YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Forum Stats
1516 Members
15 Forums
25881 Topics
320541 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#329797 - 08/27/19 06:17 AM 2019 Mayor's Tree Ornament
Gwenda Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Middle Tennessee
Did you order it while at the 2019 KOC event?

Does anyone have a picture of the 2019 Mayor's Tree ornament? Couldn't find any photos of it on the Crown Center site.

#329807 - 08/27/19 11:51 AM Re: 2019 Mayor's Tree Ornament [Re: Gwenda]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Unfortunately there was NOTHING in the registration bag about the Mayor's Christmas Tree ornaments. This is something that disappointed me because there were people there who may not have known about the ornaments or some that didn't know where to get them. The Crown Center Customer Service Center is easy to get to from the Westin meeting rooms where there were activities so it wouldn't have been hard for people to trek over there. And in today's world there isn't a charity that can't use money, and if people had spent money there now the money would have been available earlier in the holiday season. I complained about this on my exit survey.

When I went to a session of Spin It to Win It, Matt Johnson was there. He and the emcee were tapdancing to kill time before the session was to start (it was the first one of the day), so I decided to give them something useful to do and asked what they could tell us about this year's ornament. Matt wasn't sure but several people in the room had been to the Customer Service Center and got pictures of the prototype they have there. We learned that Tammy Haddix did this year's ornament. I took a picture when I stopped by there on Sunday morning. I checked the Crown Center website on August 26 and didn't see anything there; we often don't see information there about the new ornament until September.

Here's the picture I took:

2019 Mayor's Christmas Tree Ornament Prototype

I love how many Kansas City landmarks are included on the box. Starting at the left is I believe the AT&T Town Pavilion (which may not have the AT&T in the name any more), the building that has the Western Auto sign on it (there were plans to remove the sign, but after a public outcry it got converted to LED and stayed put), Union Station, the Whatchamacallits that adorn the top of the Bartle Hall convention center (where much of the 1998 event was held), the KCPL building, a building I don't recognize, and the Sheraton. The round part at the top used to be a revolving restaurant back in the 1970s. And the white canopy covers part of Crown Center Square.

I forgot to ask the nice lady I spoke with at the Customer Service Center if the price was the same and if they were taking preorders.

#329809 - 08/27/19 01:02 PM Re: 2019 Mayor's Tree Ornament [Re: Gwenda]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Thanks for the info. I never walked over there this event.

#329810 - 08/27/19 01:09 PM Re: 2019 Mayor's Tree Ornament [Re: Gwenda]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
At the event I went over to the service desk and ordered a couple.

#329823 - 08/28/19 12:35 PM Re: 2019 Mayor's Tree Ornament [Re: Gwenda]
Heidi Online   content
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: SC
I forgot to order last years. I plan to get this years, last years and any others available I haven't found for what I'm willing to pay for them.

#329826 - 08/28/19 07:50 PM Re: 2019 Mayor's Tree Ornament [Re: Heidi]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: Heidi
I forgot to order last years. I plan to get this years, last years and any others available I haven't found for what I'm willing to pay for them.

They have quite a few left from previous years, and if you buy them from the Crown Center Customer Service Center they're original price. I didn't make a list of what they have, and the website says it has pictures of what's available but they didn't show up.

Moderator:  Moderator