YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (phoenix), 74 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Stats
1531 Members
15 Forums
26157 Topics
323420 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4192 - 01/02/05 08:01 AM Next year.....
CorvetteElaine Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Ohio
Edited! Title should be THIS YEAR!!

Well some of you have all your stuff down, some have it up, and some (Terri) are still decorating! So what are you saying to yourself about your 2005 plans or changes, new ideas etc? I'm planning an all Santa tree, for garland, I want to do skating ornaments in one part, one section snowmen (unless I do a whole snowman tree) My husband just keeps saying "take notes".

Now with stuff on sale it's so much fun to think of new "themes" or changes, & I like to make a few new themes or changes every year.

[This message has been edited by CorvetteElaine (edited 01-02-2005).]

#4193 - 01/02/05 08:42 AM Re: Next year.....
Cathy_Tex Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Houston TX
OK, Elaine, we're going to expect to see pictures of that snowman tree next year! I love themed trees, wreaths, garlands etc. Next year I plan to put all my Nostalgic Houses & Shops on a tree. I wanted to do it this year, because my collection outgrew the wreath that I always put them on, but I didn't have the right tree to do it with this year. I took care of that problem when I went to Hobby Lobby after Christmas and bought a skinny prelit tree.

#4194 - 01/02/05 08:44 AM Re: Next year.....
hmarklover Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: West Virginia
Great minds think alike! I, too, am planning on an all Santa tree next year. I've purchased several items with that in mind. I haven't figured out what to do or how to display all the ornaments my grandchildren love.(I don't have room for 2 big trees.) Like your husband said, I am making notes!

Barbara

#4195 - 01/02/05 01:14 PM Re: Next year.....
sueinBC Offline
Elf VP

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I am looking for a new table for my foyer and then I will use it for a nativity themed display.

This is the time of year when I "fiddle around" with new ideas and then I do make notes so that I remember come next November and I am more pressed for time.

Yesterday I created a snowman wreath to see if I liked the look of it. It passed the family test: my hubby, without being asked, said it looked good! Of course, my daughter noticed that I had taken all of the snowmen off the tree so there were holes there!

------------------
Sue, Surrey,B.C.

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly."
-G.K. Chesterton

"Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly."
-G.K. Chesterton

#4196 - 01/02/05 02:35 PM Re: Next year.....
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
We have a small white fiber optic tree and I will put the miniature ornaments on that next year. If I get another small tree, I will try to put only Fairies and Angels on the white tree. I have the Hallmark Nativity set with Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the Magi and the Shepards under this tree now. I would like to spruce it up next year. That is the reason I am considering an Angel and Fairy tree.

As for the large tree, I am going to disperse the miniatures into the tree, rather than placing them at the top portion. I am looking at it now and can see the open spaces once the tree settled.

#4197 - 01/02/05 03:32 PM Re: Next year.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I keep wanting to do a table-top Arizona tree. I keep looking around for some kind of unique tree base, like a cactus skeleton or something, but haven't found anything I like. I saw something this year at the "Christmas idea house". It was a regular evergreen tree, decorated with copper colored balls (shiny and matte) and copper ribbon. So, I may try that next year with a basic Target 3' tree. I have lots of ornies for the tree, most are not Hallmark, but a few are. Does anyone remember the terra cotta Jolly Santa and Sweet Song from 1995? I also have mini Indian pots, pewter Kachinas, a Grand Canyon postage stamp ornie, and some other cute stuff that just doesn't meld with the traditional Santa/toy ornies on the big tree. so, we'll see if I can find the copper balls and ribbon next year. I may ask for some help from the Yuleloggers if I can't find them.

#4198 - 01/02/05 04:17 PM Re: Next year.....
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
For Christmas 2004, I had a full-size food tree for the first year ever and loved having it (it was so "me"), The rest of my themes were Mary Engelbreit, Peanuts and snowmen so it was rather cutesy. For 2005, I may rotate my decorations and switch to more elegant themes, i.e. my Radkos, Olde World Christmas and angel & nativity ornaments. I think I'll still do a food tree though since I liked that the most out of all my decorations.

------------------
I tried a dessert called "Death by Chocolate" but it only made me stronger.

#4199 - 01/02/05 08:48 PM Re: Next year.....
Dee Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Raytown, MO USA
Well, I keep getting lots of food ornaments so hoping to do something in the kitchen. I don't have that much space so everytime I think of something, I think no don't want to hang a wreath there because ornaments might fall in the garbage disposal.

I wanted to hang a wreath horizontal from the light fixture, but my husband said it wasn't strong enough. Shh.. I found a much smaller and lighter one at Target the other day...hee hee hee...

I'm hoping to get rid of a lot of kids things in the basement this summer (hear that Hannah, they are going!) so definitely more decorations downstairs.

But, with all that said we may be moving to a larger house so think of the possibilities!! I was even thinking maybe I should buy an extra tree this year just in case!

#4200 - 01/02/05 09:55 PM Re: Next year.....
MSHMK Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Oklahoma
Let's see...I'm hoping to do a Disney tree. I haven't done that theme since my son was very little. I also hope to find some green lights on a white cord for one of my white trees. I really like the look of white trees with colored lights on them. With all blue lights, it makes the tree look cold and wintery, with red/pink lights, it makes it resemble candy, with multi colored lights, it gives it wonderful color - - so I'm hoping to find those elusive GREEN ones this year and do a tree with some theme on it.

