YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
1515 Members
15 Forums
25876 Topics
320469 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#328470 - 06/17/19 05:09 AM Ornament Premiere Details and Offers..
Goalie Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Ornament Premiere Details and Offers are on the Hallmark Site...

Premiere Details

~goalie

#328471 - 06/17/19 08:42 AM Re: Ornament Premiere Details and Offers.. [Re: Goalie]
JerseyVike Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Thanks for the info !!!

#328662 - 07/01/19 10:43 PM Re: Ornament Premiere Details and Offers.. [Re: Goalie]
Sue W Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Lombard, Illinois USA
The link to the video was cute. Thanks.

#328865 - 07/10/19 09:53 AM Re: Ornament Premiere Details and Offers.. [Re: Goalie]
VinceL Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I apologize in advance...this post is a bit of a rant.

My wife and I are not KOC members. The ornaments offered by KOC are just not the type of ornaments that we are interested in. The cost of KOC membership is not worth it to us. With that said, I do understand why KOC members can get an additional points bonus at Premiere for buying 20 ornaments while the points bonus stops at 15 ornaments for non-members.

I submitted our Wishlist the day after the Wishbooks came out, which is long before Hallmark communicated how bonus points would be awarded at Premiere. We had 25 ornaments on our Wishlist that are scheduled for release at Premiere.

According to our local store manager and Hallmark, our order would entitle us to the bonus points for 15 ornaments plus 100 points for each ornament beyond 15.

When I followed up with Hallmark, I was told that we should split our order into 2 orders (1 for 15 ornaments and 1 for 10 ornaments). That would give us a total of 13,500 points vs. only 9,500 points for a single order of 25 ornaments.

I am going to go to our local Hallmark store today to see if that can be done. Unfortunately, I am sure it is a lot of work for them.

We only have 10 ornaments on our Wishlist for October. Hopefully, that will not exceed the bonus points limit for Debut.

In future years, I think we will have to submit multiple Wishlists none of which will exceed 15 ornaments for Premiere. Hopefully, that will avoid the situation that we have now.

#328873 - 07/10/19 05:03 PM Re: Ornament Premiere Details and Offers.. [Re: VinceL]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: VinceL
I apologize in advance...this post is a bit of a rant.

My wife and I are not KOC members. The ornaments offered by KOC are just not the type of ornaments that we are interested in. The cost of KOC membership is not worth it to us. With that said, I do understand why KOC members can get an additional points bonus at Premiere for buying 20 ornaments while the points bonus stops at 15 ornaments for non-members.

I submitted our Wishlist the day after the Wishbooks came out, which is long before Hallmark communicated how bonus points would be awarded at Premiere. We had 25 ornaments on our Wishlist that are scheduled for release at Premiere.

According to our local store manager and Hallmark, our order would entitle us to the bonus points for 15 ornaments plus 100 points for each ornament beyond 15.

When I followed up with Hallmark, I was told that we should split our order into 2 orders (1 for 15 ornaments and 1 for 10 ornaments). That would give us a total of 13,500 points vs. only 9,500 points for a single order of 25 ornaments.

I am going to go to our local Hallmark store today to see if that can be done. Unfortunately, I am sure it is a lot of work for them.

We only have 10 ornaments on our Wishlist for October. Hopefully, that will not exceed the bonus points limit for Debut.

In future years, I think we will have to submit multiple Wishlists none of which will exceed 15 ornaments for Premiere. Hopefully, that will avoid the situation that we have now.

I called Hallmark to see if the bonus points for someone buying more than 20 ornaments qualify for bonus points for those additional ornaments. Admittedly the person I spoke with was a rookie (more on that in a moment) but she told me that someone who buys more than 20 ornaments will continue to accrue bonus points. I guess we'll wait and see how they show up. I can't say that she was well informed or whether she repeated what she thought she had been told in training. Sometimes I call back to see if I get another answer from someone who might have better information.

Like I said, I spoke with a rookie and she told me she was new. I know someone who wants to buy three of the Storyteller ornaments and would like to be able to get three cords at $1.99 to go with them (they will end up at three houses so three cords are needed). She kept telling me that KOC members can get one at the discounted price, and I corrected her twice that this had nothing to do with being a KOC member. On what was at least her third try she finally said it was one per customer and couldn't tell me how a "customer" was defined, whether it was by the Crown Rewards number or a single purchase. I finally spoke with someone who recently worked at a Hallmark store to learn how to get the cords at a discount, and I was told to make each ornament/cord combination a separate purchase and the cords would cost $1.99.

If you are going to split up your order into 10 and five ornaments, I would think it would be easy to sort the ornaments into two piles, making sure you have the five miniature ornaments in one pile to qualify for the free package of six ornaments if you want that, the ornament/cord combination if you want the cord discounted, and end up with the quantities you want. If your store is using that system where they have to log each purchase into the system so that Hallmark knows what they have in stock that might mess the store's inventory up, but so does taking ornaments out of the preorder bag to be returned to the shelf, causing the store to have to do extra work. I purchase some of my ornaments at Premiere and put the rest on layaway so that I can manage my cash flow, and it's not a problem for my store to give me the shopping bag, have me sort them into purchase and layaway piles, and have two transactions. I'm assuming you're using two Crown Rewards cards because the points for purchases are grouped based on the Crown Rewards card, so buying ornaments at multiple stores or at multiple times are added together.

I hope you end up not having to lose points. I'd be sure to complain to Hallmark about it. They don't know what problems they have if no one tells them.

#328879 - 07/10/19 10:19 PM Re: Ornament Premiere Details and Offers.. [Re: Goalie]
VinceL Offline

Loc: North Carolina
As I mentioned in my original post, the recommendation from a Hallmark rep (the third person I contacted) was to split our order into a 10 ornament order and 15 ornament order.

I talked to the manager at our local store today. She was very happy to split our order to get us the extra 4,000 points.

So, thanks to Hallmark and to our store manager for helping us out. smile I told the manager that we would see her at 8:00 am on Saturday (which is when our store will be opening).

#328881 - 07/10/19 10:55 PM Re: Ornament Premiere Details and Offers.. [Re: Goalie]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Glad to hear you will get those points!!

#328884 - 07/10/19 11:55 PM Re: Ornament Premiere Details and Offers.. [Re: Goalie]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I always thought the bonus points were for cumulative purchases over the day/weekend, so if you bought from two different stores but bought 15 ornaments total, you'd get the bonus points for 15 ornaments. Have I been wrong on this all these years?

#328892 - 07/11/19 09:01 AM Re: Ornament Premiere Details and Offers.. [Re: carstairs38]
Goalie Offline

Originally Posted By: carstairs38
I always thought the bonus points were for cumulative purchases over the day/weekend, so if you bought from two different stores but bought 15 ornaments total, you'd get the bonus points for 15 ornaments. Have I been wrong on this all these years?

I believe you are right. This described system above will only work if you do it on two different Crown Rewards cards.

On one card the cumulative total of ornaments is what earns points at the end of the offer period.

~Goalie

#328945 - 07/12/19 12:20 AM Re: Ornament Premiere Details and Offers.. [Re: Goalie]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
I'm single, so I just have the one card and one account. Makes it easy for me. smile

Moderator:  Moderator