YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
2 registered (RCarp, 1 invisible), 87 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1553 Members
15 Forums
26676 Topics
329079 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#338403 - 08/23/21 03:42 PM 7 Hallmark stores in my area are now Paper Stores
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
With only 2 Hallmark chain stores left in my area. The one closest to my house and 6 more have been purchased by the Paper Store.

I was wondering if anyone know what kind of after Christmas sales they have.

The old chain went 50%, then 75%, then what ever was left was $2. an ornament.

#338404 - 08/23/21 04:50 PM Re: 7 Hallmark stores in my area are now Paper Stores [Re: susan in florida]
88eggs Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-Coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Illinois
The Amy's Hallmark nearest me (which would now be my local store, since my hometown store closed) just changed its name to Little Green Apple.

Ted

#338405 - 08/23/21 05:52 PM Re: 7 Hallmark stores in my area are now Paper Stores [Re: susan in florida]
dragon Offline
Elf VP

Loc: MA
Originally Posted By: susan in florida

Hey Susan, over the past several years all the Hallmark stores around me have either closed or changed over to The Paper Stores. Assuming they all operate the same, the day after Christmas most ornaments would go 50% off. Eventually whatever doesn't sell makes it to a shelf on the back wall at 75%, I'm not sure I've ever seen them go to $2, but I could be wrong.

The stores themselves are very nice, they do everything that my old Hallmark stores did such as wish lists, events, coupons (such as the one free card per month etc).

The one big difference has been that although you can earn Gold Crown points for everything, and you can spend your Gold Crown certificates on anything, they DO NOT accept Hallmark Gift Cards.

Now, the family chain was bought out last fall by a group of development investors so I don't know if this, or any of the other policies, have changed or not.

Hope this helps!

Karen

#338409 - 08/24/21 11:27 AM Re: 7 Hallmark stores in my area are now Paper Stores [Re: 88eggs]
Nina Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Naperville, IL
Originally Posted By: 88eggs
The Amy's Hallmark nearest me (which would now be my local store, since my hometown store closed) just changed its name to Little Green Apple.

Ted

Ted - I just noticed that my receipt from last week had "Little Green Apple" instead of Amy's on it. I wonder if more than one Amy's in Illinois is changing or if we shop at the same store. It was at the Hallmark store near Amazon Fresh in Naperville.

Nina

#338410 - 08/24/21 11:05 PM Re: 7 Hallmark stores in my area are now Paper Stores [Re: susan in florida]
Dr. Redbird Offline
Elf

That is interesting, Nina. I frequent the Amy's just south of your store on Route 59. I shopped there over the weekend and will look at my receipt in the morning to see if they have changed their name and will report tomorrow.

#338411 - 08/24/21 11:09 PM Re: 7 Hallmark stores in my area are now Paper Stores [Re: susan in florida]
88eggs Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-Coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Illinois
Nina; The store I shopped at is in Eastland Mall in Bloomington, Illinois.

Ted

#338431 - 08/30/21 02:47 PM Re: 7 Hallmark stores in my area are now Paper Stores [Re: susan in florida]
Dr. Redbird Offline
Elf

Sorry it took a few days, but my receipt still says Amy's Hallmark. I will check in with them again soon.

#338756 - 09/29/21 11:02 PM Re: 7 Hallmark stores in my area are now Paper Stores [Re: susan in florida]
Dr. Redbird Offline
Elf

My store became a Little Green Apple store yesterday.

#338764 - 09/30/21 11:20 AM Re: 7 Hallmark stores in my area are now Paper Stores [Re: dragon]
Qui-gon Grin Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Third rock from Sol
Originally Posted By: dragon
Originally Posted By: susan in florida

Hey Susan, over the past several years all the Hallmark stores around me have either closed or changed over to The Paper Stores. Assuming they all operate the same, the day after Christmas most ornaments would go 50% off. Eventually whatever doesn't sell makes it to a shelf on the back wall at 75%, I'm not sure I've ever seen them go to $2, but I could be wrong.

The stores themselves are very nice, they do everything that my old Hallmark stores did such as wish lists, events, coupons (such as the one free card per month etc).

The one big difference has been that although you can earn Gold Crown points for everything, and you can spend your Gold Crown certificates on anything, they DO NOT accept Hallmark Gift Cards.

Now, the family chain was bought out last fall by a group of development investors so I don't know if this, or any of the other policies, have changed or not.

Hope this helps!

Karen

There is one Paper Store in my area and I agree with and have had the same experiences as Dragon. Though I have never had a Hallmark gift card, so I can't comment on that, though I would think the experience would be similar. I have also never seen ornaments for $2 anywhere in my area. Though at the 2005 premier my store was selling left over (I assume) 2004 ornaments for $1. I never saw so many Barry Bonds ornaments then at that time.

Edited by Qui-gon Grin (09/30/21 11:22 AM)

Moderator:  Moderator