YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 79 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1518 Members
15 Forums
25917 Topics
320949 Posts

Max Online: 194 @ 07/01/17 06:03 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#330283 - 10/05/19 02:44 PM GREAT Superhero ornaments this year—thanks Hallmark!
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Alabama
My husband’s superhero tree got some terrific additions at Ornament Debut:

• BATGIRL Limited Edition They outdid themselves with this ornament! BatGirl looks like she stepped right out of the 1960’s TV Show. The details are fabulous: two shades of purple! Sparkly uniform! PHOTO.

[p]
  • BATBOAT - I love the size of this ornament. It isn’t too small. Nice detail. Has a vintage feel to it, but it is lightweight. Robin looks like a teenager having fun. PHOTO.

[p]
  • BATMAN ROCKS! (Guitar) - This ornament is much more substantial than the way it looks in the catalog. It moved from the “maybe” list to the “must have” list as soon as I saw it. The music is great too—it plays the Batman theme song! PHOTO.

[p]
  • HERE COMES SPIDEY CLAUS - I really love it when character ornaments have some aspect in the design that reflects that they are Christmas ornaments. Spidey looks jolly in his Santa hat as he hangs upside down by a light string! Made me smile as soon as I saw it. It captured the wonder and whimsy that a child has at Christmastime. PHOTO.

[p]
  • CAPTAIN MARVEL Mystery Box - I got the blue and red one in my mystery box, but I would have been happy with either. The ornament itself is not all that great compared with some of the other ornaments (not much detail), but I was excited that Hallmark made a different superhero than the standard (safe) ones that are repeated every year. PHOTO.

[p]
  • Christopher Reeve as SUPERMAN - I always support anything classic Superman, so I bought this one. But I have to say that it wasn’t one of my favorites. I do not like the base. it is too big and clunky. Plus, why choose to use rocks for the base when they could have used crystals to look like he was flying away from the Fortress of Solitude?!? That said, the music is nice and the classic Superman uniform is my favorite. PHOTO.

[p]
  • LEGO ROBIN - This ornament looks like it jumped out of the LEGO Batman Movie! Love the whimsy and joy. Love the way his cape waves in the imaginary breeze. Really made me smile. PHOTO.

Edited by Galloping_Cat (10/05/19 03:14 PM)
Edit Reason: Photos didn’t post in original listing

#330290 - 10/05/19 05:51 PM Re: GREAT Superhero ornaments this year—thanks Hallmark! [Re: Galloping_Cat]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I'm thrilled I got the Batgirl Limited Edition. She was my first crush when I was a kid.

#330341 - 10/06/19 05:07 PM Re: GREAT Superhero ornaments this year—thanks Hallmark! [Re: Galloping_Cat]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
Christopher Reeve is my favorite actor to portray The Man of Steel but this was a pass for me.
I agree with you about the base. As I had posted in a previous thread the base and pose should have been more like this:

Also I was really surprised by how loud the audio is. It's a bit too loud for me.

#330370 - 10/07/19 08:29 AM Re: GREAT Superhero ornaments this year—thanks Hallmark! [Re: Galloping_Cat]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Great ornaments this year. Hoping for a Arrow/Green Arrow for next year.

I also would love to see a Green Hornet/Kato ornament.

#330384 - 10/07/19 09:36 AM Re: GREAT Superhero ornaments this year—thanks Hallmark! [Re: Galloping_Cat]
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Alabama
I’d like that too!

Would also love to see them do a classic Penguin from the Batman TV show.

#330413 - 10/07/19 04:30 PM Re: GREAT Superhero ornaments this year—thanks Hallmark! [Re: Galloping_Cat]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

I think we will see a classic Penguin in the next couple years. They have already done the Joker, Riddler, & Cat Woman, so the Penguin should be next.

#330462 - 10/08/19 07:50 PM Re: GREAT Superhero ornaments this year—thanks Hallmark! [Re: Galloping_Cat]
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
I don’t collect the super hero ornaments but loved the Bat Girl one so that came home with me. Now I’ve realized there was a limited Cat Woman ornament in 2016 that I also like but I’m resisting...for now.

Moderator:  Moderator