YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Forum Stats
1578 Members
15 Forums
27276 Topics
334393 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#344298 - 10/19/23 09:33 AM YuleLog For Web Updates
starguy2003 Offline
Elf in Training

Loc: Kentucky
I have tried to email Sean, but no reply for weeks.

Just wondering how often updates will occur to the web version of YuleLog. I'm placing ornaments that are awaiting inclusion into the web version into a bag. I've had to upsize the bag twice now. Some items came out of the blue, like the archive releases, but some have been known for some time, like the SE 2023 50th anniversary Sweet Decade. I had hopes the web version would be more nimble with adding new items and adjusting market values.

Of particular concern I have about the web version is you cannot edit any fields and you cannot add custom items. I just purchased most of the 2023 Signature ornaments and I have no way to add them to the web version. I added them to my 2022 Yulelog version manually, as I have done the regular 2023 line (I never received the free copy of the 2023 Yulelog download as promised for purchasing the web version). I also cannot find a way to show my collection in list view in the web version and cannot seem to sort the entire collection by year or alphabetically.

I do like the web version, but I hope it's functionality will improve.

#344510 - 11/13/23 08:06 PM Re: YuleLog For Web Updates [Re: starguy2003]
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: starguy2003
Just wondering how often updates will occur to the web version of YuleLog. I'm placing ornaments that are awaiting inclusion into the web version into a bag. I've had to upsize the bag twice now. Some items came out of the blue, like the archive releases, but some have been known for some time, like the SE 2023 50th anniversary Sweet Decade. I had hopes the web version would be more nimble with adding new items and adjusting market values.

If you're looking for the 2023 50th anniversary Sweet Decade (item number QXC5622) I found it in my price guide for the web-based version which should be what you're seeing also. I checked the entries on the list for Sean to add to the price guides (both legacy and web-based) before Sean released the version this past summer and I found this on that list. If you're looking for the club-exclusive version that finally shipped in October I didn't find it on the list, probably because there wasn't enough information like item number available at the time. Obviously we had the picture and the price. I try really hard to get everything in there that we know about since there is usually only one update a year, and sometimes things fall into the cracks. I can see that I added things that had been missed for several years like the Mayor's Christmas Tree ornaments. I will be going through the Yulelog price guide to see what's missing for the ornaments but I don't know that I'll be doing other collectibles included in there like Merry Miniatures and Kiddie Car Classics. I'm making a note to myself to add the 50th anniversary club piece so it gets added in the upcoming update. Sean hasn't committed to an update schedule for the web-version and I believe will continue to do the legacy version in late summer, giving him time to work on the announced entries included in the Dream Book and club publications for things like Comic Con ornaments.

Originally Posted By: starguy2003
Of particular concern I have about the web version is you cannot edit any fields and you cannot add custom items. I just purchased most of the 2023 Signature ornaments and I have no way to add them to the web version. I added them to my 2022 Yulelog version manually, as I have done the regular 2023 line (I never received the free copy of the 2023 Yulelog download as promised for purchasing the web version). I also cannot find a way to show my collection in list view in the web version and cannot seem to sort the entire collection by year or alphabetically.

I do like the web version, but I hope it's functionality will improve.

I too have issues with the functionality of the web-version of Yulelog. It's hard when you take a program that has been developed over 20 years and has already been through one rewrite to duplicate the functionality from the get-go. Sean wanted to get the web-version out soon so he started with basic functionality. This way he's got people using it and can work his way through issues as people find them without having delayed the availability until he had more features and functionality in place. I'm hoping he develops the program to do the things you described because those are things that I want to see also. I hope you're letting him know that you want that functionality and that other people do the same. You can use his EMail to do that, and you can also post on the Yulelog Facebook page so that others know what you're telling Sean. I know that he plans to add an Android version of the web-version since many people have asked for that.

Sean has recently told me that he plans to issue an update soon for the web-version. I don't know what functionality will be added, but I have been working on gathering barcodes so that the web-version will have more items in the price guide with an associated barcode so you can scan the item and have the price guide bring up the entry/entries associated with that barcodes, saving you the need to do a search. There is one issue with using barcode scanning that is causing Sean to have to figure out how to handle: from 1990-1994 barcodes were not unique to each item and were associated with the price of the ornament. Some barcodes were used for several years and some were just used for one year for all ornaments that were the same price.

If you want me to ask him to contact you about the free download please PM me your EMail address and I'll do that. He often answers my EMails faster than other people's and I've had success following up with him to help others when their EMails go unanswered.

Feel free to PM me with any other issues you have and I'll be glad to help as much as I can.