins Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Figured we should start this thread so folks can share info about when these go up for sale online. I assume nothing has been mentioned yet? I really want that McQuarrie 3P0/R2 ornament!

Edited by oddsbodkins (04/23/19 12:55 PM)

#327859 - 04/23/19 02:03 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
Moley Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Arkansas
I would love it, too. This is just my own speculation but I loves to speculate: the KOC Dream Book, p. 105 has convention exclusives listed. In the past, those exclusives listed have been on the market for KOC members only. They would go on sale only if they did not sell out at their conventions. That set is only listed for one event and there are 3000. That gives me hope that we may see them at the KOC sale whenever that is this year. I have zero hopes the pictured Dognapper will be available at a limited production of 900. But I can dream on that one. I will be stalking the sale at the midnight hour. Last year they went on sale a few minutes before midnight. None of them sold out right away so my midnight stalking was just for fun not for necessity.

Keep your fingers crossed, oddsbodkins. We may get lucky.

#327861 - 04/23/19 03:00 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I'm not interested in the Celebrations McQuarrie 3P0/R2 ornament, but I really like the Comic Con Star Wars ornament with the Ewoks. I think it will really go well with this years Wild Ride on Endor ornament.

#327871 - 04/25/19 12:04 AM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
robster Offline

Still not exclusives. Yep,I will say this over and over again,lol! Event or convention items is as far they can go with this,as an exclusive is an entirely different thing.

By the way,since I don't have a Dreambook,are there two or three event items this year? There's always a SW one,what are the others? There was talk at last years Comic-Con,that they might go back to only doing two instead of three. Are there any pics of the event items?

#327872 - 04/25/19 02:12 AM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: robster]
Moley Offline
Elf VP

I tried to get a photo of the page in our Keepsake Ornament Club Dream Book. I omitted the header, "Fan convention exclusives," but there it is again. I hope you can see what is being offered as to where and how much per ornament. If you open the image in a new tab you can see a larger picture of it.

#327880 - 04/25/19 04:39 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
Thanks Moley for posting the photo, I had not seen it before. The Ewok is something I'm defiantly interested in. I think it's more interesting then the regular edition.

Edited by Qui-gon Grin (04/25/19 04:41 PM)

#327882 - 04/25/19 05:34 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
Moley Offline
Elf VP

My curiosity on the Ewok is the sound clip. Will it be the same as the regular line Wild Ride on Endor or have an identifiable Ewok talk along with the speeder bike sounds? If it is different, that makes the convention version even more attractive.

#327884 - 04/25/19 07:23 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: Moley]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: Moley
My curiosity on the Ewok is the sound clip. Will it be the same as the regular line Wild Ride on Endor or have an identifiable Ewok talk along with the speeder bike sounds? If it is different, that makes the convention version even more attractive.

I would hazard to guess the sound would be some combination of this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoCVXIpiH5w

#327885 - 04/25/19 09:59 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
robster Offline

Thanks for posting a pic of the page! Thought it only listed them without pics. And for ONCE I want all three convention items myself as well! My three main interests,lol! Last year I only got the Star Trek one for myself,and previous years I've bought mainly for others,only getting two or three for myself. Comic Book Guy from Simpsons and the Kelvin from Star Trek come to mind. And very rarely are they magic,so two of three is really great! Looking forward to picking these up. And thanks again for the pic!

#327886 - 04/25/19 10:54 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
Moley Offline
Elf VP

You are most welcome. Glad you could get some idea of what they were before convention time arrived.

Qui-Gon, great You Tube of the scene. If I closed my eyes I could not tell if that was an Ewok holding on or Tickle Me Elmo.

Edited by Moley (04/25/19 10:57 PM)

#327888 - 04/26/19 11:58 AM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: Moley]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: Moley
You are most welcome. Glad you could get some idea of what they were before convention time arrived.

Qui-Gon, great You Tube of the scene. If I closed my eyes I could not tell if that was an Ewok holding on or Tickle Me Elmo.

#327898 - 04/27/19 06:57 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
robster Offline

I'm hoping for some hi res pics of the event items. Looks like Hallmark borrowed Disney's sketchbook ornament mould for that Spidey! It's the exact one from Disney last year,with a better paint job and those extra arms on his back,lol!

