YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Forum Stats
1562 Members
15 Forums
26881 Topics
331018 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#33465 - 10/06/07 09:07 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
Debut was somewhat quiet at my sponsor store where I helped out for a couple of hours this morning. She sold out of all the limiteds via preorders so none even made it to the shelves. The only one I wanted was the blue Lightning McQueen which my club sponsor was able to hold for me so I could pick it up with the rest of my preorder. I stopped off at another Hallmark on my way home and they had all of the limiteds except the Crayola Snowman. Someone bought the last KCC while I was in the store but they had everything else including plenty of the Wedgwood ball, Kitchen Angel, Father Christmas, tractors, reindeer, etc.

Snowy Mountain Lodge looked like it was selling pretty well at both stores. I'm trying to resist this one but who knows how long I'll last as it's a terrific ornament. My sponsor store was also sold out of the piano and low on the jukebox. Of the October releases, the ones that went quickly was the recliner and Grumpy Before Coffee but they're getting another shipment in next week.

------------------
A meaningful life is built on purpose.

#33466 - 10/06/07 09:13 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Santa Girl Offline
Elf VP

Loc: San Diego, CA
Hi,

I started at 7:30 a.m. today and was off to six stores. None of them were what I would call busy. Three stores had my orders ready for me to pick up. The first store that I went to is always the best, all limiteds are out on the floor for customers to pick up (rather than behind the counter) and they always have great treats, as well as some type of drawing.

I hope Hallmark had a good day!

Renee'

#33467 - 10/06/07 09:30 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
lindafay Online   content
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Duncan, OK USA
I got everything that I planned on today, plus some! I wasn't interested in any of the limiteds, so I didn't pay attention to how many were left. What I did notice in short supply though was the the Winter Park collection. I never got around to putting in a pre-order for Debut and the owner let club members in 30 minutes before opening to the public, so she must have had pre-orders for all but the displays since I got those. And, she couldn't find the box for one of them. By the time that I got home, I had a message on my machine that they had found the box and would hold it for me.

Linda

[This message has been edited by lindafay (edited 10-06-2007).]

#33468 - 10/06/07 10:09 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Thanks for your comments on what to look for on some of the ornaments. I'm hoping to get to make a quick trip to the store where I turned in my preorder on Sunday after my dad's second surgery in about 4 days and before we head back to Indy. (He had his right hip replaced Wednesday and is having a complication caused by the doctor trying to stretch that leg to match his left leg that was longer after he got a new hip 4 1/2 years ago.)

My mom was worried about her local store holding things for her since she figured she wouldn't make it there this weekend (those people at that store could learn a lot from a course on good customer service), so I had her turn in a preorder form at my local store. When she told me that she thought she'd leave the hospital for a while this afternoon, I suggested she go to that store and get her ornaments. So she did and laughed when one of my friends said to tell me hello. I'm glad she went so she could look at her ornaments tonight when she was winding down before another long day at the hospital with my dad.

We spent the afternoon at a college football game (we'd been planning this for months, and although our team lost it was a great game) and didn't have time to get to the Hallmark store after we stopped by the hospital to check on my parents.

#33469 - 10/06/07 10:16 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
I went to two stores today. Creations sent out postcards saying that "special" customers could buy HMK ornaments between 8-10 am today only. I arrived at 9:15 wanting to see why the store opened so early. I still don't know. There were some cookies, juice, Starbuck's in their travel containers. Very few customers though I was told there was a line at 8 am. I only bought a Halloween set to replace the ones my cleaning lady broke!

The second store had little muffins, coffee, juice and super carmel corn. They also had a drawing. The prizes were last year's ornaments!!! Even a 2006 Halloween ornament!
Guess they planned this way ahead because these ornaments never made it to the "sale" shelves.

I bought a few ornaments, mostly for gifts.

#33470 - 10/07/07 07:01 AM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Loo-Ann Allen Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Summerfield,Fl. U S.A
I had a fun day.
I was at my first Hallmark at 9:00 A.M. and my husband was to get off work and meet me by 9:30 A.M. at the store but he did not show up so by 10:00 I ended up buying Santa's Jukebox being they only had 3 on the shelf and I bought Kitchen Angel.
I showed our KOC cards being they were making up their own little goodie bags.
Inside bag was Thanksgiving and fall stickers, cute photo small booklet to put your photos in, face little tissue and red plastic candle with clear flame that has two batteries in it and when turned on flickers yellow.
I filled out a drawing slip for both of us.
They had bagels and cream cheese with nuts and a sweet spread on it to put on your bagels.
I told them if my husband showed up to tell him I went to his work to look for him and then was going to their 2nd Hallmark store.

