YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (carstairs38), 30 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1532 Members
15 Forums
26198 Topics
323862 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#52950 - 05/12/02 08:27 PM Boring Season at Hallmarks
Phillip27 Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: PA, USA
In my personal opinion, this time of year has to be the most boring time at the Hallmark stores. Other than picking up a few cards, I rarely visit my local Hallmark stores. It happens right after Easter and lingers until the Ornament Premiere. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I collected some of Hallmark's other collectibles(PEANUTS, KCC). But right now when I walk into a Hallmark there just isn't anything there for me. When Merry Miniatures were small, seasonal, plastic, unboxed and sold for ~$3, I would have a reason to visit Hallmark this time of year. But those days are long gone. Now I'm forced into Hallmark withdraw until the Ornament Premiere. Even when Hallmark starts to make Halloween Ornaments(YEAH!), it's not like they will be out before the Christmas Ornament Premiere. I guess I shouldn't be complaining. A couple months away from Hallmark gives me time to save up some money for the Premiere.

#52951 - 05/12/02 10:01 PM Re: Boring Season at Hallmarks
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree, Philip. I, too, go into Hallmark withdrawal. Now, when I have some unexpected spare time, I don't wander over to a Hallmark store... And, while I agree that it saves money, I still don't like it!

Karen

#52952 - 05/12/02 10:30 PM Re: Boring Season at Hallmarks
Anonymous
Unregistered

I sure agree with you, Phillip27. In fact, I received a Birthday Card from my Hallmark store with a 20% off coupon that must be used during my birthday month of May. I went in yesterday, and couldn't find a thing I wanted even at 20% off.

Oh! to have a July birthday!

Joan

#52953 - 05/13/02 09:02 AM Re: Boring Season at Hallmarks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all. I havn't been posting on the board lately, been busy with the start of my new company, but I do read the board when I can. I saw this post about what a boring time at the Hallmark stores. HOW UNTRUE for me. Ready for this. This Saturday, I was in a Hallmark store just looking around. This store have many 2001 ornies out for 50% off. They have the leftovers out all year hoping to sell them. I'm looking over the collection. I see a Creative Cutter on the shelf. There were actually 4 of them, but one had a very very little, the size of a pinhead,little imperfection on the front of the box in the upper left hand corner. I hope you guessed it by now. Its where the little gold sticker for the colorways ornamnets go. So I opened the box, and sure enough, I got me a Creative Cutter colorway for 50% off. Now that I do NOT call boring!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by touchekidd (edited 05-13-2002).]

#52954 - 05/13/02 10:45 AM Re: Boring Season at Hallmarks
Richard Gehrke Offline

Loc: Mahtowa, MN
I totally agree, this is definitely the boring season at Hallmark. I went into one of my local hallmarks for the first time in months the other day for my May cards that I needed. Checked out the clearance section and bought some 1/2 off Spring ornaments and glanced over some 1/2 off Cherished Teddies.

I also collect The Peanuts Gallery but I don't seem to have the money for that right now, so even that's not a reason for me to get into the stores.

#52955 - 05/14/02 07:20 PM Re: Boring Season at Hallmarks
Carko Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Greenfield, WI USA
Well, I have a July birthday and Keepsake Ornaments are NOT included in the birthday percent off cards.
I never use this card as I am saving all my money for the Ornaments! It's pretty much just good for cards and paper. I wish the card was good for a one time use anytime of the year. I sure could use it October, November and December!

Moderator:  Moderator