YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1532 Members
15 Forums
26198 Topics
323835 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#333424 - 06/12/20 05:52 PM Premiere will be much different this year
VinceL Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: North Carolina
Premiere will be a very different experience this year.

I received a call from our local Hallmark store. She confirmed that they have our Wishlist, and we are #12.

For Premiere you can come in ahead of time, pay for your order and do curbside pickup starting 7/11.

If you want to come in to the store during Premiere, you must call ahead to schedule an arrival time.

She did say that the Bonus Points will be available for the entire week, not just Saturday and Sunday.

The store will be calling all Wishlist customers in a couple of weeks to see if the customers want any limited ornaments. If they are available they will set them aside and add them to your order.

I will miss standing in line early Saturday morning with 50 or so other folks waiting for the store to open. frown And, probably no cookies. cry

Maybe things will be more back to normal by Debut in October. smile

#333429 - 06/12/20 10:46 PM Re: Premiere will be much different this year [Re: VinceL]
hollyjolly Offline
Elf

Does anyone know Hallmarks return policy for ornaments that are broken or donít work? Most places are allowing no returns.

I was thinking of curbside pickup for premier but if I canít return broken ornaments I would want to fully inspect prior to purchasing. On another note I really donít want to be in the store opening boxes and inspecting.

Not sure what to do. Thoughts?

#333432 - 06/13/20 11:18 AM Re: Premiere will be much different this year [Re: VinceL]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I don't check my ornaments till I get home. The store we shop at is great with replacing ornaments.

Anybody hear any Friday night early shopping plans?

#333440 - 06/13/20 09:25 PM Re: Premiere will be much different this year [Re: JerseyVike]
VinceL Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
I don't check my ornaments till I get home. The store we shop at is great with replacing ornaments.

Same here. I learned the hard way a few years ago to visually check all ornaments and to test all magic ornaments shortly after buying them. In the past 2 years, I have had 2 ornaments that were defective. I took them back to our local store, and they were happy to exchange them.

I keep a Legacy Cord, Magic Cord, Keepsake Power Cord, and batteries in my office all year. So, I can test any magic ornaments that I buy throughout the year. I received an order of 8 ornaments today that has 2 Magic Ornaments. I will be testing them tomorrow.

#333441 - 06/13/20 10:47 PM Re: Premiere will be much different this year [Re: hollyjolly]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Originally Posted By: hollyjolly
Does anyone know Hallmarks return policy for ornaments that are broken or donít work? Most places are allowing no returns.

It's really up to each store. One store here in town announces the instant you go to buy an ornament that all ornaments are final sale and opens the boxes so you can inspect them before you walk out of the store. The store I usually shop at (which is closer to me) allows me to return ornaments for exchange weeks later. Then again, they all know me by name and I'm a good customer, so that might be part of it, too.

If you are concerned, I suggest you call your store to find out what their policy is going to be.

#333442 - 06/14/20 12:22 AM Re: Premiere will be much different this year [Re: carstairs38]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: carstairs38
Originally Posted By: hollyjolly

It's really up to each store. One store here in town announces the instant you go to buy an ornament that all ornaments are final sale and opens the boxes so you can inspect them before you walk out of the store. The store I usually shop at (which is closer to me) allows me to return ornaments for exchange weeks later. Then again, they all know me by name and I'm a good customer, so that might be part of it, too.

If you are concerned, I suggest you call your store to find out what their policy is going to be.

We all need to remember that the rules this year may be different than they have been in the past. It's hard for all of us to adjust, and the rules may be changing frequently so that makes it even harder.

#333443 - 06/14/20 07:31 AM Re: Premiere will be much different this year [Re: VinceL]
APAL2016 Offline

Loc: SC
My store is still making plans but she did say they have to start KOC Early access by 5pm Friday the 10th and they can only have 55 people in the store at once.

#333444 - 06/14/20 09:01 AM Re: Premiere will be much different this year [Re: VinceL]
Heidi Offline

Loc: SC
The store I shop with is already open. However, I will be away on vacation during the week of Premier and won't return until late that Sunday after they close. We have already worked out an action plan that includes my wish list items and limited editions. I am leaving all my coupons, reward certificates and gift cards so they can ring it up during the highest point window. I am a frequent flyer in this store and they know me well. I am treated very well and love shopping here.

I will miss the opening rush on Saturday morning. We usually only had 10 to 12 in line, but it was mostly the same ones each time. I was increasingly pleased to see more younger collectors there. That would have changed this year anyway with the Friday access. This store is doing that from noon to 6.

There is a Hallmark about 45 minutes to an hour from where we are vacationing. I might sneak over to it and see what I can see.

#333445 - 06/14/20 11:23 AM Re: Premiere will be much different this year [Re: Heidi]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: Heidi
I am leaving all my coupons, reward certificates and gift cards so they can ring it up during the highest point window.

The points values for non-KOC members are the same from July 11 - July 19. For KOC members the points are the same from July 10 - July 19. This year there is no "higher point window."

#333449 - 06/15/20 10:24 AM Re: Premiere will be much different this year [Re: VinceL]
KATIE ANN Offline
Elf VP

Loc: ST. ALBANS, WV, US
I did not see points for picking up wish list .

#333450 - 06/15/20 03:50 PM Re: Premiere will be much different this year [Re: VinceL]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Stop by the Hallmark I shop at. It was there first day open since the lockdown.

They plan to start setting up for Premiere after Fathers day.

Moderator:  Moderator