YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software
Join the YuleLoggers Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Collectors Club

Who's Online
2 registered (DeeDee in CA, digitalDREAMBOOK), 76 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Stats
1506 Members
15 Forums
25738 Topics
318875 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#328144 - 05/21/19 05:53 PM Convention Update Email
hazelstovey Offline
Elf

Loc: Bellevue, Ohio
I received a KOC Convention Update email today with some news about the "Trim Your Home" activity (some sessions will have Joanne Eschrich participating instead of Ken Crow) among other general info. It also says we'll receive regular emails and previews every few weeks now. So if you're registered for convention, be sure to check your email if you haven't yet today...

#328145 - 05/21/19 06:09 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
beaglebabes Online   happy
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Elf VP

Loc: WI
Yup, I got mine today also.

#328146 - 05/21/19 10:39 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
I liked the NO LINES.

#328147 - 05/21/19 10:41 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

Less Lines, More Fun – With your registration, you’ve reserved your spot for the artist signings and activity sessions you want. The artist signing line process has been improved. You will have an assigned place in line during your time slot. Everyone will get through in their time slot, and we’ve built in a passing period to get to your next signing with plenty of time if you’re signing back-to-back. Also building your own schedule means no waiting hours in line to participate in activity session fun. We’ll simply scan your badge and you’re in. Doors to activity session rooms will open 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.

#328148 - 05/22/19 12:19 AM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: susan in florida]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: susan in florida
Less Lines, More Fun – With your registration, you’ve reserved your spot for the artist signings and activity sessions you want. The artist signing line process has been improved. You will have an assigned place in line during your time slot. Everyone will get through in their time slot, and we’ve built in a passing period to get to your next signing with plenty of time if you’re signing back-to-back. Also building your own schedule means no waiting hours in line to participate in activity session fun. We’ll simply scan your badge and you’re in. Doors to activity session rooms will open 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.

I am glad I'm not the line monitor if they think people will agree to line up in the order of their positions. Usually there isn't much room in the lines for someone to move forward, like if you're #3 and get there after #1, #2, #5, #6, and #9. I guess we'll see! At least we won't be spending an hour in line, hoping to get in, only to find out that you thought you were behind one person only to find out that they were holding a spot for three other people who were out doing something else. I don't mind placeholders for people who can't stand for a long period of time, but for someone to be off doing something else only to arrive as the doors open isn't good behavior.

#328154 - 05/23/19 12:29 AM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
This works for the signings. Hopefully, they have a way to make that work for the event as well.

#328159 - 05/23/19 12:41 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
Elf VP

We went to a signing a few years ago where it was a numbered signing and it was the worst signing ever. Even the artist said so.

#328160 - 05/23/19 01:31 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
Elliott the Elf Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
I can see where it may become problematic. Especially with larger crowds.

#328172 - 05/27/19 10:32 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
Elf VP

Has anyone heard anything about all of the dinners for the event?

#328173 - 05/28/19 08:25 AM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
erika20_98 Offline
YuleLoggers Club Treasurer
Elf VP

Loc: Idaho
here's a little bit of information about the dinner from the email: Enhanced Evening Dinners – Friday’s Winter Wonderland buffet dinner will provide choices to please everyone’s taste buds. Saturday’s Magic of Christmas dinner will be a slightly more formal plated dinner. All meals will accommodate known dietary restrictions. If you have special dietary needs, be sure to let us know by clicking “modify your registration” on the convention website.

#328179 - 05/28/19 08:33 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
Elf VP

Yup that is what it said on the keepsake community website.

#328278 - 06/02/19 10:22 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm hoping Hallmark gives us some more information about the Thursday night local club dinner.

#328280 - 06/02/19 10:49 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: susan in florida]
Santa's Helper

I'm hoping Hallmark gives us some more information about the Thursday night local club dinner.

I posted a bunch of questions about this on the Community, and someone else had asked for answers earlier in May. She said that Hallmark said they'd provide more information by the end of the month. Once again, Hallmark prints calendars but doesn't follow them. There are a lot of people who would like to know more and for some reason that doesn't make a difference to those who should be communicating with us.

#328281 - 06/02/19 11:44 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

So true.

#328345 - 06/06/19 02:33 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
APAL2016 Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: SC
Received another update email

Looks like a couple of the free ornaments will be given out at the dinners

and they show a picture of the event pin (there will be a repaint available to purchase)

#328347 - 06/06/19 04:47 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
Santa's Helper

One thing that was discussed in the EMail is that if you buy all of the available ornaments you get a $15 giftcard. What they didn't say there, that they posted on the Community, is that the giftcard is only good that weekend and can be spent on the additional items that they're going to surprise us with or at the Amy's Hallmark in Crown Center.

They obviously don't think it's appropriate to tell us how much the surprises will cost, how big they will be, or how much they weigh. The last two points are important if you're flying since you may be forced into shipping something that you didn't plan to ship.

#328348 - 06/06/19 04:50 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

Frosty Fun Decade Repaint will be given as you enter the Winter Wonderland buffet dinner Friday evening.

Remember the Magic KOC 2019 Convention Snowflake will be given as you enter the Magic of Christmas dinner Saturday evening.

#328349 - 06/06/19 04:52 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

I HATE that EVERYONE thinks WE ALL have smart phones.

So what if you don't have one Hallmark:

A convention event app for your smartphone will be available to all attendees. We highly encourage all attendees to download and use the app for easy access to personalized schedules, convention information, a scavenger hunt game and more. To use the app, you will need to make sure you have a unique email. Don't have your own email?

#328350 - 06/06/19 04:55 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: susan in florida]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
I HATE that EVERYONE thinks WE ALL have smart phones.

So what if you don't have one Hallmark:

A convention event app for your smartphone will be available to all attendees. We highly encourage all attendees to download and use the app for easy access to personalized schedules, convention information, a scavenger hunt game and more. To use the app, you will need to make sure you have a unique email. Don't have your own email?

I'm with you Susan!

#328356 - 06/06/19 10:11 PM Re: Convention Update Email [Re: hazelstovey]
chele64 Offline
YuleLoggers Club Secretary
Elf Manager

Loc: Colorado
I have a smartphone but I don't like to have a lot of apps on it especially if you are only using it for one weekend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator