YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 93 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26326 Topics
325459 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#332061 - 02/12/20 10:15 AM news about local KOC club
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
So many changes. New information from Hallmark:

Q: When can we expect to receive the free Local Club Gift (ornament)?
A: This year, we will not be providing a free Local Club Gift (ornament) to our local clubs.
We know this may be disappointing to you and your local club members, and for that, we do sincerely apologize. We never set out to disappoint our most loyal Keepsake Ornament collectors, especially those so heavily involved with their community through their local clubs. Please understand that although we will not be providing a free local club ornament, we are still VERY much committed to all of YOU and your local clubs, and have BIG plans for 2020 to provide tools and activities to help you continue to grow all of your local clubs. We are looking forward to getting to spend time with you and your local clubs this summer on our Keepsake Artist Signing Events.

#332062 - 02/12/20 10:18 AM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
nancyj Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Blacksburg, VA
I was just going to post that. Wow, is all I can say. Very disappointing.

Nancy

#332063 - 02/12/20 10:27 AM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Not that it would do any good, but I hope there's something on the "survey" with the submission of local club rosters where we can express our unhappiness over this news. Otherwise, I will lead an effort to flood their inbox with EMails after we know what the survey includes.

First they stopped sending us gifts, whether it was leftover ornaments or DVDs. Then they stopped Collectively Speaking. Then we get this.

How do we think that their reorganization last year is supporting local clubs, which includes many KOC members? Methinks next year will be the same.

#332065 - 02/12/20 11:12 AM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

I've been around too long.

I REMEMBER when we got a NICE FULL SIZE free local club ornament, and then they got smaller and we got a miniature ornament. Now we get nothing.

I REMEMBER when we got a NICE monthly newsletter and then it was 4 times a year and then it was whenever.

I REMEMBER when we used to get 4 surprise free mailing a year from Hallmark and then it was 2 and then it was 1 and now we get nothing.

I REMEMBER when there was a REAL PERSON in charge of handling the KOC and local club issues. I person that would answer your questions. Now we have an online site and nothing is every answered.

Local clubs used to be important to Hallmark.

#332067 - 02/12/20 11:55 AM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: susan in florida
I've been around too long.

I REMEMBER when we got a NICE FULL SIZE free local club ornament, and then they got smaller and we got a miniature ornament. Now we get nothing.

I REMEMBER when we got a NICE monthly newsletter and then it was 4 times a year and then it was whenever.

I REMEMBER when we used to get 4 surprise free mailing a year from Hallmark and then it was 2 and then it was 1 and now we get nothing.

I REMEMBER when there was a REAL PERSON in charge of handling the KOC and local club issues. I person that would answer your questions. Now we have an online site and nothing is every answered.

Local clubs used to be important to Hallmark.

And we used to have a local club dinner at the events. Not something you plan for yourselves and have to take a shuttle to. Now it's nothing like that.

I'm serious about the EMail campaign once we know what's included in the "survey." I know of a club who doesn't do anything online (and maybe the store does things, I don't know) but you can't even mail in your roster this year. To me, the smoke signals are saying local clubs won't matter to them much more.

#332068 - 02/12/20 01:45 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
Oh, well. Their costs keep going up so I imagine they just can't do it anymore. And will so many store closings, that takes a toll on them also.

We will survive without a free miniature.

#332071 - 02/12/20 02:09 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: beaglebabes]
Betty Peach Offline

Loc: Longmont, CO
But will Hallmark survive? The price of ornaments is going up to us also. And many of us have too many ornaments already. I've cut down on the number of ornaments I buy, as have some of our local club members. Hallmark is partly responsible for the toll of store closings. A repaint of a miniature ornament will not reduce their costs by that much.

#332072 - 02/12/20 02:12 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
Betty Peach Offline

Loc: Longmont, CO
Susan and Nancy, I'm with you!

#332074 - 02/12/20 02:48 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

I REMEMBER when our local Tampa club had over 120 members that attended meetings.
Our Christmas party was so large we had it catered and had to rent meeting rooms.

I REMEMBER when there was FIVE Local clubs in my area.
We have two left and one is just hanging. So many older members passed away. We are LUCKY to get ONE new member a YEAR!!

I REMEMBER when there was 25+ Hallmark stores within an hour drive from my house.
We still have 25 places to buy Hallmark but now it is Walmart, Walgreens, CSV, Kohl's, ONLINE, and the last 4 remaining Hallmark stores.

#332075 - 02/12/20 02:54 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
You start to wonder if Hallmark ornaments are going the way of Enesco and Carlton ornaments. I hope not.

#332076 - 02/12/20 03:09 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
KATIE ANN Offline
Elf VP

Loc: ST. ALBANS, WV, US
They could reduce expenses by not printing coupons that we cannot use on ornaments.

#332077 - 02/12/20 03:20 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
Moley Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Arkansas
Originally Posted By: susan in florida

...Now we have an online site and nothing is every answered...

That is one of the things most disturbing to me. I see folks post a sincere and well-written question on an issue of importance and all they get is crickets in that forum. Very seldom do I see an answer directly from a community manager.

#332078 - 02/12/20 07:12 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
nancyj Offline

Loc: Blacksburg, VA
Also, there was a time when, even though the local club gift ornament was a mini, it was unique and not just a colorway of an ornament that didn't' sell well the year before. I loved that perk!

Nancy

#332079 - 02/12/20 07:48 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
JAS51 Offline
Elf Manager

I'm still waiting for the $5 coupon that we are supposed to receive in Feb for our membership renewal. Wonder when it will arrive? I want to use it on the St. Patrick's ornament (which finally arrived at my local store). They are so great about holding the ornament for me until I'm ready to pick it up.

I hate to see the demise of the local club ornament--I really enjoyed getting them each year.

It will be interesting to see what other changes HM has in store for us--

#332087 - 02/13/20 07:16 AM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
Designer Nan Offline
Elf

I am very disappointed that they are discontinuing the local club ornament. Our club enjoyed getting these at our annual Christmas party every year. I am hoping they will see the disappointment in many clubs, and will offer us a limited edition club ornament that clubs can purchase at a discount. This was one perk to belonging to a club. We enjoy getting together at meetings and working fundraising events together and will still continue with our work.

#332088 - 02/13/20 08:50 AM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
HAL1069 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Bad form Hallmark!

Ralph

#332094 - 02/13/20 03:20 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
JAS51 Offline
Elf Manager

I'm wondering if HM is also discontinuing the special store employee ornament also. I think the smaller pictures on the ornament boxes are also a cost cutting effort. I'm not a fan of those little pictures. Still ornament prices are going up as is all of the Hallmark branded items.

#332106 - 02/14/20 03:53 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: KATIE ANN]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
Originally Posted By: KATIE ANN
They could reduce expenses by not printing coupons that we cannot use on ornaments.
LOL

#332107 - 02/14/20 03:57 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: susan in florida]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
After reading the comments I am now glad I did not renew KOC this year after years of being a member; almost from the beginning. I am also glad I didn't renew with Yuleloggers since HMK has made the decision to do less for the KOC members. I don't see HMK completely getting rid of KOC but I suspect the items in the "gift" box will dwindle even more.

#332109 - 02/14/20 06:44 PM Re: news about local KOC club [Re: debbieg]
DeniseC Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Sequim, Washington
I miss being part of a local club. It was nice to get together with other collectors. The local club ornament was a very nice perk. I also miss the newsletters. I have almost all of the For Keeps (missing just 2 of the early ones) and many of the Collector's Courier. Hallmark was supposed to replace the Collector's Couriers with 5 Local Club News mailings(January, March, June, September and December) but they have broken that promise. They missed June of 2019 and have nothing for 2020. Now there will be no local club ornament. Come on Hallmark, support your biggest fans. Reinstate a real person to answer local club member's questions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator