YuleLog Home
How to Register on the Bulletin Board
Buy YuleLog Software

Who's Online
0 registered (), 76 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
1536 Members
15 Forums
26326 Topics
325460 Posts

Max Online: 557 @ 01/14/20 02:55 PM
Google Ads
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#69775 - 04/26/02 01:07 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Milwaukee, WI USA
Thank you Karen for taking the time to post your comment. That did help.

I had to call Hallmark Gold Crown anyway for an address change. Since my daughter and her husband bought a home recently, it was now time for her name and address to change. She did not want anything going to their apartment and kept her "home" address.

I mentioned the $10 Certificates and keychains, plus my Gold Crown Certificate.

They are two different mailings and I should be receiving both. The keychain and "bonus" certificate by May 3rd AND the $5 GC certificate with statement in a separate mailing shortly. At least I know they are on their way.

I also mentioned the November Contest and Newsletter. I was transferred to the KOCC Club line. There was no follow up to the contest and we should be receiving the NEW 35 or so page CLUB MAGAZINE in June. Maybe the contest answers and winner will be announced in there. It would be wonderful if I won, but I am more interested in the answers.

[This message has been edited by Mary F. (edited 04-26-2002).]

#69776 - 04/26/02 01:23 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Hi Mary,
Did the person you talked to about the contest happen to mention what was going to happen for those of us who are Charter Members of the KOCC, since we never got an answer from Beth on this?

------------------
Karen W2 - Oceanside, CA.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#69777 - 04/26/02 03:25 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
mel-gregory Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Valencia, CA
Today, I received my statement which shows points deducted for gift certificates, but I did not get any certificates, nor did I get a keychain. I am totally confused, but will just wait and see what comes in the mail in the next week or so.

------------------
Melissa
Tae Kwon Do Mom

Melissa
Black Belt Mom

#69778 - 04/26/02 05:32 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Today I received my statement with a $10.00 certificate and my statement reflects a deduction for $20.00. So I'm hoping my cert. with the keychain is in the mail somewhere. How many others have received the statement but no keychain other then Melissa and myself?

Marilyn

#69779 - 04/26/02 10:08 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Govoni Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Hagerstown,MD USA
I too received my new card with the key fobs several weeks after I stuck that little "magic" sticker on my old card. I didn't even try to peel it off as I figured it wouldn't stick well again. I just called the KOCC number, explained my problem and they said they would issue me a new one! So, if you need a new sticker to go with your new card, call them up! Also, I did find out today that the new cards, which are a little thinner plastic, than the old ones ,don't scan in the sliding type of scanners. The Hallmark shop I was in didn't have a scanner type. Their older machine wouldn't read the new card because it is too thin. That is what they told me, so I just pulled my old card out and it worked just the same! Why do we need a new card anyway???

#69780 - 04/26/02 10:52 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Elaine Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Tulsa, OK
I received the statement today, along with a $7.00 certificate. No key fob, etc.

#69781 - 04/27/02 02:59 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Anonymous
Unregistered

At our local club meeting today, our president (the store manager) said that all new Preferred Member cards did not scan, so we would probably be getting new ones within a short time.

------------------

[This message has been edited by BK25688 (edited 04-27-2002).]

[This message has been edited by BK25688 (edited 04-27-2002).]

#69782 - 04/27/02 03:42 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

I emailed KarenW2 privately, but in case others want to know the answer.

I am not a charter member so I had no reason to ask about that. All the two employees I talked to (Gold Crown Program and KOCC), could only tell me what we all know already.

As for Beth, she did mention a while ago that she is not going to mention things until she is certain. She also wants to keep things a surprise. She has on a couple things and we enjoyed being surprised.

[This message has been edited by Mary F. (edited 04-27-2002).]

#69783 - 04/27/02 05:39 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
fourof5 Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Pacifica, California, USA
Yesterday - I got the key fobs, new preffered card and the $10.00 certificate.

TODAY - I received my new statement - and another $10.00 certificate. Acording to the statement - no deduction was made from my account for the certificate that came with my preferred card .... will check on Hallmark.com - but it makes me think it is a free gift??

------------------
-::-
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.* Kathy

Kathy Hochstraser aka fourof5

[This message has been edited by fourof5 (edited 04-27-2002).]

Kathleen Tullius

#69784 - 04/29/02 12:45 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Shandoo Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design

Loc: Port Orchard, WA
Well call me confused... until I read this thread!

I received my GC point statement last Friday and it only contained a $2.00 certificate. Noted on the statement on 1/31/02 was the issuance of a reward certificate with a corresponding 2700 point reduction. Boy, I sure don't remember getting a $9.00 certificate previously this year!!

