YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 52 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26149 Topics
323366 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#332482 - 03/24/20 08:08 AM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
steffinie Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Elkhart, Indiana
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (March 23, 2020) – Hallmark Cards, Inc. is temporarily closing its Liberty Distribution Center in Liberty, Mo. for two weeks following government-issued “stay-at-home” orders in the Kansas City-area in response to COVID-19. The company is temporarily suspending in-store service of greeting card aisles in retail stores across the U.S. The Hallmark manufacturing facilities in Lawrence, Kan., Leavenworth, Kan., Center, Tex., and Metamora, Ill. are also temporarily closed. Employees impacted by these temporary closures will receive two week’s pay.

Hallmark’s COVID-19 task force is monitoring this rapidly evolving situation and utilizing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and local public health and emergency response agencies.

This information was posted on Hallmark.com under the newsroom section.

It looks like most likely we will not receive our 2020 Dreambooks and/or Dreamboxes within at least the next two weeks ...

Stephanie

#332490 - 03/24/20 02:47 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Sounds like they may start to reduce the restrictions and start allowing businesses to open up in the next couple weeks.

#332496 - 03/24/20 09:50 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
Our state, Wi, is going on lockdown at midnight tonite. It will be interesting as we make all the toilet paper, a lot of the paper towels, diapers, kleenex and more. So not a lot of people will be stay at home. The three hospitals are regional so that is busy. But the kids are happy, they get another month off of school.

#332498 - 03/25/20 09:01 AM Re: Corona Virus [Re: JerseyVike]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
Sounds like they may start to reduce the restrictions and start allowing businesses to open up in the next couple weeks.
I hope not. The virus is still spreading exponentially.

#332499 - 03/25/20 09:03 AM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Can we switch from using the word Lockdown to "Shelter in Place?" Lockdown was originally a term used in prisons and then for schools. It's much too violent a word for folks who are staying at home to stay healthy.

#332501 - 03/25/20 10:48 AM Re: Corona Virus [Re: debbieg]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: debbieg
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
I hope not. The virus is still spreading exponentially.

In a couple weeks. If they start to let businesses open and people back to work, things will hopefully get back to normal. Those who are at greater risk from the China coronavirus will still have to "shelter in place".

#332511 - 03/25/20 06:45 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: debbieg]
Qui-gon Grin Online   content
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
Originally Posted By: debbieg
Can we switch from using the word Lockdown to "Shelter in Place?" Lockdown was originally a term used in prisons and then for schools. It's much too violent a word for folks who are staying at home to stay healthy.

Personalty I don't like either of these phrases as they have become "buzz words", another phrase which I don't like. As New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has even said the phrase shelter in place sounds more like something that would be done after some sort of environmental disaster such as as a poison gas release or other such occurrence, where even venturing outside would be dangerous.
Why not just basically say what it is - a quarantine?

#332514 - 03/26/20 11:51 AM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida

Instead of social distancing-
I'm practicing compassionate retreat

Instead of Isolation-
I'm enjoying solitude

Instead of shelter in place-
I'm Now an Artist in Residence

#332516 - 03/26/20 03:07 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: susan in florida]
Qui-gon Grin Online   content
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
Originally Posted By: susan in florida

Instead of social distancing-
I'm practicing compassionate retreat

Instead of Isolation-
I'm enjoying solitude

Instead of shelter in place-
I'm Now an Artist in Residence

Now those I like. LOL

#332524 - 03/26/20 10:23 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
beaglebabes Offline
Santa's Helper

This is very interesting. Taken for a book published in 1981 by Dean Koontz. The name of the book is the Eyes of Darkness.

In around 2020 a severe pneumonia like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments. Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived, attack again ten years later, and then disappear completely.

Further in the book.

They call the stuff Wuhan-400 because it was developed at their RDNA labs outside the city of Wuhan and it was the 400th viable strain of man made microorganisms created at that research site.

Makes a person wonder what else they have at the lab. Right now supposedly China is contained, but the rest of the world is paying the price.

#332536 - 03/27/20 12:34 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: beaglebabes]
AshleyC Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted By: beaglebabes
This is very interesting. Taken for a book published in 1981 by Dean Koontz. The name of the book is the Eyes of Darkness.

In around 2020 a severe pneumonia like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments. Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived, attack again ten years later, and then disappear completely.

Further in the book.

They call the stuff Wuhan-400 because it was developed at their RDNA labs outside the city of Wuhan and it was the 400th viable strain of man made microorganisms created at that research site.

Makes a person wonder what else they have at the lab. Right now supposedly China is contained, but the rest of the world is paying the price.

According to snopes, this is mostly false

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dean-koontz-predicted-coronavirus/

Here are a few things this “prediction” gets wrong:

-In Koontz’s novel, “Wuhan-400” is a human-made weapon. The coronavirus, on the other hand, was not.

-In the novel, “Wuhan-400” has a 100% fatality rate. While researchers are still learning about the coronavirus, the current fatality rate sits at about 2%.

-The fictional “Wuhan-400” has an extremely quick incubation period of about four hours, compared to COVID-19 which has an incubation period between two and 14 days.

#332539 - 03/27/20 01:27 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: AshleyC]
Betty Peach Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Longmont, CO
Thank you, Ashley, for fact checking this.
Betty

#332553 - 03/29/20 12:52 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
beaglebabes Offline
Santa's Helper

Yup, fiction can make it sound more damaging.

#332554 - 03/29/20 03:17 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: beaglebabes]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Originally Posted By: beaglebabes

Further in the book.

Beaglebabe, can you remove this post since it isn't true? If people only see it on the first page but don't go to page 2 they won't see that it was debunked.

#332555 - 03/29/20 07:15 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
another 30 days.....

The Whole month of April...….

I'm guessing maybe into MAY..

#332559 - 03/30/20 07:48 AM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Some states, or maybe by county, will have their restriction lifted sooner. And some later.

Stay safe everyone !!!

#332567 - 03/30/20 03:08 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
Emma Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Northern Ca.
I'm not sure that is a good idea. There are soooo many people still not following the guide lines. Stay 6ft. away from people. DON'T touch your face, PLEASE.

#332598 - 04/02/20 10:22 AM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

The Bishop for our Diocesan (Trenton) which covers central Jersey(Ocean, Monmouth, Mercer, & Burlington counties) has closed all Catholic churches completely as of 4/1.

So no work for me until they reopen.

#332601 - 04/02/20 12:44 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
88eggs Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-Coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Illinois
Catholic churches here (Peoria area) have been closed since March 21st.

Ted

#332603 - 04/02/20 01:25 PM Re: Corona Virus [Re: CorvetteElaine]
Designer Nan Offline
Elf

I live in the Diocese of Greensburg(PA)which closed all our churches....no funerals, no weddings, no baptisms, and mass for Holy Week will be televised from the Bishop. So sad...our schools are online for our district.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Moderator