YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
1 registered (AshleyC), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Forum Stats
1533 Members
15 Forums
26240 Topics
324382 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#59617 - 08/29/02 12:19 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
Anonymous
Unregistered

USATODAY said today :"if the weekly votes at USATODAY .com are any indication, Clarkson has been a prohibitive favorite the past few weeks: This week's polling gave her 80% of 11,500 votes; Justin tallied only 12%."
I guess we already know who the winner is for next week.

#59618 - 08/29/02 07:24 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Reno, NV
Well, I didn't appreciate the comment about Justin as Sideshow Bob but shrugged it off - we're all going to feel differently about the contestants and don't have to like what other people say about the ones we're pulling for. No point in sweating the small stuff and after 9/11, it's all small stuff.

I agreed with Simon last night about how it should be down to Kelly and Justin but would never have put it that way to Nikki in front of all those people, especially her family. I think Kelly will win just based on her singing ability and incredible voice. If Tamyra were still in the running, she'd give Kelly a run for her money but since she isn't, I'd say Kelly's definitely odds on favor to win.

------------------
Life is a journey - don't drop anchor and settle.

#59619 - 08/29/02 09:57 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by homemadebycarol:
Well, I didn't appreciate the comment about Justin as Sideshow Bob but shrugged it off - we're all going to feel differently about the contestants and don't have to like what other people say about the ones we're pulling for. No point in sweating the small stuff and after 9/11, it's all small stuff.

Point taken but it was in jest comparing his hair to an animated character....I guess I have been reading the American Idol message boards way too much...those people are really nasty about what they say about all the contestants!

They call Kelly pig face, Nikki is white trash....these are some of the very mild remarks...

#59620 - 08/31/02 12:10 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Nikki may not be American Idol material as far as Pop Rock is concerned. She is a Country singer in my judgement. If she does not have a contract signed with Simon by now (like Tamyra), I am sure she has one with another Record Company.

Kelly? Pig face? That is how some people are. I LOVE her voice and her stage appearences. She IS NUMBER ONE in my book?

#59621 - 09/03/02 03:44 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
SharonLL Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Miami, FL
Okay, Kelly fans we need to vote for her tonight. Don't let polls lull you into not voting; remember what happened to Tamyra, everyone figured she'd get enough votes but she was voted out. Kelly is definitely "the American Idol," she's out performed everybody else every week.

#59622 - 09/03/02 03:52 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

My classmate who is Justin's good friend says he doesn't want to win as he doesn't want the title of "American Idol". And I'm sure he can get a recording deal from someone somewhere given the amount of exposure he's gotten already. So now we're all voting for Kelly . I'd vote for her anyway as I think she deserves to win.

------------------

#59623 - 09/04/02 12:21 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
Anonymous
Unregistered

homemadebycarol, why would the title of American Idol be a bad thing?

#59624 - 09/04/02 03:48 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
SharonLL Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Miami, FL
If I were Justin, I'd say I didn't want to be America's Idol, too. That's an easy way out. He has to know that Kelly is a much better singer and performer than him. There was no comparing the two last night. Kelly aced the two songs they each had to sing, while Justin's was a bit strained.

#59625 - 09/04/02 04:01 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

Maybe he feels it would be a limiter, like you'd always be type cast as the American Idol TV show, vs someone with real talent that didn't get there through all the hype. Like if Kelly won and she put out her CD, it'd always be tagged as the American Idol CD vs Kelly Clarkson, a talented singer, who's coming out with a hit CD. Personally I think Kelly is talented enough to pull it off and come across as her own talent rather than just as the "American Idol" winner but I'm not sure I could say the same about Justin. I still like him but I definitely think Kelly will win tonight.

------------------

#59626 - 09/04/02 05:19 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hope you are right homemadebycarol

I am nervous though after Tamyra got booted a few weeks ago...and I had a hard time getting through to Kelly's line last night...not sure if that is a good thing or not....I spoek to a lot of people today who wanted to vote for Kelly but gave up after all the busy signals...

#59627 - 09/04/02 09:13 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
Anonymous
Unregistered

YES! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! YES! YES!

I am way too excited about this result!

I am so happy for Kelly. She deserved it! I'll be honest when it was the final 10, Justin was one of the contestants I liked but as the contest went on Kelly who wasn't even on my list grew on me and blasted the others away!

I have to also admit I am shocked the vote was that close 58 to 42

YES!

#59628 - 09/05/02 10:09 AM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it just me, or was the British Pop Idol pretty much on par with Jim Verrarros? That guy wouldn't have made the top ten in this country!

Great result. Kelly was so cute trying to sing and breaking up with the lyrics. The song was designed to do that you know. It had to be!

------------------
TTFN!
Drewster
Allison Flood Victim swimming in debt! Make Drewster your link to Amazon.com.
"Acting is easy. Just know your lines and don't bump into the furniture."
- Spencer Tracy

#59629 - 09/05/02 12:23 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
I was at a Local Club meeting last night so I had to tape the show. I still did not see it. I was very happy to hear Kelly got the title. She can sing any song good!!

Justin probably has a contract already. I doubt very much he hasn't been contacted. Besides, Simon's company has dibs on him. Simon has dibs on all of them, IF he offered and they accepted.

I liked the British singer. I thought he was better than Justin. I could not get over Justin being a slow dance singer. I figure him for a faster beat. Those were the songs I liked him singing.

#59630 - 09/05/02 03:54 PM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
homemadebycarol Offline
Santa's Helper

The British guy did nothing for me - now I really believe Simon when he says the US outdoes Britain when it comes to singing sensations. I was glad Kelly won and I thought Justin was a class act in being so happy for her.

The top 10 is coming to Sacramento, CA so my classmates and I are going to get tix to see them perform, especially my classmate who's a friend of Justin's. We'll be American Idol groupies for a night....

------------------

#59631 - 09/06/02 08:00 AM Re: OT: Anyone watching American Idol?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by homemadebycarol:

The top 10 is coming to Sacramento, CA so my classmates and I are going to get tix to see them perform, especially my classmate who's a friend of Justin's. We'll be American Idol groupies for a night....

Aha! SO now I see why you were bothered by my Sideshow Bob comment....it was good natured I assure you....

I saw Kelly on Leno last night...what a sweetheart!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Moderator