YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26157 Topics
323423 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#333166 - 05/13/20 02:00 PM Koc Friday limited ornaments
Kimmie Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Hendersonville, TN USA
Does anyone know if you can get all your ornaments Friday when you pick up your limited

Thanks
Kim

#333167 - 05/13/20 04:57 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
88eggs Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-Coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Illinois
Yes, I understand it will be a regular shopping day for KOC members, but no one else can purchase ornaments.

Ted

#333168 - 05/13/20 08:48 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Alabama
Did I miss something? Are there ornaments coming out on Friday? Which ones?

#333169 - 05/13/20 08:56 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
88eggs Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-Coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Illinois
Kimmie is asking about the KOC members picking up their ornaments on Friday, July 10th, instead of waiting for Premiere on Saturday, July 11th. That's a new benefit for KOC members this year.

Ted

#333170 - 05/13/20 09:41 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
Kimmie Offline

Loc: Hendersonville, TN USA
Ted. That’s was what I thought. Thank you for letting me and others know so they can plan ahead.

Kim

Edited by Kimmie (05/13/20 09:42 PM)

#333171 - 05/13/20 11:03 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
It's my understanding that corporate stores will be doing this, but the independents can choose to do that or not. I believe that the independent store where I shop will not be participating.

If you want to take advantage of this, I'd suggest you call ahead to see if the store is participating or not.

#333172 - 05/13/20 11:14 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: 88eggs]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: 88eggs
Kimmie is asking about the KOC members picking up their ornaments on Friday, July 10th, instead of waiting for Premiere on Saturday, July 11th. That's a new benefit for KOC members this year.

Ted

This is a life saver for me because I can't get to my
store till late Saturday afternoon. This way I won't miss
out on any of the limited ornaments I want.

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#333174 - 05/14/20 07:16 AM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
JerseyVike Online   content
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Not sure if the Hallmark I shop at is doing the Friday presale, but I hope they do.

They let select customers reserve Limited Qty ornaments.

#333178 - 05/14/20 02:16 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Here's the link to the page with that information. Just look in July.
The same holds true for Debut in October.
https://www.hallmark.com/on/demandware.s...ar-benefits.pdf

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#333180 - 05/14/20 08:11 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
Santa's Helper

It states participating stores.

#333191 - 05/16/20 05:24 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

I'm going to call my store to see if they're going to participate.

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#333230 - 05/24/20 11:47 AM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: JerseyVike]
Sue Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Pasadena, Maryland
When I first learned of this I thought "at last!!! A KOC perk that really means something!!! Thank you Hallmark!!"

Sue
Pasadena, Maryland

#333235 - 05/25/20 08:06 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
Galloping_Cat Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Alabama
Thanks for the clarification. I really like this perk of membership. Glad they’re doing it this year.

#333236 - 05/25/20 08:39 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Galloping_Cat]
DeniseC Online   content
Elf VP

Loc: Sequim, Washington
My local store will not be participating in this offer. They figure it will cause too much ill will with their non KOC customers. It is too bad that they won't participate, but I do understand their point of view.

DeniseC

#333237 - 05/26/20 08:32 AM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
Santa's Helper

If anyone has a problem with KOC members getting special treatment, they should become KOC members !!!

#333238 - 05/26/20 01:50 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
DeniseC Online   content
Elf VP

Loc: Sequim, Washington
My store is primarily a hardware store that carries Hallmark cards and ornaments. They don't carry a full line of ornaments and did not accept wish lists year. They took a big loss on the last 2 year's worth of left over ornaments- they were 95% off. They don't have the "point of sale" registers and do not accept the coupons that come with the newsletters. They do accept Crown Rewards. They have remained open since they are an "essential" business. I just ordered my ornaments from our sponsor store and hope to pick up one or two at this local store.

DeniseC

#333243 - 05/26/20 11:49 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: JerseyVike]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
If anyone has a problem with KOC members getting special treatment, they should become KOC members !!!

Sorry, but no.

I have a problem with Hallmark making the limiteds essentially extra KOC exclusives. Because you know the stores that open on Friday will be sold out before Saturday because the resellers will be sold out before Saturday if nothing else.

There is nothing I am interested in in the membership. There are three limiteds I would like to get. I'm not spending that extra money - especially this year of all years when I just took a huge pay cut - to have the privileged of buying a couple of ornaments early.

#333244 - 05/27/20 12:57 AM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: carstairs38]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: carstairs38
I have a problem with Hallmark making the limiteds essentially extra KOC exclusives. Because you know the stores that open on Friday will be sold out before Saturday because the resellers will be sold out before Saturday if nothing else.

I don't believe that any store that participates in the KOC-early purchase opportunity will put all of the limiteds out on Friday. That will defeat the purpose of the limiteds, which is to get people into the store on Saturday and Sunday. I expect them to put a small percentage of them out for sale on Friday.

I read on Facebook that extra limited ornaments will be sent to stores specified by KOC members in a survey included in a recent issue of For Keeps. Those who answered the survey were asked what store they would be shopping in to purchase the limiteds they wanted and which limiteds they were looking to buy. I indicated my local club sponsor's store (they asked for the street address and strip mall name) and said I wanted one of each limited. I don't plan to buy all of them, but I decided why not indicate each one? If Hallmark does what I read they'll do that will mean one extra of those limiteds I don't want will be available for someone else. Those "extra" limiteds may be what stores put on the shelf for KOC members to purchase on that Friday but I don't know that since I'm just guessing. I don't know that stores have been told about this.

#333286 - 06/01/20 11:11 AM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Kimmie]
Heidi Offline

Loc: SC
I will have to talk to my store. I changed my mind about the vote for Snoopy ornament (I want it now) and will have to see if they can hold it for me. My family chose Premiere weekend for our annual trip to the lake instead of the week before or the week after like I submitted. I either have to leave earlier than everyone else or find someone who will pick up my stuff for me. One year I had a friend do it for me. I ended up with 2 that were mistakes (before wishlists). Don't know if she would do it again. Groveling might come into play.

#333287 - 06/01/20 02:44 PM Re: Koc Friday limited ornaments [Re: Heidi]
btowndude Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Central Valley of CA
Originally Posted By: Heidi
I will have to talk to my store. I changed my mind about the vote for Snoopy ornament (I want it now) and will have to see if they can hold it for me. My family chose Premiere weekend for our annual trip to the lake instead of the week before or the week after like I submitted. I either have to leave earlier than everyone else or find someone who will pick up my stuff for me. One year I had a friend do it for me. I ended up with 2 that were mistakes (before wishlists). Don't know if she would do it again. Groveling might come into play.

For years, the annual convention that I attended would start their convention on the Friday before Premiere. My local corporate Hallmark store would take my wish list with limiteds, pull the ornaments, and set them aside. Before I left for the convention, I bought a Hallmark gift card for the total amount of my ornaments on the wish list. While I was gone for the convention, my local corporate store officially rang up my purchases (so I got my Crown Rewards points). I often sought out a Hallmark store in the convention city and before the convention day started to buy an extra set of the Premiere limiteds. When I returned from the convention, I just had to pick up my wish list ornaments. [FYI - my locally-owned Hallmark store refused to help me out in this situation.]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator