YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
1516 Members
15 Forums
25881 Topics
320535 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#328459 - 06/15/19 10:43 PM KC signing ornaments
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
I started working on the ornaments I want to take to get signed.
I sure wish I knew if we were getting the 2 ornaments from the registration bag in time to get them signed.
I'm trying to keep down the amount of items I have to bring. So far I have 5 battery covers to get signed, 8 miniature ornaments and I'm bringing the Sweet treat Cart from last year that I will use for 10 artists

#328461 - 06/16/19 06:38 AM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
Lady Vol Fan Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Huntingdon, TN, USA
Susan, how do you pack your ornaments to fly? Have you ever had any issues going thru security with them wrapped in bubble wrap.

#328462 - 06/16/19 09:54 AM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

I don't bring metal ornaments, or any water globes. The plastic ones are fine and I have never had a problem.

I wrapped them in bubble wrap and put them inside a box. I pack them in my carry on suitcase with some clothes for protection.

I have never had any problems.

Coming back from convention I will put my new event ornaments in the carry on suitcase with the signed ornaments.

I'm on Southwest so I will be bringing two big checked suitcases filled with ornaments FOR SALE.

#328479 - 06/18/19 08:18 AM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
Lady Vol Fan Offline

Susan do you use Super Shuttle from the airport to the hotel. This is my first time to fly.

#328488 - 06/18/19 03:21 PM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
We have flown Southwest quite a few times to the event. We use Super Shuttle and they are blue vans with yellow writing. The cost was around $32 last time. And you can reserve a spot. I haven't done that I just pay when I get there. And if your are ready on the return trip early and they have space, they will take you. In 17 I woke up at 4am so I was at the airport by 7:30.

#328491 - 06/18/19 04:03 PM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

YEs to SUPER SHUTTLE. IF you can get a group together 8 to 10 people it is cheaper still.

Last event 2017 we paid $ 20 round trip and that was with the TIP!!

#328514 - 06/19/19 08:50 AM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
Lady Vol Fan Offline

I will be arriving on Tuesday afternoon. Anyone else arriving on Tuesday?

#328629 - 06/29/19 05:05 PM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: Lady Vol Fan]
DeniseC Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Sequim, Washington
I am arriving on Wednesday afternoon and made my round trip shuttle reservations this afternoon. With tip included, it was just over $40.00. It is well worth the price. I hope to have my room open for room hopping Wednesday night. It all depends on my flight arrival.

DeniseC

#329385 - 08/03/19 03:00 PM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
Nancy Major Offline
Elf

Loc: Englewood, CO USA
I was looking at Santa's Sweet treat Cart. Is there room for all the artists to sign this piece? Anyone have any experience with this or perhaps already have the piece with all the signatures?

#329386 - 08/03/19 03:11 PM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
They manage to sign small so all the names can fit on the bottom.

#329387 - 08/03/19 03:36 PM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: Nancy Major]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Nancy Major
I was looking at Santa's Sweet treat Cart. Is there room for all the artists to sign this piece? Anyone have any experience with this or perhaps already have the piece with all the signatures?

I was thinking that it is a small area too. I just want it signed on the bottom not on the sides. For that reason I am only getting 10 artists to sign it. I do not want it to look messy.

#329388 - 08/03/19 03:38 PM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

I will be there Thursday.

I will have room hopping Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.

#329445 - 08/03/19 10:56 PM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: susan in florida
I will be there Thursday.

I will have room hopping Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.

Have you signed up in the Facebook group for roomhopping? We're looking forward to using that in addition to any signs to help us find the rooms where we can add to our collections and circle of friends.

#329446 - 08/03/19 11:06 PM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: susan in florida]
SamIam Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Manchester, NH
What facebook page are you referring to for room hoping?? Looking forward to seeing Yuleloggers there too!! I am bringing the color way dollhouse, the workbench, and the Mrs. Claus stove.. this will get me the most signatures with less ornaments to bring. I would bring the cart as well, but I was the lucky winner at a club meeting and won the cart with all the artists signatures on it...

#329449 - 08/04/19 01:31 AM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: SamIam]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: SamIam
What facebook page are you referring to for room hoping?? Looking forward to seeing Yuleloggers there too!! I am bringing the color way dollhouse, the workbench, and the Mrs. Claus stove.. this will get me the most signatures with less ornaments to bring. I would bring the cart as well, but I was the lucky winner at a club meeting and won the cart with all the artists signatures on it...

Look for KOCC Room Sales Info Headquarters on Facebook.

#329452 - 08/04/19 02:10 AM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Hi Nancy,
Do you have an artist list for Katrina Bricker AKA Katrina Albright? I’m especially looking for those from this year’s orns, since my Premiere picks are easy to grab and pack.