And Diana,if you're reading this,pm me your current email address so I can give you a shipping address for my ornaments. Hope you still have them,lol!

J-R!

#327900 - 04/28/19 10:58 AM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
Are the ornaments only sold at the San Diego ComicCon or are they also sold at other ComicCons around the country?

#327902 - 04/28/19 01:12 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: debbieg]
thsrocks Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY
Originally Posted By: debbieg
Are the ornaments only sold at the San Diego ComicCon or are they also sold at other ComicCons around the country?
They are available at sites listed. Recently, if any remain, Hallmark will allow KOC members to purchase online the Monday after NYCC ends.

#327904 - 04/28/19 02:02 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
digitalDREAMBOOK Offline

The Comic Con ornaments will be sold at International Comic-Con in San Diego, New York Comic Con and possibly through the KOC. The U.S.S. Enterprise will also be available at The Official Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas. The Grey scale Dognapper Mickey will only be available at D-23 Expo and the Shoe-sational! Barbie ornament will only be available at the National Barbie Doll Collectors Convention in Kansas City.

#327907 - 04/28/19 03:48 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
Thanks thsrocks and digital DREAMBOOOK

#327909 - 04/28/19 11:51 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
robster Offline

The info is also under the pics. Except for the KOC thing. They're fairly easy to get if you attend Comic-Con.....which is what we call it,lol.....or NYCC. Never been to any of the Trek cons in Vegas as there's just too much of one thing,and my attention span doesn't cope well with that,lol! Yep,still need the variety of Comic-Con and NYCC.

I still have some of the stuff from last years cons that I bought for someone on these boards,and hopefully she'll see this and let me know if she still wants them.

I'm looking forward to these three but haven't decided yet if I'll get all three. I'll probably regret it if I don't,just like I have in the past. Especially the first time Hallmark had a booth at NYCC and had a glow in the dark Trek ship,and I could've just bought ten or fifteen of them at the time! And seeing what kinda ridiculously stupid prices they went for afterwards,I really regretted not getting any extras. Oh well,lol!

It does take time getting them though. You line up and you only get one of each item every time it's your turn to buy. So I've sometimes spent more than two hours just in the Hallmark line to get items for others,since you can line up as many times as you want to try and get multiples,or till they sell out. Which of course was something I should've considered more carefully,since it affected other items I might've been after and lining up to try and get,lol! Luckily,I still end up with what I want,so no biggie. It's just when you don't have all day to stand in line,it kinda gets you in this mad rush to do the rest of the con. Last few years I've ended up not even getting through half the vendors and the rest of the con,lol! Still fun though,and always great to see my vendor friends again. 21 years since I started doing Comic-Con. Feels like it was four years ago,lol!

#327930 - 05/04/19 04:33 AM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
hazelstovey Offline
Elf

Loc: Bellevue, Ohio
I have an update from an acquaintance who works at a Hallmark store. They received an email from Hallmark confirming all three Comic-Con ornaments will be available to KOC members: A Wild Ride on Endor (Star Wars), I.S.S. Enterprise (Star Trek) and Iron Spider (Spider Man). They’ll be offered online October 7th, the Monday after NY Comic Con. And as in previous years, exclusives for Star Wars Celebration (Droids), National Barbie Doll Collectors Convention (Shoe) and Disney D23 Expo (Dognapper) can only be purchased at those events.

#327935 - 05/04/19 07:49 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
oddsbodkins Offline

Too bad about the Droids not being available but I'm hearing the quality on those isn't the best. At least ebay sales haven't been too egregious on those so I'll probably end up paying one of those stinking flippers frown

#329094 - 07/17/19 02:02 PM Re: 2019 Celebration/ComicCon Ornament Info Thread [Re: oddsbodkins]
erika20_98 Offline
YuleLoggers Club Treasurer
Elf VP

Loc: Idaho
Does anyone know if the D23 Expo - Dognapper ornament is the same as the 1 offered for the KOC convention this year? Or is there a "difference" between the 2?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Moderator