YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (MrsChristmasTree), 77 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Forum Stats
1524 Members
15 Forums
25989 Topics
321510 Posts

Max Online: 395 @ 11/04/19 09:36 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#328048 - 05/08/19 08:32 PM Wish Lists and Preorder Forms
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
I've been slow to get these posted. It's been a busy time at my house since I broke one bone in my left foot in January, another one in April, and an 18 year-old twit rear-ended my car that I've had for 7 months in March. Dealing with two insurance companies at once is almost as bad as dealing with an excuse for an insurance company and the healthcare marketplace at the same time (been there, done that, don't want a T-shirt).

Here's a link to a document on Dropbox where you can find PDF files of my Wish List and the preorder forms I created for the KOC exclusives that will be available in the stores and the limiteds. This document is also a PDF.

PDF Files of Wish List and Preorder Forms

This link will take you to a Word document where you can find Excel versions of the files listed above.

Word Document with Links to Excel Files

If you've never seen my forms, I make them so you can read them without going crazy/blind and all of the ornaments on two pages in the Dream Book are all on the same page. The Wish List matches the store version of the Wish List.

I've also created a crosswalk to help you find things in either version of the Dream Book. Here's the link to the PDF version:

PDF Version of the Crosswalk Document

Want the crosswalk in Excel? Here's the link:

Crosswalk in Excel

I made this one using multiple tabs because Dropbox doesn't do well with Excel files that take up more than one page on a tab. I think Dropbox is possessed like my laptop is sometimes but I can't prove it.

I have also posted my version of the purchase planner that you can use to plan what you want to buy and when. The first tab matches the Wish List, and the second tab is things that aren't in the Dream Book. I put as many things in there as I could that I knew about and left room for some others. If you put the discount you get in the box at the top of the page Excel will apply that discount to all of the ornaments on the page. When you enter a quantity it will compute the total price for that ornament and also for the whole page. I didn't make it total both pages together. I formatted this so that if you print it after you enter the information no pair of pages in the Dream Book appears on more than one page, so if you print it you'll want to check it out before you send it to the printer. Notice I mentioned printing after you enter the information. If you print it before you enter anything Excel can't do the voodoo for you. I sometimes enter things in the columns to the right about whether I'm putting it on my after Christmas list or who I told to put it on my Christmas list.

Purchase Planner

Next up on my to-do list: artist list updates.

I've been in touch with Sean Ray about the Yulelog update. I've sent him much of the information he needs and I am working on some more. He doesn't know yet if he'll be at the event; if he is he'll be selling his program out of a hotel room since there's no secondary market area.

#328086 - 05/11/19 02:38 PM Re: Wish Lists and Preorder Forms [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
sparkle Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Oregon
Nancy,

I wait for these every year! They are invaluable to me for planning!!
A million thank yous to you, for time, effort and willingness to share!

Carol

#328151 - 05/22/19 09:09 AM Re: Wish Lists and Preorder Forms [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
Hallmark-Vicki Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Culloden, WV
Nancy, Thanks so much for these forms. I really appreciate the time you put in these and they are so helpful. They were worth the wait.

Vicki

#328177 - 05/28/19 10:27 AM Re: Wish Lists and Preorder Forms [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
Thanks Nancy! Your lists are so much easier to read than Hallmark's. I wish they would print them BIGGER.

#328180 - 05/28/19 11:47 PM Re: Wish Lists and Preorder Forms [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
Dr. Redbird Offline
Elf

Thank you, Nancy. So sorry about the broken bones in your feet (and the accident). Had something similar happen so know that walking around in a boot on one foot or the other is a real pain. Be careful.

#328181 - 05/28/19 11:56 PM Re: Wish Lists and Preorder Forms [Re: Dr. Redbird]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Dr. Redbird
Thank you, Nancy. So sorry about the broken bones in your feet (and the accident). Had something similar happen so know that walking around in a boot on one foot or the other is a real pain. Be careful.

Thanks for the kind words about my boot. After I wore it for a month and managed to break another bone when I didn't have it on, my podiatrist ordered a bone generating stimulator for me. I've used it for almost two weeks now, and I'm hoping that the things I'm feeling mean that my bones are finally healing. I had a bone density test done so I know I am making bone. In a couple of weeks I'll know if this is working. This company's product has a 92% success rate, and a patient of my doctor's wore a stimulator for a month. At that time the four broken bones in her foot had healed so well you couldn't tell she'd had broken bones. The insurance company only took 9 of their 14 calendar days to decide to pay for part of this device, and if they didn't answer in 14 days I was ready to contact my state insurance commissioner's office for help. They helped me when I had problems 4 years ago. I try to have a plan for my next step ready to go so my quiver is rarely empty of arrows. I don't play to lose.

#328276 - 06/02/19 10:18 PM Re: Wish Lists and Preorder Forms [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
thanks Nancy.

I love your lists.

#328303 - 06/03/19 07:07 PM Re: Wish Lists and Preorder Forms [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
Dr. Redbird Offline
Elf

The bone stimulator does work well, and it is a pain to get the insurance company to pay. Glad you are on the mend, Nancy. I am back in an ankle brace with peroneal tendonitis. At least it is not a broken bone.

#328895 - 07/11/19 10:27 AM Re: Wish Lists and Preorder Forms [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

Loc: The belly button of Illinois
THanks. Just printed them in preparation for the weekend!

#328897 - 07/11/19 11:29 AM Re: Wish Lists and Preorder Forms [Re: Dr. Redbird]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Dr. Redbird
The bone stimulator does work well, and it is a pain to get the insurance company to pay. Glad you are on the mend, Nancy. I am back in an ankle brace with peroneal tendonitis. At least it is not a broken bone.

My insurance company managed to get the stimulator approved fairly quickly and I made sure I knew where the process stood so if I had to go to the state insurance commissioner's office to get it done I was ready. After a month of using the stimulator the x-rays shows a lot of healing had happened. After another month more happened but it's not healed yet. I am now able to wear a shoe with a sturdy sole while I do another month of the stimulator. Not having to wear the boot is really going to help me feel better since I had a lot of left foot and leg pain while wearing it, not to mention my right leg getting messed up due to walking funny and not having my feet be the same height. And I don't have to wear the boot to the event but just get my stimulator treatments in. The stimulator is amazing!

Moderator:  Moderator