Terri
who doesn't really know how many trees she REALLY has!
LOL

#4201 - 01/03/05 06:34 PM Re: Next year.....
mel-gregory Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Valencia, CA
I got a good idea from a restaurant here in town (The Elephant Bar). They decorated their indoor palm trees with green lights on the fronds and white lights on the trunks. I also have a small indoor palm tree and decided that next year, I will put green lights on the branches and white on the bottom (I used all white lights this year). Not that that is so exciting, but at least it's something different.

------------------
Melissa
Black Belt Mom

Melissa
Black Belt Mom

#4202 - 01/03/05 07:28 PM Re: Next year.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm hoping to have a all white tree with green lights and grinch ornaments on it. I was lucky enough to get one of those 5' grinches that sings and have a great place to sit a tree next to it. Any ideas on a cute garland?

#4203 - 01/06/05 10:43 AM Re: Next year.....
debbieg Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Arlington,TX
About two years ago I decided to take all of my son's Star Wars ornaments off the tree and make a permament display/scene. It sits in his playroom now. He's 15 so he doesn't play with it but enjoys looking at it. I was able to suspend some of the "flying" ornaments so they really are flying. The people ornaments are staged as if in battle or protecting someone else. It's cute. The problem is each year I have to figure out where to put the "new guy."

#4204 - 01/06/05 10:53 AM Re: Next year.....
Qwackertoo Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Rocket City, U.S.A.
Maybe there will be some green lights w/white cords around St. Patrick's Day~!

Hey Terri . . . . we could have a fun contest and everyone could GUESS just how many trees MSHMK has~!!! Just for the fun of it~!!! LOL Let's see I'll guess . . . . 18 . . . . . that you actually put up this year including ALL sizes~!

Deanna

#4205 - 01/08/05 03:14 PM Re: Next year.....
Govoni Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Hagerstown,MD USA
Sandy, I have a 7 foot white tree with about 4000 green lights on it and it is goregous! It took me 3 or 4 days to put all those lights on! I got those lights at Wal-mart 2 years ago but you might try going here and contacting customer service.These people have always been so nice and try to help me with anything I am trying to find. I did get red, white and blue lights on a white string here a few years back for my patrotic tree. Good luck! Nancy

http://www.bronners.net/minaturelights.html

#4206 - 01/08/05 07:44 PM Re: Next year.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dee:
[B]Well, I keep getting lots of food ornaments so hoping to do something in the kitchen. I don't have that much space so everytime I think of something, I think no don't want to hang a wreath there because ornaments might fall in the garbage disposal.

Dee,
You might try a wall tree. I found a three foot wall tree for a reasonable price after Christmas that I hang on the wall in the kitchen. I take down some pictures to make room. I hang food ornaments on it and it looks really great.

Linda

#4207 - 01/08/05 08:26 PM Re: Next year.....
MSHMK Offline
Santa's Helper

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwackertoo:
Maybe there will be some green lights w/white cords around St. Patrick's Day~!

Hey Terri . . . . we could have a fun contest and everyone could [b]GUESS
just how many trees MSHMK has~!!! Just for the fun of it~!!! LOL Let's see I'll guess . . . . 18 . . . . . that you actually put up this year including ALL sizes~!

ROFL - You'd never believe how close you are, Deanna!

Thanks for the St. Pats suggestion! I will certainly look for the lights then!

Terri

[This message has been edited by MSHMK (edited 01-08-2005).]

#4208 - 01/08/05 09:14 PM Re: Next year.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Good Lord allowing, my brother and I will have a new house (he'll be living there) which means at least to me, at least four trees. one i know will be disney, as he collects grolier disney and i'm giving him all my hallmark disney. and i'm trying to find out how high the ceiling will be in the family room - so i can get a real big tree! another tree will be dedicated to our parents so we need to start working on the decorations now. having a new home will be great - but having a large home to decorate will be wonderful! my brother already has visions of electrical spectacle dancing in his head!

tina

#4209 - 01/08/05 09:27 PM Re: Next year.....
MSHMK Offline
Santa's Helper

Quote:
Originally posted by Qwackertoo:
[B]Maybe there will be some green lights w/white cords around St. Patrick's Day~!

If anybody finds or sees any at Target or anyplace else, please let me know, okay?

Terri

#4210 - 01/11/05 07:58 PM Re: Next year.....
ornaholic Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Ohio
Cheesylights.com has green lights with a white cord. I'm looking for red and white with a green cord and red and white with a white cord. I can find plenty of clear, but can't find the combo with white. I had them strung in garland with a peppermint theme for the past several years and I think they've finally had enough! I was thinking the red and white would really be nice for a white Valentine's tree also. -Karen

#4211 - 01/11/05 11:45 PM Re: Next year.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

HEy next year. At least i'm not the only on thinking about it.
Next year since i ddin't have much time to decorate this year due to moving into a new house.
I plan on putting garland down the stairs. I plan on having 3 trees:
1 cat tree for my cats
one everything tree
and one themed tree.
Not sure what though yet.
As for the outside I plan on decorating in blue. Blue tree and garland going down the walk way around the steps.

I can't wait. Now I wish the next season would hurry up and come!
Krystle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator