YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26240 Topics
324382 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#43187 - 12/26/03 06:18 AM Sad now that its over???
SunnySue Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Idaho
Hi everyone, I was just wondering how your all feeling now that another christmas is over with.I am sort of glad myself, its been a real different one here. I won`t be putting my ornaments away for awhile though.

#43188 - 12/26/03 10:16 AM Re: Sad now that its over???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Christmas isn't over! We still have 11 more days!

Yippie!

------------------
TTFN!
Drewster
Allison Flood Victim swimming in debt! Make Drewster your link to Amazon.com.
"Acting is easy. Just know your lines and don't bump into the furniture."
- Spencer Tracy

#43189 - 12/26/03 04:19 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
JerseyVike Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Jersey Shore
I'm in agreement with Drewster!!!

Today is only the 2nd day of Christmas.

We have all the way till the sixth of January.

#43190 - 12/26/03 07:46 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
Mark Offline
YuleLoggers Club Board Moderator
Santa's Helper

Loc: The City of Decatur, Georgia
Nope; not over!

In fact, I'm just getting started and I'm quite happy!

#43191 - 12/26/03 07:46 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
Nope, not sad at all. I actually look forward to putting things away, organizing everything and getting a fresh start on the new year. I have to get my tree down by next week because the recyclers will only pick up until the end of the week. I have year-end financial close to do at work so my goal is to get everything down and put away by New Year's so I can start the year off with decorations put away, organized (where I can hopefully find them if needed during the year!) and my condo de-cluttered so I have room to workout again and not have to worry about it when I'm working long hours again.

Also, I'm looking forward to January and the online version of the 2004 Dreambook. Once all of my existing ornaments are put away, I can go into denial again over how many I have and don't have room for .

[This message has been edited by homemadebycarol (edited 12-26-2003).]

#43192 - 12/26/03 08:52 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
Dee Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Raytown, MO USA
I'm glad all the rush and worry is over. Today my shoulders and neck were sore, I think it was from all the tension.

I'm not ready to put anything away and I'm not even going to try to get it done before I have to get back to work on the 6th. I'm taking my time and getting rid of stuff.

I love you husband Mark, but I'm getting rid of those weird penquin ornaments you gave me on our second Christmas!

Oh and after doing a little exchanging and shopping today I came home and put up the icicle lights on our deck's arbor roof.

[This message has been edited by Dee (edited 12-26-2003).]

#43193 - 12/26/03 09:52 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
Mark Offline
YuleLoggers Club Board Moderator
Santa's Helper

Loc: The City of Decatur, Georgia
The thing is...I keep finding more stuff I want to display, so out it goes!

[This message has been edited by Mark (edited 01-10-2007).]

#43194 - 12/26/03 10:20 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
Govoni Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Hagerstown,MD USA
I agree with Carol. I am ready to destuff, and move on to the New Year and get back to my usual routine. I felt so stressed all through December and that countdown at the top of the board didn't help one bit! I have always been one to take my decorations down on New Year's Eve though. I love the feeling of starting the New Year with everything put away and in order. It makes me think that Spring is a little closer. Happy New Year to Everyone!! Nancy

#43195 - 12/28/03 12:34 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
cattypatty Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Beloit, OH USA
Well, I'm not exactly sad - yet. As long as I keep up my decorations, I'm happy. Sadness sets in about February or March when I've finally managed to get everything put away. (After all, snowmen are not just for Christmas, right?! They're for winter.) My mother used to get up at 6:00 a.m. on New Year's Day and by noon you'd never know Christmas had ever happened. I determined as a teenager that I'd NEVER put away my Christmas stuff until after the Eastern Orthodox Christmas in January. (I had a high school friend who was of Serbian Orthodox background.) I guess I'm a Christmasaholic - if there is such a thing! More power to anyone who is organized enough to get their stuff put away by New Year's, but that's not for me. I'm always so busy before Christmas that I never really have the time to enjoy my decorations until after Christmas dinner is over. Happy New Year to everyone - even those who are taking down decorations even as I type!
Patty

#43196 - 12/28/03 03:20 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
Carko Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Greenfield, WI USA
Not sad-- but very very tired.

#43197 - 12/28/03 04:19 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm still decorating! I'm displaying all my After Christmas finds! I won't start putting Christmas away until after New Year's weekend.

#43198 - 12/28/03 05:26 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please change the post to "how many more days of Christmas to go" rather than how many days ago the 25th was. who's the "bah-humbug"?
I belive it was Harold Lloyd (who's Harold Lloyd you ask- a movie star way before your time who loved Christmas) that had a year-round Christmas tree, floor to ceiling, in his home. I understand it is there still today as his home was turned into a museum.
My home would never be a museum but I wish I had a room in which to have a perpetual Christmas tree. As a neighbor of mine said,
"when you look at your Christmas tree you are looking at your family history", and I think that's true. It's the collectible that defines who we are much more than any of the other stuff we store in closets, attics, and basements. What do you think?

#43199 - 12/28/03 06:00 PM Re: Sad now that its over???
Ginny Offline
Santa's Helper

Quote:
Originally posted by cattypatty:
More power to anyone who is organized enough to get their stuff put away by New Year's, but that's not for me. I'm always so busy before Christmas that I never really have the time to enjoy my decorations until after Christmas dinner is over.

I loved these 2 sentences and wholeheartedly agree!!! I do consider those who have it down already (or will soon) to be super-organized, but it's also not for me. There's just too much stress before Christmas for me to really enjoy sitting by the tree, or just looking at and enjoying my decorations. I need that time afterwards to really appreciate it.

LOL...and like so many of you, I'm also still putting up. I bought a new tree just a few days ago and just today transferred all the ornaments I had on one tree onto the new one. I have a big party at my place on January 1st; so it's imperative that the holiday decorations are still up then. Plus, I'm hosting my local club meeting at the end of January; so I won't start to take things dwon till after that. And then I'll be lucky to have it all packed away by March 1st! I'm hoping that with increased storage space (a huge basement), I might be able to store a few of the trees in their decorated state. But since I already have a few changes planned for next year, that may not work out.

Moderator:  Moderator