YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26322 Topics
325324 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5701 - 03/12/07 11:25 AM Local club pins / Does your club have one?
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Idaho
Just wondering how many local clubs have pins for their clubs. Do you collect other local club pins? Will your club be selling and/or trading your club pins at the events this summer?

Stacey

#5702 - 03/12/07 12:00 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
HAL1069 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Stacy:
Yes, my local club here in Atlanta has a pin. Actually we now have two! We're the Northeast Atlanta Collectors/Sharing Joy Club. Our first pin is taken from the "Joy is in the air" ornament from 1990 (?). Its the Santa with the parachute.
We did a special edition pin in 2006 for our artist signing event, too. Its a fire engine like the special edition ornament that was available those weekends.
I'm thinking of bringing some along to see if any people might like to buy one or both. I'm going to be in Kansas City and I'm not sure if any other members from my local club might be going to the other sites.
I'm thinking of beginning a local club pin collection myself but I'm not sure.
Thanks for asking! I hope to see others also respond about their club's pins!

Ralph

#5703 - 03/12/07 12:07 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
My Local Club has pins also. We charge $5 for them.

I do collect other club pins. Since there were no special tables to trade pins at the 2003 and 2005 events, I had a hard time finding people to trade with. I managed to find people while room hopping.

I will be taking some to Orlando this year.

#5704 - 03/12/07 12:33 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
Ginny Offline
Santa's Helper

Stacey, yes, my local St. Louis club has had 3 pins in its 12 year history, and right now we don't have any left. I hope we'll make one this year and have it for the events.

Our most recent pin in 2005 had several of the NHS against a backdrop of the Gateway Arch. We got it right before the St. Louis event in 2005. It sold out like hotcakes at the event.

I'm also in COOL, and we've had a number of pins over the years. We also sold out at the 2005 events.

I have probably between 30-40 other club pins, but have tapered off to where I really don't trade anymore. I just buy the ones that I really can't live without, but have cut way back.

#5705 - 03/12/07 02:33 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
MicheleB Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Monroe Township, NJ
My local club will also have pins for sale at the Kansas City event. It is based on the Sharing Santas Snacks ornament. We will be selling them for $5.00 and giving our old club pin as a freebie to whoever buys our new one.

Michele

#5706 - 03/12/07 06:25 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
caliebst Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Wichita, KS, USA
My local club, Timeless Treasures, Wichita, KS, has a pin. It was created before I became a member and is primarily based on the 1st Merry Olde Santa.

------------------
Carol

[This message has been edited by caliebst (edited 03-12-2007).]

#5707 - 03/13/07 02:50 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
labear Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Sorrento, Florida
Our local club does not have one but we talked about it at our last meeting and even have our ornament picked out but we need to find out who to contact to get them made. If anyone can email me information on who or how their club got their pins made I would really appreciate it. We would like to have them to take to the events this year to try to sell them and raise some money for the club.

#5708 - 03/13/07 06:30 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
Govoni Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Hagerstown,MD USA
labear, you can find people who do the pins by doing a search on-line.

Our club, Tristate Trimmers, has a pin and we have taken them to events and sold some at $5.00 each. I even put one on Ebay and sold it, too. The problem I think with our order was we had to buy such a large minimum amount and we still have quite a few left from that one order. Nancy

#5709 - 03/13/07 07:02 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
hmarklover Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: West Virginia
My local club, Teays Trimmers, has a pin also. They are $5 and we've taken them to many events. My club has not authorized me to trade them, only to sell them and unfortunately, we have not sold very many.

Barbara

#5710 - 03/13/07 07:21 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by hmarklover2:
My local club, Teays Trimmers, has a pin also. They are $5 and we've taken them to many events. My club has not authorized me to trade them, only to sell them and unfortunately, we have not sold very many.

Barbara

I think that there are probably more people who want to trade pins than to buy them. I have thought about taking pins from my local club to sell, but I've usually seen indicators that trades are preferred if not the only option.

#5711 - 03/13/07 08:38 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
lindafay Offline
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper

Loc: Duncan, OK USA
 Quote:
Originally posted by Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS:
I think that there are probably more people who want to trade pins than to buy them.

What I've done, is to buy some of my club pins. Then if someone only wants to trade, I'll have one to trade with. Of course, I will sell to those who don't have one to trade. Or if they have one that I want, but only want to sell, I'll buy from them.

Linda

#5712 - 03/14/07 11:16 AM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

I haven't heard of any clubs that trade pins, just individuals who trade their club's pin for other club's pins. So in my case, like Linda's, I would purchase the pins from my club and trade for others.

