YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26234 Topics
324266 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#333541 - 06/27/20 03:32 AM What will happen with your ornaments down the road?
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
Last night my hubby said all my ornaments would be thrown away when I am gone. I just about cringed!

#333542 - 06/27/20 07:07 AM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
Heidi Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: SC
Frankly, that is not my problem. smile I have a granddaughter that will want some of them. A few series like crayola, both daughters have a sentimental attachment to. The rest will be sold or donated. I am getting rid of some, slowly. I'm not ready to dump them on the market yet. If they were trashed, I'd come back to haunt them. I am struggling with my mom's estate now and have been actually thinking about this.

#333543 - 06/27/20 08:17 AM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
pxsrdh Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: U.S.A.
My family knows to donate my collectibles to thrift stores when Iím gone or throw
them away. It really doesnít worry me. Iím just enjoying them in the here and now.

Hallmark fan,
Queli

#333544 - 06/27/20 11:28 AM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
carstairs38 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Southern California
Probably be sold for less than the few rare ones I have are worth. Hopefully, some collector will enjoy the bargain they get.

#333545 - 06/27/20 12:13 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: carstairs38]
lindafay Offline
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Duncan, OK USA
My son is not as avid collector as I am, but he does collect also. So he is aware of any with any value. And, I know there will be some that he wants. And he can do whatever he want to with the others.

Linda

#333547 - 06/27/20 05:22 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Won't matter to me.

Once I am gone.

#333548 - 06/27/20 05:52 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
Sue Ann Offline

Loc: Jenison, MI
I have a large amount of angel ornaments. I told my family to have a table at my funeral luncheon and any one who wishes could take one home as a remembrance.

#333549 - 06/27/20 08:02 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
Asking someone what's going to happen to your ornaments once your gone, right before another Ornament Premiere is like asking someone if you have a burial plot right before you have surgery.

#333550 - 06/27/20 10:11 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
Dr. Redbird Offline
Elf

If Clara Johnson Scroggins could have her ornaments go in an estate sale at some bargain basement prices, that is good enough for me, too.

#333551 - 06/28/20 01:44 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
happytocollect Offline

Loc: ID
The joke at my house is that they will put a plastic tote in the front yard and put $1.00 each sale tag on them! They do this to see me cringe. Luckily my kids know how much I enjoy my ornaments and Christmas, so I gather they will divide and then either sell or donate. My local club sponsors Ronald McDonald house so they could donate what they don't want to the house.

#333557 - 06/28/20 04:33 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
This must be the most upbeat topic ever!

#333573 - 06/29/20 09:24 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
SamIam Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Manchester, NH
It wonít matter to me, I will enjoy them now. When I find ornaments at estate sales or yard sales, thrift stores and I can tell they were part of a larger collection; I think to myself I hope I can provide a could home to it and enjoy them. The joke in my house; is that they will have a big bonfire!! My son is 20 and collects a bit, my daughter has a few special ones but overall thinks I am crazy. I have enough friends and even younger people who have seen my house at Christmas and know I would want all the ornaments to bring someone else joy is all that matters to me. I collapse my boxes and kept them basically by year in totes. My daughterís best friend says that they will have the biggest game of ďMemoryĒ and match up the boxes to the ornaments with several bottles of wine.. I told her I donít want to miss that.. so we will all have to do it together someday when I am ready to downsize.. but for now like someone said above I donít think about it during premiere, debut, open house, after christmas sales, clearance sales in January, yard sales, estate sales, or weekly trips to Goodwill!! ( or when they come out at Kohls)

#333574 - 06/29/20 10:09 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
I'm going to make a list of specific series or other ornaments and who I want them to go to. That will go with my will.

I'm going to tell them if they break up my series I'm coming back. I suspect most of them know I'm serious about that part. I don't make idle threats.

#333585 - 07/02/20 12:07 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
KittyKat Offline
Elf

Loc: Willowick Ohio
I have also been asked what will happen to my precious ornaments when I'm gone. My kids tell me they are going to give them out every Halloween until they are gone. One of two things will happen. The kids will stop coming because they don't want them. Or......The parents will start lining up to collect them. Either way it's a win for them. As for me.....I just tell them that's their problem not mine when I'm gone and until I'm gone they should just enjoy seeing my face light up every time I get a new one. Life is about enjoying it while your above ground and not under it. I just love the look on their faces when I tell them I'm looking forward to this year's ornament premiere. LMAO

#333743 - 07/09/20 05:16 PM Re: What will happen with your ornaments down the road? [Re: beaglebabes]
sugarshadow Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
mine will probably be donated...I'm told I should sell them, but i don't want to... I still put up my trees and I'm not going anywhere soon...

Moderator:  Moderator