He was not at work so went on to 2nd store and he was at that store saying he just missed me.
They had same food, drawing and goodie bag but we got same photo booklet and I got a jar with red filled candle in it and Robert got a green filled candle. It had paper on top of jar saying Time & Again crackling wick scent with a comforting sound.
This store was holding Rainbow Snowman for me and I also bought Colorful Dreams and Toast for Two.
Robert bought the mini sets of Dancing Friends and Green Thumb Gardening ornaments.
They were out of Cookie Season mini set that I was looking for and could have bought at first store.
Also both stores were out of Spooky Lights Tea light holders that I had a card in the mail for a free one if I bought $30

We came home and I said to Robert before we go to D&J's Hallmark in Dade City one hour away lets call them to see if they have the Cookie Season mini set and if they don't have it we will have to call the first store.
Will they had it and I had them put it on hold for me along with the train mini set.

We got to D&J's and they had all kinds of food that the owner makes at all the Hallmark events.
She had a hot dip made with meat, cheese and other things in it, corn chips to dip up the dip, 7 layer salad, little weenies in sauce, chocolate trifle, strawberry angel trifle, pecan pie bars, mini cupcakes, crackers, with ham spread to put on crackers, and punch.

The manager always has fun games for us to play this time she made out of paper 45 size records that they put around their store that we were to look for and mark down what it was by we had 10 to look for.
Then they had a Trivia from Past decades.
I will do the first one for you they had like 10 to do.
1. Popular clothing items in the 50's were:
S-----------shoes
B-----------socks
P----------dress/skirt

The girls that worked at the store they had order for them pink poodle skirts.
The girls were giving everyone a plastic peace cymbal necklace that had 3 or 4 colors mixed together and a red string to hold on around your neck.

I bought some of the ornaments that came out in July.
Robert bought the two mini sets of ornaments we put on hold and they had the Halloween spooky tea light holders left and I gave him a print out that he got on his email from Hallmark but he came back and said you could not get it free you had to buy 3 cards and pay $6.95 so he ask for my card in the mail that I got that was for free so I gave it to him.

They also had at the front a basket with plastic things in it and I picked out a free small purple smiley face coin purse that you squeeze together to open and it also had a chain on it.

Hallmark if you are reading this how come my husband did not get any of the U.S. post office mailings of October Debut he only get's an email about them?
I like having his mailing to cut up to put the pictures of ornaments that are not in the Dream book in my note book that has baseball card holders and keep my mailings in a folder that I don't cut.

Loo-Ann

#33471 - 10/07/07 07:54 AM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Barbara C:

Deana, I picked up a couple of the Blue Lighting
Cars, however, I notice someone else got them for you. That is ok, I will go back tomorrow and trade them back for other ornaments.

Barbara, I will pay for the ones you picked up as I don't want to leave you holding them. I asked you to try and find them so I don't want you to get "stuck" with them or have to trade them back to the store for something you don't really want or need. I'm certain I can find homes for them with gifts to nephews or something. I really appreciate you picking those up. As many here know I buy two of almost every Disney ornament for my kids collections and I was a bit worried I might not get any of this one so I'd rather have four than none. Thanks, Barbara~! Send me an email with your address so I can send you a check or money order.

Deana

#33472 - 10/07/07 02:06 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Marilyn K Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
My favorite Hallmark store opened at 8:00 am yesterday. I had turned in a wish list and they had pulled everything I had on it. Bought all the exclusives except for the 2 deers and wedgewood one. I also bought the storage box. They had cookies and something to drink. This was the only store in my area that opened that early.

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." --Charles Dickens

#33473 - 10/07/07 02:28 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Idaho
I worked for one of my local club sponsors yesterday. Since she was going to be out of town she was worried that the local club members wouldn't feel at ease so she asked me to step in. Well, there wasn't much for me to do so I started stocking shelves.

The limiteds were behind the counter and there were still plenty of all when I left around 12:30.

I asked the manager what had been selling well. She said Candy Cane Lane and Ralphy had been doing really well but nothing really stood out as a knock out seller.

It was slow and there wasn't anything fun in the way of Debut, only a small table with cut up danishes and juice.

Stacey

#33474 - 10/07/07 02:42 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Anonymous
Unregistered

Haven't gone to the Hallmark store yet as wasn't feeling well yesterday. Wondered if people are liking the Kitchen angel or not? Might have to send my hubby to pick up my bag so won't see it til he brings it back. Can't tell much from a picture! She looks sort of cute, but not sure.

#33475 - 10/07/07 02:48 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
julia Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Oxford, PA 19363
 Quote:
Originally posted by rcarp45:
Haven't gone to the Hallmark store yet as wasn't feeling well yesterday. Wondered if people are liking the Kitchen angel or not? Might have to send my hubby to pick up my bag so won't see it til he brings it back. Can't tell much from a picture! She looks sort of cute, but not sure.