I would like to see the pins your clubs have for sale and might be interested in purchasing (or trading) so send me a picture, if you can!

Ginny, I have one COOL pin and it's the cutest in my [small] collection.

Stacey

#5713 - 03/14/07 11:35 AM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
Ginny Offline
Santa's Helper

I think the last 2 posters made great points. If I trade pins, it is from my own supply that I've purchased from my club. Our club doesn't trade pins either, and I doubt many do as it would defeat the purpose of it being a funds generator.

Keep in mind that many members just sell them as a volunteer for their clubs and so they can't do a trade.

www.pindepot.com is one company we've used that is very good. The more details, # of colors in your pin, cut outs within the pin, etc. the more it affects the price ... but also often, the more desirable your pin will be and easy to sell. Also the type of pin, whether or not it has any silk screen printing included, etc. and the size affect things greatly. The price lists are based on standard and very simple designs; so always get a custom quote from different companies and compare them by whether you are getting the same features from each source.

[This message has been edited by Ginny (edited 03-14-2007).]

#5714 - 03/14/07 11:37 AM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
Ginny Offline
Santa's Helper

Quote:
Originally posted by StaceyN:
Ginny, I have one COOL pin and it's the cutest in my [small] collection.
Stacey

Thanks, Stacey! Is it one of these?

http://www.collectingornamentsonline.com/public/merchandise.php

#5715 - 03/14/07 01:14 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

Quote:
Originally posted by Ginny:
Thanks, Stacey! Is it one of these?

http://www.collectingornamentsonline.com/public/merchandise.php

Nope. I have the one with the Frosty Friends gang above the word COOL. The others are very cute, also.

Stacey

#5716 - 03/20/07 10:18 AM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
StaceyN Offline
Santa's Helper

I ordered the one on the right a few days ago and it arrived yesterday! Very cute!

Stacey

#5717 - 03/20/07 11:38 AM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
Barbara Harris Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Miami County, Kansas, USA
I'm hoping lots of you will bring your club pins to the national event (KC), because I love them all and would really like to buy a bunch!

------------------
Barb (Harris) Melton
Whispering Hollow
Miami County, Kansas
Women have a lot of courage; otherwise, none would ever get married.
~ Gladiola Montana

#5718 - 03/26/07 10:25 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
szcue Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: House Springs, MO
Local Club pins, can anyone give me other names of companies where your club has had pins made?
My clubs last pin was from Pincrafters, has the Arch and NHS houses on it, the one Ginny spoke about. AWESOME pin. However, I need more sources for a new quote for 2007 events and beyond.
I need to get on this a.s.a.p., so any help and advice would be appreciated.
I'll be wheeling and dealing, look me up. Hoping to offer another awesome pin at this years events. Thanks!!!

[This message has been edited by szcue (edited 03-26-2007).]

#5719 - 03/31/07 06:33 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Shawnee, KS USA
While we're thinking about local club pins, I thought I'd pass along a couple of thoughts that have been in my "remember to post on Yulelog" memory for a couple of days.

My local club members have taken pins to the events to give to the artists. I know that Joyce Lyle used to have a pillow she displayed her pins on, and I remember seeing Mark Amren sporting our pin. They usually enjoy getting the pins, so you might want to make sure you have some to bring to the artists and maybe other Hallmark people who are there (like Kim Jones, the local club contact).

The other thing I wanted to mention is that pins make an excellent tool to use when opening ornaments boxes that have been shrink wrapped. My friends will tell you that I could qualify for "Let's Make a Deal" with the things I carry. I check all of the ornaments and items that I purchase at events, even going so far as to put batteries in the ornaments that require them because you can't easily get them replaced later (if at all). At the Keepsake Lane event, the miniature ornaments that I bought had been shrink wrapped, and having a pin with a sharp point came in handy to open the shrink wrap.

I'm going to post these same ideas on the thread I started a while ago about getting ready for events so that those who aren't interested in local club pins can get the same information.

#5720 - 03/31/07 10:31 PM Re: Local club pins / Does your club have one?
susan in florida Online   content
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper

Loc: Clearwater, Florida
Two clubs I belong to have club pins.

Room For One More, of Dunedin Florida, has the a round pin with the 1994 Cheery Cyclists shown. That is the Santa and reindeer on the bike. It is $4.50. That includes the postage to mail.

Forever Friends club of Clearwater Florida has a pin cut out like the 1995 Forever Friends bear ornament. It is $5.00 postage paid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Moderator