Now it seems clear that this $9.00 cert must be the one I will receive "whenever" I get my new preferred card (assuming I get one ). I wonder how long I should wait before I worry about getting it?

Anyway the good news is that my $2.00 cert doesn't expire until 9/30/02. I hope the other cert when it arrives has as good a date. Now the question is will there be any more certs issued before premiere?

------------------
Shanda

[This message has been edited by Shandoo (edited 04-29-2002).]

#69785 - 04/30/02 10:57 AM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
FordCountryLinda Offline
Elf VP

Loc: Michigan
I'm glad someone wrote here that the new cards don't scan as I was concerned when mine didn't last week. Gal at the store tried to run it three times through the machine and then handpunched my numbers in. She was new so I thought maybe it was just her but am glad to know what the real problem is. I don't envy Hallmark having to send out another batch of cards as it'll be a costly mistake for them.

~Linda

#69786 - 04/30/02 01:46 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Karen W2 Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Did those whose cards didn't scan use the little key chain cards, or was it the regular size cards? I used my little one over the weekend, and it scanned just fine! The girls at the Creations store were real excited, cos they hadn't seen one yet! The girl who helped me called all the others over, to show them what it was!

I got my statement and $9.00 ctf last week. My statement shows the 3,000 points taken out on 1-31, for the "Reward Certificate", but it also shows $4.95 and 50 points deducted on 12-12, without an explanation! Guess I'll have to call and ask to find out what this was and why they deducted points from my account.

I like that they list the Card Quantity, Card Points & Special Points separate, but I'd like to see a separate listing for the Ornaments Quantity as well. That way, we could tell if we're getting our purchases & applicable bonuses credited correctly.

All in all tho, I'm just happy that Hallmark has the gold crown program! I'm happy to use any "free money" they want to send me! It ensures I'll keep coming in & buying their products!

------------------
Karen W2 - Oceanside, CA.

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"

#69787 - 04/30/02 04:56 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I received my statement and certificates yesterday but no keychain fob either. I know I was a preferred member. Can Beth offer an explanation for some of us getting these and some of us not?

#69788 - 05/02/02 09:37 AM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
labear Offline
Elf Manager

Loc: Sorrento, Florida
I received my new card and key tag but I had already placed my 2002 KOCC sticker on my old Gold Crown card and when you try to remove it, it rips so I guess I will have to do without that designation on my card, not that it matters because I belong to a local club and they know I am a KOCC member but it was nice when you are out visiting other stores.
Just saw the post about getting a new sticker so I guess I will have to call about that. Thanks.
I have used my new card at least twice in the last week and it has worked both times. I too was confused about my points on my statement too and need to call about it.

[This message has been edited by labear (edited 05-02-2002).]

#69789 - 05/02/02 12:24 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Mary F. Offline
Santa's Helper

I have not received a new card or keychain.

I did receive my $5 GC Certificate. I have been a member since 1994 and for the first time, my last name was spelled wrong.

On the statement, there was a notation saying they had computer problems with posting some of my purchases and it will be corrected in my next statement.

#69790 - 05/02/02 02:35 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cellygirl:
I received my statement and certificates yesterday but no keychain fob either. I know I was a preferred member. Can Beth offer an explanation for some of us getting these and some of us not?

Maybe I can help here.

If you are a Preferred Member you should be getting TWO mailings from Hallmark. One mailing will contain your new cards and it might also contain a reward certificate. This mailing was going to mail awhile ago.(like back in March) But, due to some problems it was delayed.

In the meantime your regular statement mailing was sent out with a reward certificate.

So... you should be receiving two mailings if you are a preferred member.

Hope this helps!

------------------
Jeff
Roadrunner Hallmark
www.theroadrunner.com

#69791 - 05/02/02 05:43 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Finally received my keychain and new Preferred Card with the $10 certificate.

Marilyn

#69792 - 05/03/02 10:46 AM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, Jeff!

#69793 - 05/03/02 04:35 PM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
mel-gregory Offline
Santa's Helper

Loc: Valencia, CA
I got my second mailing, with the preferred member cards and a $7 gift certificate. Managed to peel off my little sticker and put it on my new card, but couldn't bring myself to throwing my old card out just yet.

------------------
Melissa
Tae Kwon Do Mom

Melissa
Black Belt Mom

#69794 - 05/04/02 12:56 AM Re: Received New Preferred Member Card!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't have much to add to this topic, other than to say that I am very happy to see that Hallmark is now giving preferred members a special Gold Crown card. Being a preferred member may not add much extra to my Hallmark experience, but it is still nice to have a special card. And keyfobs. And a sticker to stick in the corner, I'm easy to please, hehe. (Don't tell Prince Charming I said that, he might not agree with me!).

Tamyra

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Moderator