I liked her! But, I like those type of ornaments that use utensils in a clever way---Cookie Doe and Chocolate Moose. I also love angels. She was cute to me, but I think I read another post that didn't care for it too much. It will look great on my food tree.

#33476 - 10/07/07 04:01 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Anonymous
Unregistered

Only went to one store yesterday. Arrived around 10:00. It was very low key. Only two other customers in the store and they weren't looking at ornaments.

All the limited were available. There were 3-4 of each.

For the regular ornaments, nothing appeared to be sold out or in limited supply.

I picked up Chatty Cathy, holiday barbie, the barbie dreamhouse, and Linus.

#33477 - 10/07/07 04:18 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Kathy from FL Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Seminole, FL USA
Went to my club store today! They were out of the specials, but mine were in my bag, so I wasn't worried!! Then when I got home the other club called and asked if I was coming to get my ornies. I said I just got home and it's 50 min away, so she took my credit card and is holding it for me for our next meeting!! That was really nice!

The only thing with having 4 stores holding ornies for me I didn't write all of them down!! LOL So, I have a mustang and a blue lightning extra! E-mail me if you want these!!

Not that I wanted any but none of the stores had any refreshments!

#33478 - 10/07/07 04:54 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Val Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

I went back this afternoon because I forgot to pick up Linus. Unfortunately, they were out. They will be getting in another shipment though. I didn't get a chance to look at the jukebox yesterday and so I thought I'd get that today also. I ended up not buying it - I just don't like it. I sure wish the player piano was less money.

#33479 - 10/07/07 05:10 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, passed on the Kitchen Angel, and decided to get the Kringlewood farms ornament and 2 others to get the special price, but, they were all gone! Also didn't have the fox and the hound, so just bought Beaver Bob. Really wanted the Kringlewood farms one. Another store is also out of it, but said they had lots of the limited ones, so guess they aren't all that limited!

#33480 - 10/07/07 06:48 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Anonymous
Unregistered

mine was good--i was one of the first ones at my store. i only walked away with two, though. i wasn't planning on getting the see 'n say, but after i saw it, i had to have it!! i was planning on getting colorful dreams (mouse in crayon box), but after i saw it, i decided to pass. i just didn't think it was as cute on the pictures for some reason. ?? i did get the rainbow snowman limited. he's adorable!! soooo much better in person than the picture.

i would love to have the kringlewood farms set, but i just can't get myself to do it...maybe i'll get lucky, and they'll have some after christmas. my store had quite a few left tonight.

[This message has been edited by sprock21 (edited 10-07-2007).]

#33481 - 10/07/07 07:06 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't get to go until today. I visited 3 stores looking for Chatty Cathy. The first 2 were sold out, so I went to our Hallmark in the mall. They had 3 left and I bought 2 of them, one for my sister, who still has her old Chatty Cathy, and one for me. I hope Hallmark makes a Chatty Baby next year as that's what I had when I was young.
None of the 3 stores were doing anything, no games, no specials, no treats...

#33482 - 10/07/07 07:34 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Marilyn K Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I went up to the local Hallmark in the mall and ended up buying four of the Winter Park ornaments. These are really nice.

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." --Charles Dickens

#33483 - 10/07/07 08:18 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
KarenG Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
I went to my neighborhood Hallmark at 8am yesterday. I was probably the 4th person in the door and got the two limited I wanted (Crayola Snowman and Mustang). If I had come in 10 minutes later, though, I wouldn't have gotten them. The store had the limiteds in a separate display and they went fast. There were 6 ea. of the snowman and the mustang on the shelf, although the store might have pulled a few as pre-orders. I got all of the ornaments I wanted -- one of which was the only Airstream on the shelf. By the time I left the store at 8:30, there were probably 20 people there, which is a lot for that store. They had coffee and orange juice, plus cookies and mini-donuts. I was on my way to the gym, so I stopped after one donut. I spent more money at debut than I did at Premier because a lot of the ornaments on my "must have" list were October releases.

#33484 - 10/07/07 09:42 PM Re: Ornament Debut Experience 2007
Bepes Offline

Loc: Dover, OH
I went to my favorite Hallmark store. Unfortunately, they did not have the 5 piece train set. So, after purchasing my limiteds and a couple others, I decided to travel a little further to my second favorite Hallmark store. I am so glad that I did.

All the employees were dressed in orange and they were offering 20% off anything in the store that was orange -- ornaments included! If the ornaments had a speck of orange, it was included. Do you realize how many ornaments have something orange? A lot! I goes without saying that I spent way more than I ever would have.

I was so involved in finding any ornament that had orange in it that I forgot to purchase the jukebox ornament. I am confident that I will be able to pick it up this week.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Moderator