YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (susan in florida, carstairs38), 70 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26324 Topics
325340 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#331671 - 01/10/20 10:05 PM local club rosters
susan in florida Online   content
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Not sure if this was already posted. It was on the Hallmark community board. Looks like no info until SPRING.

We know you are anxious to provide us with your 2020 Local Club Roster! Rest assured, you have NOT missed any deadlines!
We are so excited to hear all about the growth of your clubs in 2019. Stay tuned we are working on a quick and easy process for you to provide us with this information through an online survey link, which will be sent to all local club presidents this SPRING!

#331708 - 01/14/20 07:45 AM Re: local club rosters [Re: susan in florida]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
It seems every year is a new format.

#332021 - 02/06/20 03:13 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: susan in florida]
giraffejean Offline
Elf

Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA
So glad you posted this. I have been wondering if our club missed it. So used to needing to have the roster in by the end of January.

#332060 - 02/12/20 10:13 AM Re: local club rosters [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Online   content
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Well isn't this interesting... New info from Hallmark:

Q: When can we expect to receive the free Local Club Gift (ornament)?
A: This year, we will not be providing a free Local Club Gift (ornament) to our local clubs.
We know this may be disappointing to you and your local club members, and for that, we do sincerely apologize. We never set out to disappoint our most loyal Keepsake Ornament collectors, especially those so heavily involved with their community through their local clubs. Please understand that although we will not be providing a free local club ornament, we are still VERY much committed to all of YOU and your local clubs, and have BIG plans for 2020 to provide tools and activities to help you continue to grow all of your local clubs. We are looking forward to getting to spend time with you and your local clubs this summer on our Keepsake Artist Signing Events.

#332070 - 02/12/20 01:59 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: susan in florida]
Betty Peach Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Longmont, CO
I don't think it's "interesting", I think it's despicable. They went from full size ornaments to miniature ornaments for local clubs. They quit sending ornaments to the club (probably ornaments from the warehouse that didn't sell, but the nonetheless ornaments.) If they want show how committed they are to local clubs, they're doing a poor job in the last few years. If I wasn't a member of a local club, I would not be enticed to join one.

#332081 - 02/12/20 09:12 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: susan in florida]
JAS51 Offline
Elf Manager

I agree with Betty. I shudder to think about what the BIG plans HM is planning for 2020 given the changes they are making already. Ornament prices going up. I think all HM branded items are getting too expensive but at least we can use coupons on those items. Time will tell what happens with HM and the remaining HM stores.

#332091 - 02/13/20 01:02 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: JAS51]
Betty Peach Offline

Even the Gold Crown certificates have been decreased. You have to use the unrequested certificates before the expiration date or you won't be able to have the points redeposited in your account.

#332095 - 02/13/20 03:32 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: Betty Peach]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: Betty Peach
Even the Gold Crown certificates have been decreased. You have to use the unrequested certificates before the expiration date or you won't be able to have the points redeposited in your account.

You can have one certificate redeposited once a year. When you do that, your year starts over.

#332099 - 02/13/20 11:21 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: susan in florida]
JAS51 Offline
Elf Manager

Seems like I remember Customer Service told me that HM has requested that the stores honor the GC certificates for 15 day? after expiration. Have you heard that Betty Peach?

#332101 - 02/14/20 08:03 AM Re: local club rosters [Re: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS]
MicheleB Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Monroe Township, NJ
Nancy, I recently tried to do this and they told me it cannot be done.

Edited by MicheleB (02/14/20 08:04 AM)

#332103 - 02/14/20 11:31 AM Re: local club rosters [Re: MicheleB]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: MicheleB
Nancy, I recently tried to do this and they told me it cannot be done.

That's weird since they recently announced that policy. Maybe someone didn't read their EMails.

#332104 - 02/14/20 12:53 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: susan in florida]
Betty Peach Offline

I had more than $20 of unasked-for certificates to be redeposited in a year. I don't buy cards or gifts for Valentine's day (I'm single and not dating), Easter (I don't have kids), Mother's Day (my mother has passed), or Father's day (my father has passed) so the certificates Hallmark sends for those days are useless to me.
When I give at holidays such as these, I donate cash to homeless shelters and battered women's houses. I buy ORNAMENTS for myself with these certificates, and I will buying less.

#332110 - 02/14/20 06:53 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: Betty Peach]
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: Betty Peach
I had more than $20 of unasked-for certificates to be redeposited in a year. I don't buy cards or gifts for Valentine's day (I'm single and not dating), Easter (I don't have kids), Mother's Day (my mother has passed), or Father's day (my father has passed) so the certificates Hallmark sends for those days are useless to me.
When I give at holidays such as these, I donate cash to homeless shelters and battered women's houses. I buy ORNAMENTS for myself with these certificates, and I will buying less.

You can ask for your account to be marked so they only send you certificates when you ask for them. However, this also means that you don't get the promotional flyers like they send out for Premiere and Debut. Also if you drain your account so they don't have the minimum number of points to use to send you the flyer (let's say you have $2 in points and they only send to people with at least $8 in points) you don't get the flyers either.

#332117 - 02/15/20 05:03 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: susan in florida]
nancyj Offline

Loc: Blacksburg, VA
I was thinking about the local club rosters and wondering now that they don't need an accurate count of members to send the free mini ornament, why does Hallmark need them? They could simply ask us to fill out a club registration and club rep contact info. That is, so that the rep can get ALL of the 2020 tools and activities to help us continue to grow all of our local clubs.... wink
Nancy

#332122 - 02/15/20 11:54 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: JAS51]
thsrocks Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY
My understanding is 45 days after expiration date is the Hallmark deadline for accepting Reward Dollars. This does not include "Bonus Dollars" like the $2.00 Valentine Bonus. Whether franchise stores are required to adhere to this rule may vary. Corporate stores should honor this change in accepting expired Reward Dollars.

#332130 - 02/16/20 08:39 PM Re: local club rosters [Re: susan in florida]
JAS51 Offline
Elf Manager

Yes--I do think the CS person said 45 days after. I did not write it down. I think this policy is supposed to make us feel better since HM will only redeposit Reward $ once a year. I have not asked my franchise store about it since I'm careful to use them within the time period. Like many of us, I really enjoyed being able to save them for Premier and Debut.

Moderator:  Moderator