YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (carstairs38), 30 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1532 Members
15 Forums
26198 Topics
323862 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#47721 - 04/25/02 11:14 AM Any Graduates?
Dee Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Raytown, MO USA
I know Terri and Cathy have sons graduating from HS this year, any other graduates?

I have a niece in Hazel Green AL graduating and a nephew in Hutchinson Kansas graduating.

I know we won't make the Alabama graduation but hope to make the Kansas one. It's on Memorial Day and my oldest daughter has to perform a Flag Ceremony for GS at the re-opening of the Liberty Memorial here in town. Let's see how many things we can fit into one weekend!! :P

#47722 - 04/25/02 11:32 AM Re: Any Graduates?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My nephew is graduating from The University of Texas at Arlington on Mother's Day. I think this is a great present for his mom and me too! Although I don't have kids he is like a son to me. He calls me his 2nd mom. He will be getting married on October 12th to his High School sweetheart.

Marilyn

#47723 - 04/25/02 11:42 AM Re: Any Graduates?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My oldest daughter, can't believe she is really 40, is getting her R.N. the middle of May. Needless to say we will be there hooping and hollering for her.

#47724 - 04/25/02 01:23 PM Re: Any Graduates?
MSHMK Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Oklahoma
Thanks Dee for reminding me(please note my icon) - AS IF I didn't realize it's coming up on me so quickly now. Ryan will graduate on Friday, May 24 and then the following Monday will be our 24th anniversary, does that count?

Also another one of our own readers that has a son graduating is Judy Jackson (Judy J). Seems like 1984 was a very "popular year" if you know what I mean.

Terri

[This message has been edited by MSHMK (edited 04-25-2002).]

#47725 - 05/06/02 03:44 PM Re: Any Graduates?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm proud to announce that my son has earned his Masters Degree with Honors from ASU and will receive his diploma Friday, May 10. Then he is off to San Francisco Art Institute for two years to work on his Masters in Fine Arts.
I'm going to miss him...but...I get to go to San Francisco soon!
:-Doye

#47726 - 05/06/02 06:07 PM Re: Any Graduates?
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
Doye - congrats to your son - he's going to love the SF Bay Area! I'm an almost-native Bay Area person and even though I've lived in other parts of CA and in Oregon, the Bay Area always calls me back.

Even though I just started, I will be graduating from the Culinary Institute of America in December of this year. I'm commemorating it not with a graduation ornament but with the New Home ornament since I had to move to Napa Valley to attend CIA. And because I'll use any excuse to buy a gingerbread ornament .

------------------
Princess, having experience with princes, seeks frog.

#47727 - 05/06/02 06:13 PM Re: Any Graduates?
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
My goddaughter, Kelly, got her BS in Math and graduated Summa Cum Laude last Saturday. She'll be 21 in September & we've been involved in her life since she was 2. Amazing to see how kids grow up!!

------------------
Karen W2 - Oceanside, CA.

[This message has been edited by Karen W2 (edited 05-06-2002).]

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#47728 - 05/06/02 08:08 PM Re: Any Graduates?
AngieF Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Arkansas
After much procrastination, I have finally completed my Associates Degree in Office Administration. I will graduate this Saturday but have decided not to participate in the actual graduation ceremony.

#47729 - 05/07/02 07:48 AM Re: Any Graduates?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our youngest child, a daughter will graduate from high school on May 26th and our second child, a daughter will graduate from college with an Elementary Education degree on May 10th.

Four through high school and two through college.

I have purchased a black dress for the last high school graduation. I told Meghan, the color will fit my mode....mourning that the last one will be leaving home come fall.

------------------
~Lisa~

#47730 - 05/07/02 03:32 PM Re: Any Graduates?
Lil Ms Muff Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: TN
I have purchased a black dress for the last high school graduation. I told Meghan, the color will fit my mode....mourning that the last one will be leaving home come fall. Quoted from Lisa (Don't know how to do the quotes)

Lisa, I have realized that children are just like boomerangs, once they go out they return and come back ... The black mourning thing won't last too long!! Your in my prayers!

#47731 - 05/07/02 08:38 PM Re: Any Graduates?
Cathy_Tex Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Houston TX
My oldest son, Travis, is graduating from high school on May 29, and he'll be moving up to Dallas to attend the Univ of Texas in Dallas. Prom is the 18th and it's getting pretty crazy around our house now - VERY exciting too, though!

------------------
Cathy Metcalf - Houston, Texas
Friends are the BEST collectibles!
Visit my home on the web!

#47732 - 05/08/02 11:01 AM Re: Any Graduates?
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
I have a niece graduating from Wichita Heights (Kansas) high school on May 28. At the beginning of the school year she was one of 11 candidates for the honor of valedictorian; she's still on track to finish with straight As. My brother and brother-in-law told her that they were planning to organize a card section to perform at graduation and to lead cheers to whoop and holler for her. She told them that they wouldn't be invited. Of course, they all knew that the guys were kidding. We were hoping that my niece would choose to follow my generation by attending Pittsburg State, but she's decided to go to Wichita State to study accounting.

My sister-in-law (the mother of this niece) has a niece graduating from high school the same night that a nephew (different family) graduating from Pittsburg State; the nephew is waiting to hear if he's been accepted to the med school tied to Kansas University or Creighton. That family has a busy night and has been working out the details of who will be where!

I don't know how all of these kids are old enough to be reaching these milestones! But it's nice to have a good thing to celebrate!

#47733 - 05/12/02 03:52 AM Re: Any Graduates?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our oldest daughter will be graduating from High School on June 14th! A blended family, our oldest son will ALSO graduate in June (still can't get him to tell us the date, though!
1984 was a very busy baby year, it seems!!

#47734 - 05/13/02 08:48 AM Re: Any Graduates?
SharonLL Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Miami, FL
Our son, Tony, whose birthday happens to be today, will be graduating from high school on May 31. He will be attending the University of Miami on an academic scholarship.

#47735 - 05/16/02 11:08 AM Re: Any Graduates?
Dee Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Raytown, MO USA
OH GEEZE HOW COULD I FORGET???!!

My youngest daughter, Hannah will be graduating from preschool tonight.

Moderator:  Moderator