YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 75 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26322 Topics
325324 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Topic Options
#64699 - 05/27/05 09:09 PM Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
Richard Gehrke Offline

Loc: Mahtowa, MN
Dear friends, about nine years ago I had the privilege of meeting my local State Senator Becky Lourey at our annual Kids Plus Conference and had the opportunity on many occassions to meet with her. In April of 1999 I stood outside of the Minnesota Senate waiting to talk to her when I was a part of Project 120. I had the honor of being able to job shadow her for a day in my Senior year of high school for my course on Business English. For my 20th birthday in 2001 I went to the state capitol to watch the legislative session and sent a note into the Minnesota Senate to meet with Becky. In 2002 I was a enthusiastic supporter of her campaign for Governor in our state and was saddened to see her drop out of the race after losing the endorsement to our former Senate Majority Leader Roger Moe. In 2003 I attended a local town hall meeting with two members of my youth council from the Youth Center that I worked at, at the time and we went in order for Becky to know how the possible budget cuts that were coming within the state were going to affect our program. I was honored to introduce my two members to Senator Lourey as both their State Senator and a friend of mine. In the fall of 2003 I wrote to Becky to protest the possible closure of the Dept. of Public Safety office in Duluth that would also mean the elimination of my mother's job. Becky personally called my mother and I to hear more info. about the possible closure and she assured us that she would talk to those who were in charge of the decision to move forward with the closure, despite all she could do she was unsuccessful.

I am honored to call State Senator Lourey (Becky as I call her) a good friend of mine, she is a wonderful woman, is a great leader in the Minnesota State Legislature on issues ranging from farming, to health care, to early childhood education, to after school enrichment programs, and is the parent of twelve children, eight of whom were adopted.

It saddens me that she has lost a third child now. Her son last night was killed when the helicopter he was flying was shot down in Iraq. He had recently signed up for a second tour of duty in Iraq and felt that it was his duty to his country despite the strong feelings his family had about the war in Iraq.

I would ask that you please put my good friend State Senator Becky Lourey and her family in your prayers this evening; as well as, all those who are serving in Iraq at the time. This is not meant to be a post about the merits of the war in Iraq; however, is a post to say that please remember my good friend and her family at this time of sorrow.

Thank you!!!

#64700 - 05/27/05 09:51 PM Re: Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Richard, I will add Becky's son to my prayers.

#64701 - 05/28/05 01:56 AM Re: Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
annp Offline

Loc: NY
Richard,

My condolences to your friend Becky and her family. I will definitely pray for them and for all the military people who serve our country.

Ann P.

#64702 - 05/28/05 07:32 AM Re: Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
SandyT Online   content
Elf Manager

Loc: Uniontown PA USA
Richard,
I will add your friend's son and family to my prayers. I can only imagine how a mother must feel losing a child. Please extend my sympathy to her and her family at this difficult time.

#64703 - 05/29/05 11:36 AM Re: Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
cattypatty Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Beloit, OH USA
Richard, I've just returned from church this morning where we had a special prayer time for all those serving in Iraq and for those who have lost loved ones. We have a chuch member serving with the Marines in Iraq presently, I will add your friend Becky and her family to my prayers for all servicemen and women. Condolences to all who knew him.

#64704 - 05/29/05 08:15 PM Re: Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
Cathy_Tex Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Houston TX
Richard, I'm sorry for your friend's loss. That is so sad - they will be in my prayers.

#64705 - 05/31/05 12:58 AM Re: Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
Darcy Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Beautiful ♥ Colorado
Prayers being sent from Colorado. Thank you Richard for posting the story.

#64706 - 05/31/05 06:35 AM Re: Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your friend and her family are in our prayers.

#64707 - 05/31/05 06:55 AM Re: Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
Anonymous
Unregistered

Prayer to all. God bless!

#64708 - 05/31/05 01:16 PM Re: Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
Anonymous
Unregistered

Richard, I am sorry to hear of this and I will be praying for your friend and her family as well as for all those in Iraq.
Kathy

#64709 - 05/31/05 02:00 PM Re: Please Pray For a Fried Of Mine, Who's Son Died in Iraq Last Night
Taj Offline
Elf VP

Prayers are already on the way.

Moderator:  Moderator