YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1515 Members
15 Forums
25852 Topics
320169 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#329239 - 07/25/19 12:55 PM Yulelog Software Update
MicheleB Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Monroe Township, NJ
Does anyone know when the update will be available? I know Sean will not be in Kansas City, but I also don't recall seeing anything on here how we go about ordering it and what the cost is. Thanks.

#329240 - 07/25/19 01:33 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
I saw something posted on the homepage of this website that says that the 2019 update for Hallmark and Dept. 56 will be available in August. I clicked on the Buy Now button and it took me to a page where I could choose either one of those versions but didn't have a date for when the 2019 update would be available.

I have a file with the 2019 entries that I'm checking now. I'm about half done and hope to get it back to Sean no later than this weekend. We agreed that this would be a good cutoff date. He had some entries users had submitted that he was working on when he last gave me an update. His file included 485 items, including some personalized. I see that Hallmark has added new personalized ornaments so I'll give him that information to put in there also. In addition to all the things I normally check (item number, title, series name, number in series, artist, price, release date, picture, comments) I'm checking the barcode for the ones we have.

We haven't talked about pricing.

#329519 - 08/06/19 12:20 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
MicheleB Offline
Elf VP

Hi Nancy,

Any word yet on when the 2019 update will be released? I've click through the link on the home page here and it's actually for the 2018 update.

Thanks.

#329520 - 08/06/19 12:42 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
Santa's Helper

I checked to see when I sent Sean the things I wanted him to review before finalizing the update, and that was on July 31. It took me longer to round up some of the information I wanted him to include like barcodes for some of the limiteds I didn't buy.

I just sent him an EMail asking him when the 2019 update would be available. I told him you had checked on it using the entry on the homepage and that it took you to the 2018 order information. I offered to post something here if he didn't want to, but I reminded him that he needs to fix the homepage information.

When I sent him my comments, I asked him if he has considered offering a later update that would include things that weren't in the last one (like the event pieces we don't know about and their pictures, the event item SKUs, and event item barcodes). He tried doing a patch and it didn't work well so that hasn't happened again. I recently got some pictures of the Barbie Convention shoe ornaments from a collector and passed them along so they could be included at some point in time.

I'll let you know when I hear from him.

#329523 - 08/06/19 07:45 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
Heidi Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: SC
Thanks for all your efforts Nancy.

#329532 - 08/07/19 03:06 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
Sean Ray Offline

Loc: Oxford, MS
Hi guys,

I have been very busy this summer with my day job and other things going on, but I've also been hard at work getting the YuleLog update ready (thanks, as usual, to the help of Nancy).

I'm currently in the process of packaging everything up in preparation to upload the update to the download servers. Windows is pretty much done, and I will get to Mac this weekend. I will be away from my home office until August 17, but I am planning on having the Digital Download available for sale by August 12, and I will get the master DVDs to the printer around then too. I predict DVDs being available for sale around August 20. But I will make announcements here and via email.

Nancy is right that we waited a little bit longer this year to avoid last year's problem of having unannounced ornaments missing from the price guide.

As for the patch feature, I have re-introduced a feature where I can add items to the Price Guide halfway through the year, but I can't update them. So that's something I will try to use around Christmas to add ornaments that are totally missing.

Other things I've added this year are a responsive UI that resizes when the user resizes their window. This allows users to take advantage of full screen or split screen modes (if you aren't interested in using that, the standard view remains the same). It just makes certain fields/images larger and easier to read.

I will provide more information this weekend and next week.

#329561 - 08/10/19 01:13 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

Loc: The belly button of Illinois
Thanks!

#329635 - 08/13/19 04:10 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: Sean Ray]
DeniseC Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Sequim, Washington
Thanks. Looking forward to it.

DeniseC

#329644 - 08/14/19 09:50 AM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
Heidi Offline

Loc: SC
The button for the 2019 update is live!

#329658 - 08/14/19 09:53 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
MicheleB Offline
Elf VP

Still not live for the DVD.

#329659 - 08/15/19 02:08 AM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: MicheleB
Still not live for the DVD.

I suspect that means he hasn't provided the master to the people who are duplicating it or he hasn't received the copies yet. He said that would be done by the 17th, and since it's the 15th he probably doesn't feel like he's late yet.

I got a link for the digital download over the weekend. I usually ask for a DVD but don't often get one.

#329665 - 08/15/19 12:21 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
MicheleB Offline
Elf VP

Hi Nancy,

I think I may just do the digital download myself.

Thanks for everything you do.

#329667 - 08/15/19 03:06 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
Santa's Helper

I haven't had any problems doing the digital download. I'm not sure how it works if you have multiple devices to put the program on if you do the digital download. I'll be learning that this year since I have a Windows laptop and a new iPhone.

#329696 - 08/16/19 07:27 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

Must remember to take my tablet to the office tomorrow so I can download it. SO EXCITED!

#329698 - 08/16/19 08:00 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: kindacowboy]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: kindacowboy
Must remember to take my tablet to the office tomorrow so I can download it. SO EXCITED!

Is your tablet an iOS device? Yulelog isn't compatible with Androids. I'm guessing you know that but I thought I'd mention it for people who don't use the program already.

#329705 - 08/17/19 05:46 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

It's a windows machine. Surface Pro.

#329706 - 08/17/19 05:47 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

And speaking of that. Can you get an IOS device to communicate with a windows one with Yulelog? And will a barcode reader work with a windows machine.

#329707 - 08/17/19 10:10 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: kindacowboy]
Santa's Helper

And speaking of that. Can you get an IOS device to communicate with a windows one with Yulelog? And will a barcode reader work with a windows machine.

They operate independently. There's no way to connect them and to make an update made on one device appear on the other.

My brother talked to Sean. He told me that the barcode scanner option only works when you're scanning to an iOS device. The software that Sean used is iOS only and I don't know if there's a Windows equivalent or not, but if there is Sean hasn't used it. I think he should identify that difference.

It's a windows machine. Surface Pro.

My brother has been working with Microsoft for almost 48 hours since his laptop became useless after downloading a Microsoft update. One thing he has learned is that many Surface Pro machines are experiencing the same problem. Microsoft is going to have to work really hard to come up with a solution since the machine can't communicate with anything - they can't download a fix to you. My brother said that some of his system files got corrupted so it's a pretty serious screw-up. It took them a while to admit he wasn't alone and he did hear the bad news about the Surface Pro. I thought I'd warn you so you can hopefully avoid the problems he's having.

#329713 - 08/18/19 02:03 PM Re: Yulelog Software Update [Re: MicheleB]
kindacowboy Offline
Elf VP

OMG thanks for the heads up! I have the 3 so it looks like it is not an issue on the older ones but I paused updates anyway. I figured about the scanner as the photos don't work directly from the camera on the Surface. But I can use it for selling so I may get a cheap one anyway.

So far I like the new update on Yulelog. I finally got rid of my 2016 and 2017 installations. They were just bogging down my system.

Moderator:  Moderator