YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (Elfie7), 82 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26326 Topics
325459 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#38530 - 06/10/02 06:24 PM Re: OT "Trading Spaces"
Stephanie Marshall Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Indiana
Loved reading your posts - I watch ground force, changing rooms etc here - we also have one called home front. One of the designers is named Lawrence and he has curly long black hair and wears clothes that look like Lord Byron! He is also on the British changing rooms .Usually I like alot of his ideas but today he designed the room with zebra striped panels and the couple hated it -they were going to paint it over in white paint asap. The Brits call them the DIY shows -the funny thing is that they are so popular that they have had an impact on the housing market- so many home owners are copying ideas they see on tv that their houses are selling for under market value - the designs do not sell to buyers . It's nice to know that when I move back to the States I can still seee my shows ! Steph

#38531 - 06/10/02 07:31 PM Re: OT "Trading Spaces"
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Speaking of Amy Wynn & Ty's make-overs, if you go to the Discovery channel's site, pick TLC & then Trading Spaces, they have photos of the various outfits they tried before coming up with their finished look. Interesting.

------------------
Karen W2 - Oceanside, CA.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#38532 - 06/10/02 08:38 PM Re: OT "Trading Spaces"
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too am hooked on these shows. I like Changing Rooms more than Trading Places because they have some really whacko ideas and colors. That Lawrence guy has really done some strange things. Like the time he made the Wardrobe look like a Puppet Theatre. On Trading Places I like Laurie and Frank. I wouldn't let Hilde, Vern or Doug near my house. I think every one of them has a thing about ceiling fans. I think I have only seen one fan left alone. I also like Ground Force. I wish they would come and do my backyard for me. They always look great and they have such dinky ugly yards to start out with. I also watch Designer's Challenge, Designing For the Sexes and House Hunters. They spend too much money in Designer's Challenge and Designing For The Sexes. I wish House Hunters would tell how much the houses cost that the people buy. Of course most of those houses are in California and we would probably faint if we knew how much that they did cost. Oh well, I must have watched too many of those shows because I am in the middle of recdecorating.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Moderator