YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 57 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
1516 Members
15 Forums
25881 Topics
320541 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#329697 - 08/16/19 07:30 PM Re: Having fun in KC but a little chaos too!! [Re: beaglebabes]
DeniseC Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Sequim, Washington
Yes, there were some things that could have been done better. I am convinced that Hallmark will fix them. The dinners were wonderful. Registration and product pickup were a breeze. One of the problems at the signings were too many people in each time slot. Another were the people who chose not to have their ornaments both unboxed and unwrapped. If the ornaments are not on a tray and ready to be signed, don't get in line. The seminars were interesting. I did not win at any of the games, but not everyone will get a chance to play. At the session of Spin It To Win it that I went to, kids under a certain age were invited to come up to play. There were 5 kids and only one was under the age of 5. One lady came up and said she was pregnant. She was allowed to play and that was okay with me. On the way out after our session was over, one lady yelled at the host because it was her birthday and she wasn't invited up to play. She wanted special treatment. I am glad that I went and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

DeniseC

#329699 - 08/16/19 08:14 PM Re: Having fun in KC but a little chaos too!! [Re: DeniseC]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: DeniseC
One of the problems at the signings were too many people in each time slot. Another were the people who chose not to have their ornaments both unboxed and unwrapped. If the ornaments are not on a tray and ready to be signed, don't get in line.

I heard that in 1998 each artist had their own line and things moved pretty well. I didn't go to that event since it would have cost me $36 to go, sleep in my own bed and drive my own car when my husband's salary was going down about 75%.

I'm going to suggest in my detailed response that I have an idea that they should strongly consider. Put every artist in their own line, and give each attendee one coupon per artist. Don't put the artist's name on any one so that if you don't want to have that artist sign something you can use the coupon for someone else. Let people go when it's good for them and life should be better for everyone.

I agree about having things unwrapped and ready to go. One time one of the volunteers was a not very nice lady, and when we talk about her we use that not very nice term applied to rude women (I understand that she's rarely nice to work with). She policed that line and wouldn't let you go 2 minutes early even if no one was in line and there were some other things I've managed to forget. There should have been people applying the policy of "unpack and don't haul your big bins with you" on Thursday like they had on Friday.

#329742 - 08/21/19 10:19 PM Re: Having fun in KC but a little chaos too!! [Re: SamIam]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Did anyone do the scavengers hunt on their smart phone?

I heard that some people got the repainted North pole tree trimmer with the gold bow as a prize.

When I asked about the paper form they said that they would have so EVERYONE could play. I was told they didn't have any made. I was given the beer stein button.

#329744 - 08/21/19 11:00 PM Re: Having fun in KC but a little chaos too!! [Re: SamIam]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
No scavenger hunt for me. I was in line for most of Thursday and Friday. And I had no app so it could not be done.

#329754 - 08/22/19 01:08 PM Re: Having fun in KC but a little chaos too!! [Re: susan in florida]
DeniseC Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Sequim, Washington
I also asked about a paper copy and was told that they did not have any. I too received a button. How disappointing frown

#329755 - 08/22/19 01:35 PM Re: Having fun in KC but a little chaos too!! [Re: SamIam]
Kiz Offline
Elf in Training

Loc: Olathe, KS
I finished the game and they didn't have anything left to give me. I still had fun doing it. I thought it was great.

First time going to the convention and I LOVED it. It was a lot of standing in lines but I've waited in longer lines to see Mickey Mouse or ride Peter Pan at WDW and that's in the Florida heat. So I didn't mind. I thought the staff was friendly and energetic and really tried to make it fun for everyone.

Can't wait for the next one.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Moderator