I know she worked on the Tinker Bell (The very best, w/metal & jewels!).

Did she work on any other Disney orns in other years? I have the largest percentage of my Disney orns on my year-round tree, so those are easy to find too!

Thanks again for reminding me about your idea to only bring the battery cover for Magic orns, instead of the whole orn. For the notes I have for the Magics, I have the note, “BC” (for battery cover) and on my note sheet, I’m tracing the shape of the cover and printing the orn name on each of the covers I’ll be bringing. That way, I can easily match them up!

P.S. Re: your note that I posted to, my room won’t host any hopping. I’ll be too busy to think! See you next week sometime!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#329453 - 08/04/19 05:06 AM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: Lady Vol Fan]
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
When you said it was your, “first time to fly”, did you mean first time flying EVER, or your first time flying to the Convention? If you are in any way disabled, here’s what happens, but if you’re not disabled, just skim past the handicap info and read about the KCI Shuttle to/from KCI.

We’re (40th Wedding Anniversary with my Hubby, as of 5-79!) flying out from our home airport (San Diego) to KCI airport, on a long wished for DIRECT FLIGHT!! Being disabled, it’s a major production to go to a Convention or any other activity. We used to drive ourselves to Lindbergh Airport, and park in an off-site lot. It got more expensive, and Super Shuttle was about the same, so we tried it, but they flunked their test with us, since they wouldn’t honor our reservation to have it actually be a handicap-accessible van, since I can no longer climb up and into a van without pain and/or other problems.

A couple years ago, the SD airport started a new service there, you drive there, they take your car and valet park it and you pick it back up when you get home. So that’s the newest wrinkle. Add to that when you’re wheelchair-bound, the airport has rules/practices that don’t always make for a good travel experience. The ADA has rules that the airline is supposed to provide a wheelchair and a driver, if you can’t get a direct flight and can’t use your own chair and obviously, you need a driver. They’re supposed to have a chair and a driver waiting at the gate when you need to deplane. We get the front row (Bulk head, since there is a tiny bit more room from regular seating), so we should be let off first, see our “driver” waiting with my “chariot”, but it very very rarely ever happens! Usually, I have to sit and wait for all of the others to get off the plane, cleaning crew comes on, does their thing, etc. etc. It doesn’t make travel easy and the flights that go as they are supposed to so seldom happen, it’s really upsetting. This is all the while we’re buying 1st Class tix, as a matter of course, instead of as a rare treat.

This was the short version of the explanation of flying goes for us. If you’ve flown, have you flown into KCI before? If not, you’ll need to either buy a ticket for the KCI Shuttle that drops folks at any number of places, but you end up getting delivered last or next to last, if you’re staying at the Sheraton, Hyatt, etc. Also, if you shuttle in, you have to buy a return ticket, unless you have a very good friend who’ll drive you to the airport. OR, when you land, you can rent a car at the airport and skip the cost of the shuttle to the hotel and back.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#329458 - 08/04/19 09:13 AM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
DeniseC Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Sequim, Washington
I am not on Facebook, but I will have my room open for room hopping Wednesday evening through Saturday evening. I have a variety of ornaments for sale including a signed Beach Fairy and the colorway Santa's sweet Ride from 2017.

DeniseC

#329461 - 08/04/19 11:02 AM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: Karen W2]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Karen W2
Hi Nancy,
Do you have an artist list for Katrina Bricker AKA Katrina Albright? I’m especially looking for those from this year’s orns, since my Premiere picks are easy to grab and pack.

I know she worked on the Tinker Bell (The very best, w/metal & jewels!).

Did she work on any other Disney orns in other years? I have the largest percentage of my Disney orns on my year-round tree, so those are easy to find too!

Thanks again for reminding me about your idea to only bring the battery cover for Magic orns, instead of the whole orn. For the notes I have for the Magics, I have the note, “BC” (for battery cover) and on my note sheet, I’m tracing the shape of the cover and printing the orn name on each of the covers I’ll be bringing. That way, I can easily match them up!

P.S. Re: your note that I posted to, my room won’t host any hopping. I’ll be too busy to think! See you next week sometime!

Here's my Katrina Bricker list. It has everything I know that she's done included. It's a PDF.

2019 Katrina Bricker List

#329463 - 08/04/19 12:37 PM Re: KC signing ornaments [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
Nancy Major Offline
Elf

Loc: Englewood, CO USA
Nancy C,
I wanted to personally thank you for the lists you have created. You are amazing! Putting together the wishlists and the artists lists must have taking you a tremendous amount of time. Thank you for sharing those with us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator