YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26149 Topics
323366 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#332178 - 02/25/20 08:02 PM Hallmark — cut the @#$!
hollyjolly Offline
Elf

I am always posting positive comments about hallmark. I always look to the positive. But I have reached a point of saying — what the heck hallmark?

Your “newest” edition of for keeps has not one new element you already haven’t published online or is a past looking article. Wow two pages dedicated to last years Halloween push on the hallmark channel and an artist that does tie dye. Some people may like this, but I say yawn! Not one sneak peek. Not one forward piece of info on the 2020 line.

If that wasn’t bad enough — the coupon you made such a big deal about— sign up early and get up to $30 off coupons for your 2020 club registration— the coupon! First it is $5 off $10 purchase. Come on! And even worse it expires in one month.

I collect Christmas ornaments
You offer Christmas ornaments from July through December
Don’t send me or offer me anything outside those months.
I don’t want anything else you offer to be blunt.

If others on this board disagree with me — please post your thoughts. I would love for you to show me the glass half full view. But I am done with hallmarks either lack of thought of Christmas ornament collectors or maybe it truly is a lack of care.

#332184 - 02/26/20 07:56 AM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Well Said, I have to agree !!!

#332186 - 02/26/20 01:45 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
I agree 100%. A few years ago I contacted Hallmark about that. I said I only get ornaments and don't need coupons in January. So they said I should just cut out anything mailed. Well, than they didn't send even the For Keeps or anything. So I had to get back on the list just to get anything besides the crown rewards.

#332188 - 02/26/20 04:49 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
I didn't like the coupon "offer" that came with this year's membership so I didn't renew - after being a member since ???? before 1999 certainly. The only thing I want this year that supposedly requires a membership is the WINDOWS ornament. I will either buy it from a member, buy it on Ebay or the Facebook page or wait until HMK offers them to the general public.

It has been a slow downward slide for KOC members as far as I'm concerned. It wouldn't surprise me if in a few years the membership offer was an empty decorated box to hold ornaments.

#332198 - 02/27/20 09:44 AM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

For Keeps should be about the present and future, not the past.

I would like to see sneak peeks on what's coming out this year, and sometimes next year.

I would like to know what is the future of collecting Hallmark Keepsakes is going to be.

#332208 - 02/28/20 04:34 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
Kay Anne Offline
Elf

Loc: Il
I couldn't believe that they listed the names and locations of the Hallmark stores that are hosting this year's signing events but but did not include a picture of the Signing Event Ornament!! Gingerbread Carousel -- Had to log in to the Keepsake Community to see it.

I don't like the coupon offer that came with the membership either. Wouldn't have minded if you could use it toward a membership ornament when they are available for purchase but the coupon will be expired by then. Also not happy about the Gold Crown Certificates being issued more often, and Hallmark not letting you "bank" them anymore. I don't want them now, I want to save them for the premiere.

#332209 - 02/28/20 04:54 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
JAS51 Offline
Elf Manager

Agree. Disappointed.

Edited by JAS51 (02/28/20 04:55 PM)

#332210 - 02/28/20 10:44 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
SandyT Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Uniontown PA USA
I agree with all the posts. I also don't like the fact that I have to wait until December to get a free ornament, which we used to get in July. Most of the time, I am done buying ornaments when December comes.
I also don't like jumping through hoops with the stipulations on the coupon ($5 of $10, and the close expiration date).

#332221 - 03/01/20 08:55 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
SandyT, I agree, I don't like getting ornaments in December or November. There is so much going on, if I didn't order them I forget about them.

I also wish Hallmark would just hold our coupons until we request them either by phone or online.

#332222 - 03/01/20 09:06 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: beaglebabes]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: beaglebabes
I also wish Hallmark would just hold our coupons until we request them either by phone or online.

You can ask Hallmark to not send you any certificates so you are in control of when they arrive and how much they're worth.

However, doing that means that you don't get the flyers like they send out for Premiere and Debut. If you choose to take the certificates out when you want, and you haven't asked Hallmark to stop sending you things, you won't get a flyer if you don't have enough points in your account to convert to the minimum dollar amount of the certificate they put in your flyer. Like if they're looking for a minimum of $8 and you only have $5 in your account you don't get the flyer. If you take control you have to do the math and juggling of points for the certificates.

#332223 - 03/02/20 07:29 AM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

If they are going to send us coupons in the ornament "off season", they should allow them to be used towards gift cards. This way we can still use them for Premiere.

#332228 - 03/02/20 01:40 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
JAS51 Offline
Elf Manager

Ugh. Hallmark took 600 points from my account for a $2 coupon in April. I would normally have the points added back to save for bigger one. I really dislike the new policy. Wonder if HM will eventually stop the points program?

#332230 - 03/02/20 02:31 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
Yeah! I received a $10 bonus coupon - March Special Member Gift 2020 - today in my online Crown Rewards account. Since I am collecting the new Seasons Treating series and some of the newly released 2020 Keepsake ornaments, these new monthly coupons are great!

#332232 - 03/02/20 08:38 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
elfin365 Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Naperville IL
I agree regarding the coupons. I just received my birthday coupon...save $5 when I spend $25 or Save 2 for $10, expiring the end of the month. I am a second year member and have gone to almost all of the special events so you'd think it would be better than that.

My other complaint is an old one...why did they stop having drawing in stores for colorways. I'd go to every store in the area and buy a few ornaments at each and then register to win. Course two out of the four stores have closed, but that was fun even if you didn't win.

#332357 - 03/09/20 06:53 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
sgh2 Offline
Elf

Loc: Virginia
I agree with all of the comments above. I called Hallmark last week and left a comment about the $5 coupons. I did not realize that they would only be good for about 3 weeks. I wanted to I use them toward ornaments and thought we would be able to save them. I have been a KOCC member since the beginning but this will probably be my last year to join the club. I don’t like the changes they have made the past couple of years.

#332361 - 03/10/20 11:57 AM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
It would be really nice and transparent if HMK would tell us the expiration time on the Reward Certs. All I could find on the web site is that the Reward POINTS don't expire EVER if you add more than 600 pts per year. With that being the case we should be able to decide when we want those certificates. As for the $5.00 certs you get as a member of the KOC, the expiration info should also be transparent.

#332362 - 03/10/20 01:14 PM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

All KOC stuff should be related to ornaments, not any other Hallmark merchandise. KOC coupons should be for ornaments, and when ornaments are available to purchase.

#332379 - 03/12/20 11:42 AM Re: Hallmark — cut the @#$! [Re: hollyjolly]
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Alabama
I didn’t renew my club membership this year because I suspected that the certificates would expire. I’m sure Hallmark distributed them like they have in hopes of driving shoppers to the stores throughout the year, not just July-December....

BUT I am an ornament collector and 90+% of my annual Hallmark spend is on ornaments. So I very much preferred the gift card in last year’s KOC box since it could be used on my favorite Hallmark products—ornaments!

Moderator:  Moderator