YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 59 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Forum Stats
1560 Members
15 Forums
26863 Topics
330804 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#339359 - 11/22/21 07:53 PM Hallmark online costume event
susan in florida Offline
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Is anyone going to enter the online Hallmark costume event??????

#339401 - 11/29/21 08:24 AM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: susan in florida]
steffinie Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Elkhart, Indiana
Hi, Susan! smile

Susan, did you participate in the Hallmark KOC Online Event Costume Contest?

I must say that I did send in a submission a while back ... I dressed up as an exact replica of the 1996 "MAXINE" ornament in the "Favorite Hallmark Character" category.

Yuleloggers, I would truly appreciate it if you would vote for me! smile

And, a special "Thank You!" to my mother, Connie, for when she helped sew my outfit, especially sewing all of those green Christmas trees onto the dress itself! I think I owe her one of the Mrs. Claus's Sewing Cabinet ornaments next year when they are available! wink

Stephanie

#339402 - 11/29/21 09:09 AM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

I did enter. I have entered ever costume contest since my first convention in 1993. I do not sew so it is SIMPLE and EASY.

I never have any illusions of winning. It's just something fun to do.

I have two KOC accounts and we are allowed to enter in both- SO I'm Mrs Claus and A Snowman.

I look forward to seeing the pictures.

#339413 - 11/30/21 07:04 AM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: susan in florida]
steffinie Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: susan in florida
I did enter. I have entered ever costume contest since my first convention in 1993. I do not sew so it is SIMPLE and EASY.

I never have any illusions of winning. It's just something fun to do.

I have two KOC accounts and we are allowed to enter in both- SO I'm Mrs Claus and A Snowman.

I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Susan, if your entries are in a different category, I will vote for you as Mrs. Claus and/or Snowman ... Looking forward to seeing all of the entries in a few days!

Good luck to everyone to win a prize and/or the costume contest! smile

Stephanie

#339415 - 11/30/21 09:26 AM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: susan in florida]
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
How does one vote?

#339498 - 12/05/21 06:36 PM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

there was 23 enteries in the contest.

I guess everyone that entered will get the $15. hallmark gift card.

#339504 - 12/05/21 07:35 PM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: debbieg]
beaglebabes Offline
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper

Loc: WI
We don't vote. It is Hallmark's decision.

#339508 - 12/05/21 07:56 PM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: susan in florida]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
My great-nephew is Milo Nichols, the winner of the Keepsake Kids category. My mom and I watched the video after my brother, the proud grandpa, called to see if we'd seen it yet. We haven't watched all of it but I plan to in the next couple of days and I'll set it up for my mom to watch the videos too.

#339511 - 12/06/21 07:48 AM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: debbieg]
steffinie Offline
Elf VP

Originally Posted By: debbieg
How does one vote?

I guess since I last posted that Hallmark changed the format ... At one time, they mentioned something about people voting throughout the days leading up to the costume contest, they would pick the top five to get the most votes, and then they would be considered in the final vote.

However, Hallmark changed it to "no voting" and had a panel of judges determine the winners. Both categories of "Favorite Keepsake" and "Favorite Licensed Character" had ties for 2nd place, and one 1st place winner.

Congratulations to all of the winners again!!! You certainly outdid yourselves with the talent to create some amazing costumes! smile

Milo was certainly adorable dressed as a North Pole Tree Trimmer elf, Nancy!

It was fun dressing up again as Maxine and just be a participant ... The most competition was in the "Favorite Keepsake" ornament category with 10 entries. The 2nd place winners were REPAINT North Pole Tree Trimmer from 2019 and 2021 Nutcracker Sweet "Waltz of the Flower"!! First place went to 2021 Gnome for Christmas!!

Stephanie

P.S. - Susan, you were so cute in your Mrs. Claus as well as Frosty the Snowman outfits! grin

#339513 - 12/06/21 11:48 AM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: susan in florida]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
My local club was the one who supposedly had the "Trim the Tree" party that the four Hallmark artists crashed, with the video shown on Saturday. We filmed it last Monday.

Hallmark showed up at 2 and our club was to be there at 4. They made themselves right at home - they went and got the vacuum cleaner and some other things!

I can be seen in the part where a group is cheering by ending with "we trimmed the tree!" I'm on the right end in the black sweater. You can see my hand when you see Terri Steiger's tabletop nutcracker (we talked more than that) and I'm checking out in the background of when the four artists "check out" the customer (a member of my local club).

The family that's featured is one that showed up to shop and they aren't members of my local club.

My local club had our Christmas party this past Sunday so I took my laptop and showed them the video. I also showed off the part of the costume contest video with Milo. I told them that Milo's grandma (my sister-in-law Patty) and his great-grandma (my mom) are both members of my club.

Hallmark contacted us a couple of weeks before about making the video with them. We got to get our Trim the Tree purchases with all of the bonus things that day for participating. I picked up my mom's purchase but went back to get mine later.

#339520 - 12/06/21 05:53 PM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

I saw you RIGHT AWAY!!!!

WHAT FUN!!!

#339609 - 12/21/21 07:11 PM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

I got my $15. Hallmark gift card in the mail yesterday.

#339640 - 12/27/21 03:16 PM Re: Hallmark online costume event [Re: susan in florida]
susan in florida Offline
Santa's Helper

I used that gift card on 50% off on ornaments. Now I have two nice ornaments as my gift.

Moderator:  Moderator